CJ Stroud looking like the real deal.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Agreed hes looked stellar. No clue how Young went ahead of him.
Yeah, Stroud is not only the better passer, he has the ideal size too. Carolina traded all those picks for the wrong guy, IMO.

For Stroud's sake, I hope the Texans have learned their lesson from the B.O.B days, and actually help him out by surrounding him with good O-linemen and good receivers.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Agreed hes looked stellar. No clue how Young went ahead of him.
Mike Holmgren said on KJR it was an ownership decision as Frank Reich and the offensive coordinator wanted C.J. Stroud. I'd assume Scott Fitterer would be in the same boat. Another case in point why overly involved owners sink teams.

Last edited:

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
What if he was available at 5?
You have to wonder as I do think I remember hearing Pete say on Bump and Stacy after the draft he thought highly of him. Or it was Anthony Richardson. So I do think they would have considered taking a QB if their guy was available.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, Stroud is not only the better passer, he has the ideal size too. Carolina traded all those picks for the wrong guy, IMO.

For Stroud's sake, I hope the Texans have learned their lesson from the B.O.B days, and actually help him out by surrounding him with good O-linemen and good receivers.
This..I wanted him if the Hawks drafted a QB
That scrawny little guy at one was not for this level of play but the
media was nuthugging him to death and the Panthers fell for it.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
One assumed that he has processing issues after his S2 test, which purportedly he took multiple times but still scored all time low.

Rat

Reaction score
There was a lot of BS about how he can't handle the pressure of big games, but he wasn't the one who gave up two 80+ yard rushes to Michigan in the fourth quarter, and played phenomenally in the one-point loss to Georgia.

Glad to see the QB curse ending. I thought it was going to be Dwayne Haskins that was going to do it though. I couldn't see the accuracy he showed not translating to the pro game.

Last edited:
OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
There was a lot of BS about how he can't handle the pressure of big games, but he wasn't the one who gave us two 80+ yard rushes to Michigan in the fourth quarter, and played phenomenally in the one-point loss to Georgia.

Glad to see the QB curse ending. I thought it was going to be Dwayne Haskins that was going to do it though. I couldn't see the accuracy he showed not translating to the pro game.
From the videos of his recent NFL games, his footwork, release, accuracy were all very good. He ran well enough too. Not sure what else one could ask from a rookie, and not like his enjoys superb supporting cases either, in fact they sucked until he came along.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm surprised, honestly. I give this guy his due props but I didn't expect the Ohio State QB curse to be broken anytime soon especially considering how good his WR room was.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Mike Holmgren said on KJR it was an ownership decision as Frank Reich and the offensive coordinator wanted C.J. Stroud. I'd assume Scott Fitterer would be in the same boat. Another case in point why overly involved owners sink teams.

Spot-on post.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Heard a lot, but never saw an S2 at 17/18. I have a hard time believing that info.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
CJ suffered his first professional INT today, but still pulled out a win.