D-Line Possibles, or are we good?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
xray":1inumfq9 said:
Clark may score more sacks ; but Clowney is more disruptive overall against offenses ...TFLs etc. Head to head ; Clowney has the edge ; but they are close . If the Hawks pursue Clowney ;it would seem like they are trying to correct the mistake of trading Clark away . IMO

Clowney is definitely a more well rounded DE, in fact he's very good against the run, something Clark struggles with.

Idk, I just don't like the idea of eating up 15M of our 20M cap space leaving no room to operate should we need to make a mid-season trade, or even a trade at the end of camp in two weeks for a position of need.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Id get clowney. Like a lot of analysts are saying "seattle d line would become top 10 instead of botton 10." They also said itd help a so so secondary.

I think this is PC last reload and try for a SB run so why wait?

themunn

Reaction score
knownone":jesaveyi said:
It doesn't make any sense to trade away Clark and trade for Clowney in the same off season.

The article says they wouldn't consider anything less than a 2nd round pick. If that was all that it took, we could send the 2nd round pick we received from KC for Clark (bearing in mind that said trade also netted a 1st round pick) and end up with a better player (potentially for less money?) which all in would be an amazing piece of business.

McGruff

Reaction score
themunn":15kldryj said:
knownone":15kldryj said:
It doesn't make any sense to trade away Clark and trade for Clowney in the same off season.

The article says they wouldn't consider anything less than a 2nd round pick. If that was all that it took, we could send the 2nd round pick we received from KC for Clark (bearing in mind that said trade also netted a 1st round pick) and end up with a better player (potentially for less money?) which all in would be an amazing piece of business.

Except Clowney isnt better.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
McGruff":4kp0db1s said:
themunn":4kp0db1s said:
knownone":4kp0db1s said:

Except Clowney isnt better.

Better run stuffer, better TFL defender by far then clark.

Clark was better at sacks. So you are right if you only consider sacks the only stat.

McGruff

Reaction score
I'm not relying on any stats. I'm relying on my little eye.

Playing in very different schemes with very different roles, stats of any kind can be deceiving.

Clark himself was a plus run defender IMO. The way our line is coached to play with discipline and gap integrity, I would not expect Frank to have a ton of splash plays in run defense.