Dak MVP, in what universe?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I just don't see how Jackson is better, his numbers are not close to Wilson's and frankly , he has a way better overall team and much weaker conference .

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
DAL has the worst record so far of all NFL teams projected in playoffs including the WC. The Steelers, Colts, Raiders, Titans and even Rams are now also 6-5. DAL has a cake schedule, but DAL lost to the Jets.

QBs with that kind of record don't deserve to be in the MVP conversation any more than the Raiders' Derek Carr does--even though Carr consistently grades high on PFF (but also lost to the Jets). And I don't believe the "media coverage for $" argument. If there was validity in that, they'd be stanning the Rams/Chargers given the LA share or Steelers or Packers since those fans are everywhere. It's like this 1992 formula they have that no one now cares abo ut.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1ufxzvxv said:
DAL has the worst record so far of all NFL teams projected in playoffs including the WC. The Steelers, Colts, Raiders, Titans and even Rams are now also 6-5. DAL has a cake schedule, but DAL lost to the Jets.

QBs with that kind of record don't deserve to be in the MVP conversation any more than the Raiders' Derek Carr does--even though Carr consistently grades high on PFF (but also lost to the Jets). And I don't believe the "media coverage for $" argument. If there was validity in that, they'd be stanning the Rams/Chargers given the LA share or Steelers or Packers since those fans are everywhere. It's like this 1992 formula they have that no one now cares abo ut.
You know that could well be the case too. I hate to give HawkWeak fuel for his anti-boomer bullshit but at this point networks likely mostly being run by boomers and they grew up as Cowboy fans and they may still be prejudiced towards that team because of that. It's like you said they think it's 1992

That's been one of my pet theories about the endless slobbering over the Cowboys for a while. And sadly they pull the best ratings most of the time. The game against New England was the highest rated game this season. And again I think a lot of that comes from older people around my age who became fans in the 70s and 80s and carried into the 90s and are still trying to relive those Dallas glory days. Proud to say I never fell for the Dallas Cowboys BS even before there was a Seahawks

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ambrose83":3h1v3cpl said:
I just don't see how Jackson is better, his numbers are not close to Wilson's and frankly , he has a way better overall team and much weaker conference .

Not close? They're almost identical. Russ has more passing yards, but Jackson's got 600 more rushing yards.

Wilson:
• 2,937 passing yards
• 67.3 comp %
• 24 TDs
• 3 INTs
• 271 rushing yards
• 3 rushing TDs
• 9-2 record

Jackson:
• 2,427 passing yards
• 66.8 comp %
• 24 TDs
• 5 INTs
• 876 rushing yards
• 6 rushing TDs
• 9-2 record

I love me some Russell, but if I'm being honest watching Jackson is like watching Jordan or Lebron in their prime..........the dude's electric.

Not saying he's the clear MVP, but with Russell not playing all that well the past two weeks, I gotta give the nod to Lamar right now. Still five games to go, so we'll see. But if you're not giving Jackson any love, you need to take off your Hawk colored glasses. Dude's BALLIN' OUT, and in the MVP race, flashing in primetime games matters.

kobebryant

Reaction score
If I was ranking them right now:

1. Lamar
2. Russ
3. Watson
4. Michael Thomas
5. Bosa/Gilmore

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2al9vauk said:
SantaClaraHawk":2al9vauk said:

You know that could well be the case too. I hate to give HawkWeak fuel for his anti-boomer $h!t but at this point networks likely mostly being run by boomers and they grew up as Cowboy fans and they may still be prejudiced towards that team because of that. It's like you said they think it's 1992

That's been one of my pet theories about the endless slobbering over the Cowboys for a while. And sadly they pull the best ratings most of the time. The game against New England was the highest rated game this season. And again I think a lot of that comes from older people around my age who became fans in the 70s and 80s and carried into the 90s and are still trying to relive those Dallas glory days. Proud to say I never fell for the Dallas Cowboys BS even before there was a Seahawks

I only watched DAL/NE because that was the only game on for me, and because it was kind of a hate watch--probably like MOST fans in the NFL feel. There's this lingering curiosity of whether it's gonna be the Pats yet again in SB. There's some hope that Dallas will get knocked out of their weaksauce division. But people watching for reasons other than that...not even a Boomer thing. More like Boomer big-time sportsheads that won't shut up about it.

On FirstTake and Shannon/Skip, there's been at least an hour of segments devoted to "ooh, Jerrah said he needed improvement, does Jason Garrett deserve to be fired?" If you are not in the DAL/FTW area, you probably don't care anymore than you care about any other 6-5 coach being fired.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm right there with Largent. Russ is my favorite player, but as of right now, Jackson is in the lead. Dude is playing out of his mind on the best team in football.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":23xam3yi said:
hawksfansinceday1":23xam3yi said:
SantaClaraHawk":23xam3yi said:

You know that could well be the case too. I hate to give HawkWeak fuel for his anti-boomer $h!t but at this point networks likely mostly being run by boomers and they grew up as Cowboy fans and they may still be prejudiced towards that team because of that. It's like you said they think it's 1992

I only watched DAL/NE because that was the only game on for me..........
It was the only game on for the entire country. Again. is the Cowgirls love something along the lines of what I said or is it simply because they are crammed down everyone's throat at every turn? Oh and btw, **** the Cowgirls

James in PA

Reaction score
What?! The universe REVOLVES around Dak, Zeke, and Jerruh!

Sincerely,
ESPN Radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

knownone

Reaction score
Dak is in the conversation because he's leading, what is statistically, the best offense in football. Is he the most talented QB in the league? No, but neither is Lamar Jackson.

chris98251

Reaction score
Dallas has been marketed heavily and promoted almost from existence, Tex Schram and Gil Brandt along with having Dandy Don as their QB who was a flamboyant figure for that time started this whole thing.

Maulbert

Reaction score
chris98251":oj2wynjd said:
Dallas has been marketed heavily and promoted almost from existence, Tex Schram and Gil Brandt along with having Dandy Don as their QB who was a flamboyant figure for that time started this whole thing.

The funny thing is, Landry hated it. He was old-school. He even hated the nickname 'America's Team'.

Latest posts