Dan Quinn

hawksfansince90

Reaction score
Watching Brady getting destroyed by Cowboys defense. What a massive failure letting Dan Quinn go. Pete is such a fool (n) đź’© He should have been the one to replace Pete.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Dan Quinn left for an HC gig in Atlanta. He wasn't a terrible HC, but he wasn't great either. After Shanahan left his teams really struggled. Carroll had absolutely nothing to do with him leaving.

I would have loved for him to replace Ken Norton Jr. when he lost his job, but that wasn't ever going to happen. I don't think he'd come back here even if there was a vacancy after he got fired. He's got a pretty sweet gig in Dallas. From what I understand, McCarthy pretty much lets him be the defensive czar and do whatever he wants there. Don't think he would have had that kind of freedom here in Seattle.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Dan Quinn left for an HC gig in Atlanta. He wasn't a terrible HC, but he wasn't great either. After Shanahan left his teams really struggled. Carroll had absolutely nothing to do with him leaving.

I would have loved for him to replace Ken Norton Jr. when he lost his job, but that wasn't ever going to happen. I don't think he'd come back here even if there was a vacancy after he got fired. He's got a pretty sweet gig in Dallas. From what I understand, McCarthy pretty much lets him be the defensive czar and do whatever he wants there. Don't think he would have had that kind of freedom here in Seattle.
I honestly feel like thats why he left, and WHY he was never considered when he was available again. Pete got all the credit for LOB but, maybe it was Dan and he said "screw you" to PC about coming back. Because at this rate, between the LOB, Atlanta's stout Defense they had when Quinn was there and now the Cowboys... Meanwhile since Quinn's been gone out defense as done NOTHING but stutter and struggle... Since im an everyday joe, to me it add's up that Pc MIGHT not be the Defensive guru we all thought or he pretended to be, It was Quinn.

CPHawk

Reaction score

Should have brought him back as soon as he was let go from ATL though. None of the dc have been any good over that time.

Fade

Reaction score
Quinn changed. After his defense got figured out and he failed in ATL. One of the first things he put out there was he had to change his scheme because the old Pete Cover 3 didn't work anymore.

Quinn is such a good coach. I don't think people realize how damn good he is. He is going to do very well at his next stop.
I wish it was in Seattle.

Jville

Reaction score
I think a lot of Seahawk Fans admire how good Dan Quinn is at his craft ..... including Pete Carroll.

bileever

Reaction score
I honestly feel like thats why he left, and WHY he was never considered when he was available again. Pete got all the credit for LOB but, maybe it was Dan and he said "screw you" to PC about coming back. Because at this rate, between the LOB, Atlanta's stout Defense they had when Quinn was there and now the Cowboys... Meanwhile since Quinn's been gone out defense as done NOTHING but stutter and struggle... Since im an everyday joe, to me it add's up that Pc MIGHT not be the Defensive guru we all thought or he pretended to be, It was Quinn.
I respectfully disagree with this take. Dan Quinn was in Seattle for only a moment. He came in 2013 to replace Gus Bradley. He took over a defense that was already the NFL's top defense. Why would you think that Quinn was responsible for it? He had no hand in designing it or the personnel. He now presides over a Dallas defense that has some pretty good pieces. He may get another HC gig, and he might do okay, but he's no defensive genius.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I haven't been a Pete fan since he let Holmgren go.
I know this was said in jest, but every bit as viable as the other posts in here. Opinions by those who have no clue what goes on behind the scene. Speculation is fun but we must keep in mind they are just unknowledgeable opinions.

Mix

Reaction score
I know this was said in jest, but every bit as viable as the other posts in here. Opinions by those who have no clue what goes on behind the scene. Speculation is fun but we must keep in mind they are just unknowledgeable opinions.
Never claimed otherwise my friend.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Quinn definitely seems to have adapted and grown. Good for him. I'm sure he'll get another HC gig in next year or so, if he wants it.

JPatera76

Reaction score
I respectfully disagree with this take. Dan Quinn was in Seattle for only a moment. He came in 2013 to replace Gus Bradley. He took over a defense that was already the NFL's top defense. Why would you think that Quinn was responsible for it? He had no hand in designing it or the personnel. He now presides over a Dallas defense that has some pretty good pieces. He may get another HC gig, and he might do okay, but he's no defensive genius.
He was in Seattle from 09-10 and 13-14. And why would I think it? Oh, I don't know what Pete that has done screams he's a defensive guru.
PC Without the LoB the defenses been average at best to very well below average.
Quinn without the LoB Still had well above average Defenses. And being he was here from 09-10 I'm sure there was some hand in personnel. Just like 13-14. Oh And he adapted the scheme with the cowboys. Look how they dismantled Brady.
The same Brady and team that embarrassingly dismantled PC's defense.

knownone

Reaction score
It's worth noting that the Cowboy's defense is loaded with talent. They are a good blueprint for what Seattle could be next season if they hit on one or two guys in the draft and free agency.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
He was in Seattle from 09-10 and 13-14. And why would I think it? Oh, I don't know what Pete that has done screams he's a defensive guru.
PC Without the LoB the defenses been average at best to very well below average.
Quinn without the LoB Still had well above average Defenses. And being he was here from 09-10 I'm sure there was some hand in personnel. Just like 13-14. Oh And he adapted the scheme with the cowboys. Look how they dismantled Brady.
The same Brady and team that embarrassingly dismantled PC's defense.
Quinn doesn't really run the same stuff he did with Seattle. He was in Atlanta but he's since moved on from Carroll's system. It's not really even in the same realm anymore.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It's worth noting that the Cowboy's defense is loaded with talent. They are a good blueprint for what Seattle could be next season if they hit on one or two guys in the draft and free agency.
That's what we've been saying for years. Never going to happen if we keep hiring people like Ken Norton Jr and Hurtt. Running 2-4-5 (two lineman) when people are coming at you with a run heavy formation is dumb. Especially when your linebacker are clearly a weak part of the team. I saw some stupid situational football from Clint Hurtt.