Quinn Ewers

Lennie

Reaction score
4 Seattle (v/WAS) — Quinn Ewers (QB, Texas)
The Seahawks give up a package of picks to move up 11 spots. Ewers’ natural talent, easy arm strength and massive potential will have him go far earlier than many are projecting. He’s not the finished article yet but when he gets there, the ceiling is limitless. If Texas wins the National Championship, there’s little reason not to declare.

Staton having us trading up for Quinn Ewers. What do you think?

s

CactusJack

Reaction score
4 Seattle (v/WAS) — Quinn Ewers (QB, Texas)
The Seahawks give up a package of picks to move up 11 spots. Ewers’ natural talent, easy arm strength and massive potential will have him go far earlier than many are projecting. He’s not the finished article yet but when he gets there, the ceiling is limitless. If Texas wins the National Championship, there’s little reason not to declare.

Staton having us trading up for Quinn Ewers. What do you think?

s
Does Staton really have him mocked that high?

I have my doubts that Ewers will actually end up declaring for the draft.

No, I wouldn't touch him. Definitely not in the 1st round.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Rob has been more right than most over the years in regards to draft stuff. I know he can be a little hard to deal with at times but he's pretty good at what he does.

I love Ewers. It's a little risky because his path hasn't been what many thought it would be but he's ultra talented. I think he goes back a year though because with a monster year he could move way up boards.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Rob has been more right than most over the years in regards to draft stuff. I know he can be a little hard to deal with at times but he's pretty good at what he does.
I've noticed that you go out of your way to defend the guy, but he's a prick. Let's just be honest.

I don't read or follow his blog nowadays. So I don't really care what he has to say for the most part.

I'll admit that he does his homework on prospects. But he hasn't always had the most accurate predictions when it comes to the draft. I know for a fact that he was super high on Will Levis & was pushing that narrative. But for the most part I try to avoid his analysis. Simply because I don't respect him as a person.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
I've noticed that you go out of your way to defend the guy, but he's a prick. Let's just be honest.

I don't read or follow his blog nowadays. So I don't really care what he has to say for the most part.

I'll admit that he does his homework on prospects. But he hasn't always had the most accurate predictions when it comes to the draft. I know for a fact that he was super high on Will Levis & was pushing that narrative. But for the most part I try to avoid his analysis. Simply because I don't respect him as a person.
I can only judge how's he's been to me and I'm not going to shit on him because others do.

Levis has looked very good in spots and flashed some potential, so lets how it plays out. He was also high in CJ and Richardson and had Young as his #4.

But im not telling you your opinion is wrong and you probably have valid reasons for them, that's just why I do defend him, he's been good to me privately(that sounds terrible)

CactusJack

Reaction score
I can only judge how's he's been to me and I'm not going to shit on him because others do.

Levis has looked very good in spots and flashed some potential, so lets how it plays out. He was also high in CJ and Richardson and had Young as his #4.

But im not telling you your opinion is wrong and you probably have valid reasons for them, that's just why I do defend him, he's been good to me privately(that sounds terrible)
That's fine. Some folks like yourself haven't clashed with him. But I know I'm not the first person who has. Fwiw, I've also read a ton of complaints online about him. People sharing similar experiences.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
Is it official? That’s a bummer of true

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Young may still turn out to be really good. He's playing for a dumpster fire and is still not terrible when you compare him to other greats and their rookie years. Give the kid some time and lets see what he does.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I also think that is likely.

Rob Staton does do a lot of quality work on the draft, even though I have been frustrated in debating him and then being shut down. He is still a high end resource for Seahawks fans and draftniks.
He has almost 10,000 posts here from the old days.

If you're interested.

QWERTY

Reaction score
So Manning isn't going to play next season as well?

SeaMeat

Reaction score
As a UT fan, It has been mentioned more than once about Ewers returning to Texas next year. I feel returning would be for the best for him. He needs a bit more work (but not much), and his shoulder injuries concern me. He also has had an incredible corp of RB's to help him (Robinson and Johnson last year, Brooks-Baxter and Blue this year).

I am curious if the Longhorns do win the Championship game, if Ewers would change his mind about the draft.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Is it official? That’s a bummer of true
There was a lot of discussion with Arch Manning about if he would transfer from Texas which turned into what Ewers was going to do. Ewers was a sophomore this season I would be completely shocked if he entered the draft