Defense Showed Up

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Polk738":2zxj2m07 said:
6 sacks, 6 TFLs 1 INT, 221 pass yards which a good portion of that came in garbage time on the final drive, I don't think the Eagles had a first down until their 6th possession. Miles Sanders was averaging over 5 YPC coming into the game. Defense held him to 2.5 YPC
8)

-Having Shaq Griffin back was huge, he played a damn good game

-Adams played great but he is not as good in coverage as he thinks he is, I feel like he is still free lancing too much and giving up his coverages IE the missed tackle on Goeddert up the seam.

Reed was a monster tonight, it's amazing how much better he plays with a good EDGE on the team

Should be some great defensive highlights for Top Billin' for sure ;)

. Not bad for the worst defense in the league ..........I would say, not bad for the worst D (some say) in league "HISTORY"

Chapow

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1x3p7wui said:
SonicHawk":1x3p7wui said:
niveky":1x3p7wui said:
like i mentioned in another thread...the eagles defense came to play...wentz was not AS terrible as he has been. He made some key runs, got a couple of nice drives out of his offense. They had a lot to play for too.

Good point on Wentz. He was surprisingly smart with the ball. Outside of him and his WRs not being on the page, they had some good designed QB draws and plays but the defense was able to stay in front, make the tackle and keep any gains at a minimum.
Wentz did not look "good", you're fooling yourselves if you think otherwise. Even when he had time he had a hard time throwing an accurate pass. He had a few nice scrambles, but he definitely was doing us a favor out there.

Nobody said Wentz looked good. I believe the comment was "Wentz was not as terrible as he has been". Not exactly high praise.

LTH

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but that is the first time I've seen Seattle man up almost the whole game... They scared the crap out of me LMAO!!!!!!! Oh man...

LTH

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Chapow":g6gs7odt said:
TypeSly":g6gs7odt said:
Chapow":g6gs7odt said:
cymatica":g6gs7odt said:
They looked great, just need to finish.

Define "need to finish". They gave up a total of 17 points and we won the game.

I agree with tthe OP. They need to finish off these games, and not let weak teams back into the game when they have them down. Our prevent defence seems to let teams back in every time.

Fair enough. I'm just not sure that giving up a TD on a miraculous one handed catch on a hail mary with 12 seconds remaining in the game is some sort of indictment of the defense. That is one of the luckiest, flukiest TDs you will ever see in the NFL.

I've disagreed with most of the "garbage time points/yards" statements made earlier in the year where Wilson had to go back and score more TDs to offset the defense just letting opposing offenses (any of them) rip right down and score. Those weren't really "garbage time", because mostly those teams were in striking distance because of them and then Wilson saved it by responding. They were shootouts.

This TD at the end of the game was absolutely garbage. I've been pretty down on this defense all season; the last game was okay but this game was pretty good. They really only gave up nine points. Yeah, it was the Eagles. But short of a couple stands and some opportune turnovers this defense struggled to stop any team from scoring late in the game at all this season. When the other team got the ball back, you knew they were going to score. You know Mullens was gonna throw a couple TDs in the fourth quarter of the 49ers game.

Pretty much any other team could hold a team to less than 20 points at some point this season, and good teams could keep the flurry from happening most games from a team with a lesser offense. The Seahawks FINALLY did that in this game.

This was really one of their best games of the season. The offense messed some stuff up, but as a team they were just in control of it the whole way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
They flat out dominated that game, period. Couldn't care less about the final score and/or that fluke last play. Meh

diver110

Reaction score
Chapow":14ugjr4e said:
mistaowen":14ugjr4e said:
Carlos Dunlap is a savior for a defense that requires a competent LEO for things to work. Hope they can lock him up for a few years.

Overall they played well even if as you said Eagles are a bad team. Coverage was good, pressure was good, run D overall pretty solid. Adams continues to make some splash plays. They simply need to be average the rest of the way and this is a legit contender.

Offense was bad. Slow, boring, predictable. DK won the game really, winning the 1 on 1's all night. Let's hope Carson can heal up cause he clearly wasn't ready to go fully tonight.

Interestingly, if DK hadn't dropped that TD pass, and the final score was 30 instead of 23, we'd all probably be feeling a little better about their offensive performance tonight.

And yes, other than that drop, DK was a monster out there tonight.

That is the one issue with Metcalf. He has quite a few drops, along with quite a few amazing catches. I assume it is a experience/maturation thing.

diver110

Reaction score
To me the jury is still out on our defense. Yes, the last game was better, but against a struggling QB. Adams and Dunlap have proved they are worth every penny. But to me it is an open question of whether the defense can play with the big boys.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, the final 7 drives for the Rams netted them 6 total points. I think that means something, in fact it means a lot. And they were damn good against the Cards. Plus, they held Kyler to 15 yards rushing. One of the best offenses in football, held them down. And I don't care if it was the Eagles, or any other team. They had 5 straight 3 and outs to start the game. That's impressive. When the Hawks went up 14 zip, the Eagles had -6 yards total.
At some point, it IS really good defense.
NWBS is so strong on here, wow.

Latest posts