Details on the Russell's failed trade to Chicago.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
chris98251":1wbhwejq said:
hawkfan68":1wbhwejq said:
toffee":1wbhwejq said:
hawkfan68":1wbhwejq said:
I understand where you are coming from. If this had any ounce of trustworthiness, you would see folks from the national media all over it. Guys like Adam Schefter, Ian Rappaport, Jay Glazer, etc. Nothing about it from them. Heck even a Seattle based reporter like John Clayton or Brady Henderson would have some type of info collaborating this. None.
Russell Wilson is a hot topic for media when discussing the Seahawks. Yet this news is relatively quiet.
Only the links you provided are from Chicago based sources. That's why I'm questioning the credibility of the sources.

I questioned the credibility of that report too, especially the part John presented it to Jody before Pete. Sounded too incredible. I don't doubt Russell was willing to join the Bears, it was on his list of four teams.

Here's some information I found from an article, dated April 28 2021, regarding the failed RW trade with the Bears. This is a quote specifically from John Schneider regarding the RW trade rumors -
"There was a number of teams that called after that media blitz that happened," Schneider said. "But no, I never actively negotiated with anybody and with any team. Did people call? Absolutely."

Obviously John S didn't sign off on the trade like you have been claiming he did. If John didn't sign off, I'm pretty certain the ownership wouldn't have either.

Here's the full article - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ce-russell-wilson-actively-engage-trade-talks

Do you know what damage control is? John had to walk back on this because he didn't want to have a rift with Wilson that they were going to unload him.

Active negotiation or not, I am resigning to having Russ in 2022. If the response was underwhelming or lukewarm in 2021 after Russ showcased how potent an offense could be when he was cooking. The market response could be close to cold this off season, it wouldn't matter how actively John try to market Russ, we couldn't get value for Wilson. Pete blew it by rejecting trade offers, that is number one reason why he ought to be fired.

John63

Reaction score
toffee":kfiqvs2s said:
chris98251":kfiqvs2s said:
hawkfan68":kfiqvs2s said:
toffee":kfiqvs2s said:
I questioned the credibility of that report too, especially the part John presented it to Jody before Pete. Sounded too incredible. I don't doubt Russell was willing to join the Bears, it was on his list of four teams.

Here's some information I found from an article, dated April 28 2021, regarding the failed RW trade with the Bears. This is a quote specifically from John Schneider regarding the RW trade rumors -
"There was a number of teams that called after that media blitz that happened," Schneider said. "But no, I never actively negotiated with anybody and with any team. Did people call? Absolutely."

Obviously John S didn't sign off on the trade like you have been claiming he did. If John didn't sign off, I'm pretty certain the ownership wouldn't have either.

Here's the full article - https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ce-russell-wilson-actively-engage-trade-talks

Do you know what damage control is? John had to walk back on this because he didn't want to have a rift with Wilson that they were going to unload him.

Active negotiation or not, I am resigning to having Russ in 2022. If the response was underwhelming or lukewarm in 2021 after Russ showcased how potent an offense could be when he was cooking. The market response could be close to cold this off season, it wouldn't matter how actively John try to market Russ, we couldn't get value for Wilson. Pete blew it by rejecting trade offers, that is number one reason why he ought to be fired.

So basically your ignoring the facts and going with conspiracies. Got it.

Latest posts