Detroit and Thanksgiving

morgulon1

Reaction score
Ive always had a fascination with the Lions. They had some great players over the years and were a powerhouse in the fifties I believe.
Yet they always have a thin layer of suckiness about them , I can't explain it.
They're like the Cleveland Browns of the NFC.
They lost today to a better team in Buffalo. Bad time management was the difference. Detroit seems like they should have a better record , they scrap but it's
The little things that separate a .500 team from a playoff team.

Last edited:

BamKam

Reaction score
All I took away from that game is that I grow more and more confident in my stance that Josh Allen is one of the most overrated QBs of the past decade.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
All I took away from that game is that I grow more and more confident in my stance that Josh Allen is one of the most overrated QBs of the past decade.
Really? What or how to did come to that conclusion? I'm not trying to say your take away isn't valid .
I thought he played pretty well, led a couple of last minute drives to put them in a great spot to win. He also appears to be one of the dudes , not some fake ass fat zit- midget trying to pump up teammates sounding fake azz with people rolling their eyes or just ignore all together.

BamKam

Reaction score
Really? What or how to did come to that conclusion? I'm not trying to say your take away isn't valid .
I thought he played pretty well, led a couple of last minute drives to put them in a great spot to win. He also appears to be one of the dudes , not some fake ass fat zit- midget trying to pump up teammates sounding fake azz with people rolling their eyes or just ignore all together.
He usually plays half a good game and half a terrible one. Then he will string together a few good games in a row. He has turned the ball over more than any other QB in the league yet he’s put into the conversation with Patrick Mahomes in terms of QB tier when he’s actually closer to Dak Prescott.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
He usually plays half a good game and half a terrible one. Then he will string together a few good games in a row. He has turned the ball over more than any other QB in the league yet he’s put into the conversation with Patrick Mahomes in terms of QB tier when he’s actually closer to Dak Prescott.
I'm tracking what you're saying. Fair enough. It seems like the league and the networks anoint a handful of the new guys so they have a narrative to sell their watered down product. Just like a Dak Prescott . Not a bad player but not one of the greats of this time yet they're fitting him for a gold blazer every season.

FlyingGunHawk

Reaction score

I wouldn't say he's overrated, but I definitely believe he's going to have a shortened career by the way he plays the game. No disrespect to him. Once his legs are gone, and he can't outrun most players, It will be interesting to see if he's as good as everyone claims he is. Right now he just runs through everything.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
I wouldn't say he's overrated, but I definitely believe he's going to have a shortened career by the way he plays the game. No disrespect to him. Once his legs are gone, and he can't outrun most players, It will be interesting to see if he's as good as everyone claims he is. Right now he just runs through everything.
Sounds like a fake azz midget ...hmmmm

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
Instead of overrated I would say overworked. Allen is the one man show he is the passing and running game for the Bills. The Bills have to get a solid RB in the next draft or Allen will be done by the by the time he is 30 I use Cam Newton as an example

Threedee

Reaction score
Sure, the Lions aren't an exciting franchise, but, I think it's lame that the Cowgirls are allowed to cut in on the tradition every single year.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score
Sure, the Lions aren't an exciting franchise, but, I think it's lame that the Cowgirls are allowed to cut in on the tradition every single year.
Its because when nobody else wanted the Thanksgiving game, Dallas said yes on the condition they had until they no longer wanted it.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Ive always had a fascination with the Lions. They had some great players over the years and were a powerhouse in the fifties I believe.
Yet they always have a thin layer of suckiness about them , I can't explain it.
They're like the Cleveland Browns of the NFC.
They lost today to a better team in Buffalo. Bad time management was the difference. Detroit seems like they should have a better record , they scrap but it's
The little things that separate a .500 team from a playoff team.
We call it the Ford curse out here in Michigan. They bought the franchise shortly after their back to back NFL championships. If the Fords sell, they will have a chance but that will never happen in my lifetime.

OP
OP
morgulon1

morgulon1

Reaction score
We call it the Ford curse out here in Michigan. They bought the franchise shortly after their back to back NFL championships. If the Fords sell, they will have a chance but that will never happen in my lifetime.
Up until very recently the same thing with the Mariners.

Latest posts