When the Seahawks are eliminated...

rjdriver

Reaction score
...do you automatically root for teams that have never won a SB??

Because, after the elation of winning SB48, I typically do.

This may speak to the shallowness of my character, but it was one of the most memorable and enjoyable days of my life. I fully accept that there are fans of other teams that love and follow their squad as much as I do the Seahawks. There is a certain satisfaction, if it's not us, in knowing that a different version of me is having their own, long awaited, Feb 2 , 2014.

Here is a list of teams that have never won a SB.
Does anyone else root for any of these teams when the Hawks are out, or do you prefer to keep the winners club as exclusive as possible? I'm genuinely curious who and why, so please discuss.
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

Last edited by a moderator:

morgulon1

Reaction score
Never could I cheer for SF or LA. I kind of wanted Arizona to beat Pittsburgh.

Having said this , I normally want the NFC team to win unless ( see above)

I think it's about half rigged . An NFL officiating crew can't be that incompetent.

Hawkmode

Reaction score
If I'm being honest...no...like DK who only talks Seahawks when asked an opinion on other teams. I kinda hibernate...until times like now!

OP
OP
rjdriver

rjdriver

Reaction score
Never could I cheer for SF or LA. I kind of wanted Arizona to beat Pittsburgh.

Having said this , I normally want the NFC team to win unless ( see above)

I think it's about half rigged . An NFL officiating crew can't be that incompetent.
Me either (SF or LA).

Those teams have won multiples though. The only first time winner I was reticent about seeing was the Eagles do to the douchery of their fanbase. I didn't root for Carolina either, because I loathed Cam.

bileever

Reaction score
The teams I root for (other than the Seahawks) changes from year to year, depending on the players, the coaches and what else is going on in the league. Yes, it's been a long wait for some fans, but there's also something spectacular about long-term failure. I personally wish the Red Sox and the Cubs had their droughts continue. There was a kind of beauty in the suffering of the Cubs fan, which is gone now.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Me either (SF or LA).

Those teams have won multiples though. The only first time winner I was reticent about seeing was the Eagles do to the douchery of their fanbase. I didn't root for Carolina either, because I loathed Cam.
Out of the teams listed , is like to see Buffalo or Cincinnati and Detroit win one.

Torc

Reaction score
I tend to pick a team every year with some sort of Seahawk connection to root for, started that all the way back when David Krieg went to the Lions. I followed Randy Mueller when he went to GM the Saints. I followed Kitna through the Bengals and Lions (but couldn't root for the Cowboys just because he was a backup). More recently I've kept track of Dan Quinn with the Falcons and Cowboys. Yes, I shudder to admit it, I root for the Cowboys defense. Just the defense though. 🤪

If the Seahawks are out of the playoffs, and so is my secondary team, then sure, I'll be mildly interested in a first time Super Bowl winner.

rcaido

Reaction score
i usually turn it off. I root against teams but i dont usually root for other teams unless it has Seahawks implications.

I dont even watch the Super Bowl. I only watch this year because my bro doesn't have cable and brought pizza. It was a great game ruined by awful calls at the end.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well I don't watch most other major sports so since the NFL is my favorite sport, I always find teams to root for once the Seahawks have been eliminated, BUT, there are just some teams I will NEVER root for (Cowboys, Packers, Stealers to name a couple) no matter what. I've always rooted for the underdog and that's my general formula, once again if the Seahawks are eliminated or said team doesn't affect the Seahawks in any way.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Well I don't watch most other major sports so since the NFL is my favorite sport, I always find teams to root for once the Seahawks have been eliminated, BUT, there are just some teams I will NEVER root for (Cowboys, Packers, Stealers to name a couple) no matter what. I've always rooted for the underdog and that's my general formula, once again if the Seahawks are eliminated or said team doesn't affect the Seahawks in any way.
Your 3 "NEVER" teams should be never teams for everyone.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
Who I root for dpends on what I think of the franchise as a whole, some things are transitary some permanent. For example I had a certain amount of sympathy for the Browns when they kept swinging and missing for a QB but rewarding Watson with a guaranteed $230m when a team with an ounce of morals wouldn't touch him with a barge pole has put them on my NEVER list. I won my fantasy league in 2020 a lot being due to drafting Josh Allan in something like round 11 so I have a soft spot for him making the Bills my 2nd favorite team overall atm (I already had a soft spot for them afterthey made 4 superbowls on the trot but lost them all).

CouchLogic

Reaction score
No, I don't give a crap about other teams, I hope they all lose. Couldn't even name players off any of those teams, outside marquee players.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Who I root for dpends on what I think of the franchise as a whole, some things are transitary some permanent. For example I had a certain amount of sympathy for the Browns when they kept swinging and missing for a QB but rewarding Watson with a guaranteed $230m when a team with an ounce of morals wouldn't touch him with a barge pole has put them on my NEVER list. I won my fantasy league in 2020 a lot being due to drafting Josh Allan in something like round 11 so I have a soft spot for him making the Bills my 2nd favorite team overall atm (I already had a soft spot for them afterthey made 4 superbowls on the trot but lost them all).
Great point.

What sympathy I might've had for the Browns vanished when they paid a guaranteed 230MM contract to a serial sexual offender ( allegedly) .

I think Detroit is my 'favorite" secret team that I pull for. I always have.
They swing and miss on picks more than Lynch with Trey Lance. 😂

NoGain

Reaction score
No, I don't automatically root for teams that have never won a SB when the Hawks are eliminated. I wanted the Chiefs to win last year when the Hawks were eliminated, though I would have been fine with a couple of other teams. I like Mahomes, Andy Reid, the franchise a little more than others.

There were definitely teams I've rooted against, not that it mattered, over the last few decades, like the Cowboys and Patriots.

Of the teams on the never-won-it list, I'd probably be most down with rooting for the Lions or Bills at this point.

Sometimes I don't have much of a good reason why I root for a certain team in a game the Hawks aren't playing in.

Last edited:

RedAlice

Reaction score
...do you automatically root for teams that have never won a SB??

Because, after the elation of winning SB48, I typically do.

This may speak to the shallowness of my character, but it was one of the most memorable and enjoyable days of my life. I fully accept that there are fans of other teams that love and follow their squad as much as I do the Seahawks. There is a certain satisfaction, if it's not us, in knowing that a different version of me is having their own, long awaited, Feb 2 , 2014.

Here is a list of teams that have never won a SB.
Does anyone else root for any of these teams when the Hawks are out, or do you prefer to keep the winners club as exclusive as possible? I'm genuinely curious who and why, so please discuss.
  • Minnesota Vikings
  • Buffalo Bills
  • Cincinnati Bengals
  • Carolina Panthers
  • Atlanta Falcons
  • Los Angeles Chargers
  • Tennessee Titans
  • Arizona Cardinals
  • Cleveland Browns
  • Detroit Lions
  • Houston Texans
  • Jacksonville Jaguars

I will root for AZ.

And Detroit now that Goff is there.

No one else on the list.

ETA: ok, Bills too. Really good fans.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Me either (SF or LA).

The LA Chargers are the only LA team on the list. They haven’t won anything.

James in PA

Reaction score
Sadly, there's almost always a team I strongly dislike in the SB or at least in a conference championship game. So, I find myself rooting against teams. For example, I don't care for KC, but you couldn't find a bigger Chiefs fan than me when they were playing SF and later Philly in the SB.