Different year same issues

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
This game has me feeling down. More than usual after a loss. You can just tell a lot of the problems we saw today are going to be an issue throughout the season. Pete just cannot fix this defense.
Me too. I gotta say - the offseason seemed like they nailed it.

Without exception, every single player that I wanted to see 'anything' out of Sunday was a no show.

Getting a "Deja Vu All Over Again Feeling" about this season.

I'm 2X as bummed this year about this - again, because the offseason had SO MUCH promise.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
It's one game, not even close to giving up. However, after what I saw yesterday? Confidence is low. Shock us on Sunday and play your a**es off.
Overreaction? Probably, but..........Detroit looks miles ahead of the Hawks right now.
It’s not one game. It’s 5+ years of the same defensive kind of issues. Yes the office was definitely lackluster in a big way yesterday but it’s the defense that has consistently been a nightmare.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
It's Game 1.

With shortened pre-seasons this happens every year.

Last year the Bears beat the Chiefs in the opening game.

The Bears then went 2-14 over their subsequent 16 games while the Chiefs went 17-2 over their subsequent 19.
The Seahawks are now 2-8 over their last 10 games, including the playoffs. These trends are the same things we saw last season.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Yeah, I know but some years he’s been able to fix the defense in season.

I’m not sure how involved he is in the calls and game plan. I think he gets more involved when things go off the rails.
He has made it look slightly better, he has not fixed it. Fixing it would require innovation and I don't think pete had innovation left in him.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
The Seahawks are now 2-8 over their last 10 games, including the playoffs. These trends are the same things we saw last season.
The trends go back at least 7 years. These aren't knee jerk reactions based on one game, people have more than enough evidence of the patterns to base their opinions on. Calling it knee jerk is just a way to dismiss without consideration.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
And now we get to play Detroit. In their home opener. Coming off a win at KC. Joy
I'm scared they don't mess around I don't understand why Pete totally abandoned his core values of heing the team that beats people up and having a defense that dictates what the opponent's offense can do?

Dvl Dug

Reaction score
I'm not calling for anybody's job at this point. I do understand the frustration though. Looking through Dvl Dug colored lenses, I see this transformation from the 4-3 to the 3-4 as being a complete disaster. The question of the day seems to be, why?

Rapid points to be made:
1 - Once again it was roughly 40 minutes of ball control to the other team. Only 20 minutes for the Hawks.
2 - There are good 4-3 Defensive Tackles either out there, or let go. No real Nose Tackle acquired, and this is year two.
3 - Stafford consistently had 3-5 seconds to throw the ball. I call 3 seconds a win.

Obviously, 3 down linemen and half a linebacker aren't enough to get to the other team's quarterback inside of a competitive amount of time. That, or this team has drafted the wrong people to do it.

JustTheTip

Reaction score
I'm scared they don't mess around I don't understand why Pete totally abandoned his core values of heing the team that beats people up and having a defense that dictates what the opponent's offense can do?
Once your scheme gets figured out you have to innovate. Pete had been unable to change in a way that surprises anybody and also maintains too much of what has been figured out in what he does even when he does make changes.

94Smith

Reaction score
It's Game 1.

With shortened pre-seasons this happens every year.

Last year the Bears beat the Chiefs in the opening game.

The Bears then went 2-14 over their subsequent 16 games while the Chiefs went 17-2 over their subsequent 19.
Bears beat the 49ers. But yes, don’t judge the whole season by week one . Or even week 5 for that matter