DK - just saying.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
ONLY if a very good offer came in. Trading him just for the sake of trading him? No thanks. I'm good with him here. Tantrums or not.
People are still making this guy look WAY worse than he actually is. And that's fine, all a matter of opinion.
I think the Seahawks should think about it if they have faith in JSN. While DK is a decent receiver, he has stopped developing as a player long ago. He’s hit a huge plateau. When I see DK play I don’t see a dominant player, yet he’s being paid as such.

He’s a massive receiver yet he plays much smaller than his frame. I’ve rarely seen him high point a jump ball. Even the rookie Bobo looks to have more control of his body in that regard.

DK excels at slants, corners and go routes due to his speed, but anything else is pushing it. His routes are very lazy.

Let me say this again, DK is a good player but he isn’t a top tier WR, far from it. There is either a disconnect with the way we are using him or a disconnect with Geno here.

Jville

Reaction score
I think the Seahawks should think about it if they have faith in JSN. While DK is a decent receiver, he has stopped developing as a player long ago. He’s hit a huge plateau. When I see DK play I don’t see a dominant player, yet he’s being paid as such.

He’s a massive receiver yet he plays much smaller than his frame. I’ve rarely seen him high point a jump ball. Even the rookie Bobo looks to have more control of his body in that regard.

DK excels at slants, corners and go routes due to his speed, but anything else is pushing it. His routes are very lazy.

Let me say this again, DK is a good player but he isn’t a top tier WR, far from it. There is either a disconnect with the way we are using him or a disconnect with Geno here.

I see a big difference in foot work and body control between Dk and Bobo. DK could learn a lot from Bobo. In the meantime, DK does draw a lot of double teams that help help other receivers. But, he does need to run his routes with precision and good effort even when he is not the 1st target of Geno's progression ------ like Bobo and Tyler.

Xxx

Reaction score
I see a big difference in foot work and body control between Dk and Bobo. DK could learn a lot from Bobo. In the meantime, DK does draw a lot of double teams that help help other receivers. But, he does need to run his routes with precision and good effort even when he is not the 1st target of Geno's progression ------ like Bobo and Tyler.
Do you think that the receivers don’t believe they’re getting the ball if they aren’t the first option cause of how Geno plays qb?

Jville

Reaction score
Do you think that the receivers don’t believe they’re getting the ball if they aren’t the first option cause of how Geno plays qb?

No. Doesn't matter who is playing quarterback. They all have to execute their assignments.

evergreen

Reaction score
DK has had such huge potential. But we're half way through the book and it still hasn't happened. After a while (soon) potential is just what you are. He's not dominating as much as his potential would indicate. He is what he is. In our system he'll get his 1000 yards, but no 1600 yard seasons. Plus he's not the contested catch machine he could be with that freakish physic. He could return a huge ransom though during the off season!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
What about Bobby? They tried replacing him, we all saw. Brooks is good but… Bobby
As much as I like Bobby and what he brings, he’s replaceable too. Every player on the team is. Finding their replacement is difficult so trading them is not something that should be considered lightly. Seahawks have experienced this many times over the years. The Max Unger trade is a prime example of what not to give up without an adequate replacement.

Last edited:

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Middle linebacker is a much different position and Bobby excels for different reasons.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Didn't watch the game, but that's telling. Yeah, odds are if he's acting like that on the sideline he wasn't being punished.
He was also spending some time on the sideline with that little kid that raised the flag. Cant be that bad a guy! And it actually looked like time spent because he wanted to - not forced for the sake of image.

I get the frustration - but we are still better off with him than without.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He was also spending some time on the sideline with that little kid that raised the flag. Cant be that bad a guy! And it actually looked like time spent because he wanted to - not forced for the sake of image.

I get the frustration - but we are still better off with him than without.
Yeah, DK is a legit good guy. Something that some people seem to be ignoring, imo.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
ALWAYS.

Also, DK and Evan Brown were both back at practice today. Excellent. Sounds like Abe Lucas out yet another week.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
The truth about DK is somewhere in the middle. He has issues, probably not quite as bad as we may think. He is a great WR, but maybe not quite as great as we think.

The only reason I'm okay with trading him is:

1. See what we can get for him. Odds are, probably not what he's worth, though. But if it's something that can fill a team need, of really high draft picks, and somehow it's worth it despite the dead cap space, then do it.

2. WR is not a difficult position to find talent like say pass rushers. And we seem to have drafted a couple of guys who are good enough to be starters alongside Lockette. If we get rid of DK, we will need to get another WR somewhere.

3. It would be nice to have a third reason here to make me seem like I'm an intelligent football analyst. But I'm not. So there isn't.

I think we aren't going to trade him, and I have no problem with that. He can contribute. I just hope he cleans up his penalties. I don't know why, but him shoving over that defender well after the whistle against the Bengals really didn't sit well with me. It was nothing like Giacomini who often got called for retaliating in situation that should have been offsetting penalties, but the refs only saw the retaliation. The DK penalty, the Bengal DB was just walking away from him after the whistle and DK shoved him. That's completely selfish, but I'll assume he isn't ever going to do anything like that again.

OP
OP
CalgaryFan05

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
once again.. another dk thread... about the same time thing speculating the same thing. How many more DK threads will there be, that's either shitting on him, or wishing/wanting to trade him will there be? Because I'll just keep merging the same shit threads into 1 shit thread. Ya'll have some kind of obsessive levels dislike for him like some have for Russell try to spend the time and energy rooting for someone you do like rather than against, wouldn't that be less exhausting.

Also... some of yall want to deflect and say "his attitude hurts the team" his "penalties hurt the team". Okay, didn't hear that about the LOB, about BB's physical playstyle and flags, or Shermans mouth. And those who did whine back then.. it wasn't so obsessed about.

So whats really wrong? Is he not getting the fantasy football points you were hoping for from him? lol.

i don't understand the ... literal obsession and energy spent hating ONE player, on a team of 52 other players.
Um.... I dunno - 'cause he keeps popping his head up as a non-compliant ass?

Just spitballing.

And, oh yea - his numbers are sucking since Russ left.

Soooooo.... those are a couple reasons - and they're not 'abject blind rage hatred'.

Just saying. I've said 20 times. I want him fixed. I think DK should be a GENERATIONAL receiver. With his frame, his strength and his speed - he should be literally the best receiver in the NFL for the past 4 years.

He's not. It's all mental. And it's not gonna get fixed at this point. If it was - PC would have had his head after flipping him off after the meeting. If he was an employee of mine - I would have stuck his head on a pike in the lobby as a cautionary tale to others. PC gave him a chance to save face - and he basically said "**** you".

Merge all the threads you want dude. Doesn't change the fact that he should be about 4 X better than he actually is, and that people are sick of the selfish attitude and penalties.

Fix him or cut him. That's always been my take. And it's not vengeful. It's next man up.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Um.... I dunno - 'cause he keeps popping his head up as a non-compliant ass?

Just spitballing.

And, oh yea - his numbers are sucking since Russ left.

Soooooo.... those are a couple reasons - and they're not 'abject blind rage hatred'.

Just saying. I've said 20 times. I want him fixed. I think DK should be a GENERATIONAL receiver. With his frame, his strength and his speed - he should be literally the best receiver in the NFL for the past 4 years.

He's not. It's all mental. And it's not gonna get fixed at this point. If it was - PC would have had his head after flipping him off after the meeting. If he was an employee of mine - I would have stuck his head on a pike in the lobby as a cautionary tale to others. PC gave him a chance to save face - and he basically said "**** you".

Merge all the threads you want dude. Doesn't change the fact that he should be about 4 X better than he actually is, and that people are sick of the selfish attitude and penalties.

Fix him or cut him. That's always been my take. And it's not vengeful. It's next man up.
As long as you and everyone who seems hell bent on creating a thread on the same stuff being discussed non stop with the same player, I will keep merging them.

What you also state or claim “as fact” is an opinion, nothing more. ✌️