DK Postgame

GemCity

Reaction score
Some of you want to trade him? I’d entertain two firsts for every player on this team with the exception of Spoon.

Let’s appreciate our incredibly talented, passionate team leader. Yes, the penalties are asinine at times. But, there’s so many things he does…the double coverage he commands…the blocks….

He deserves more targets…as does JSN.

I hope he is a Seahawk his entire career.
Postgame - DK

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I love DK, man!

As a life long Seattle resident and 12, I’ve waited the entire franchise to get a physically imposing receiver with elite athletic traits that can just dominate a game!

I love me some Steve Largent, and I think Largent is the greatest of all time even better than Rice, just cause all he’s had to endure and overcome and still made defenses look foolish.

But, DK, has all the physical traits and with a matching system, the guy can do great things for this franchise.

Sure, DK, might get some penalties and what not but he makes up for all his penalties by playing with fire and heart what seemed to lack a lot this year. He always competes at 100.00% and is a matchup nightmare for any corner and safety duo.

DK took over that final drive and he needs to see the ball during clutch times, the guy is a monster cover, and one on ones, I’m throwing it to DK and giving DK the chance to get up and make the catch! (Ironic, we haven’t seen DK, making contested jump ball catches a lot).

If DK adds that feature to his game, the guy is unstoppable!

I love me some DK!!!!

Let’s gooooo!!!!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Only a Maddenesque thinker should want to trade DK. He is becoming one of those guys who shows the fight and determination needed to get to a W. I'm sure he was chastened by his ejection from the 9ers game though there were 9ers who deserved the same fate. He undoubtedly was told by Pete he is more valuable to the team under control and on the field. This was a 2nd rd pick that has become one of the strongest WRs in the NFL. He is just starting to become a game changer. Trade for what a bag of magic beans, or some draft picks for an unknown quantity who could turn out like Eskridge?

Those advocating for his trade are pretty silent now after watching him take control of the end of the Eagles game and making those two great game changing catches. Watching his fist pump when JSN scored was a happy indicator he is a huge team guy and not just a me guy.

I am a big fan of DK and love the fact he'll punch back when punched in the mouth, and that he won't let his smaller teammates get pushed around.

morgulon1

Reaction score
He really showed up Monday night.
Did anyone notice how DK was celebrating JSN's TD catch? That impressed me more than his own awesome catches on that drive.

He has it in him to be a leader . They have to use him right and keep him engaged .

toffee

Reaction score
I have been advocating to trade Lockett during last off season, and I think we may be one year too late even if trade him this off season, his trade value has plummeted. Metcalf? we keep.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He really showed up Monday night.
Did anyone notice how DK was celebrating JSN's TD catch? That impressed me more than his own awesome catches on that drive.

He has it in him to be a leader . They have to use him right and keep him engaged .
He's not NEAR the problem child that many make him out to be. Knowing how many people want him gone just makes me want him to stay much longer.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I would trade him if you could get a game changer stud Pass rusher in return, that being said no team is making that trade. So that's a moot point.

However, would you trade him like a reverse Graham-Unger trade. Hindsight 20/20 the Seahawks picked up Graham to plug a hole (and did not utilize him correctly) but we also lost a key piece that made the O-line function well. If you could trade DK for a key piece in the O-Line where suddenly the offensive line was way more reliable resulting in an overall better offense even without DK to throw to...would you make that trade?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
DK is a game changer who is also inconsistent. I used to think he could be a superstar, but now I feel like we know what he is. He's a guy who can take over a game or completely disappear in his head. It can be frustrating as a fan because you know that if he did put it altogether how great he can be.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I would trade him if you could get a game changer stud Pass rusher in return, that being said no team is making that trade. So that's a moot point.

However, would you trade him like a reverse Graham-Unger trade. Hindsight 20/20 the Seahawks picked up Graham to plug a hole (and did not utilize him correctly) but we also lost a key piece that made the O-line function well. If you could trade DK for a key piece in the O-Line where suddenly the offensive line was way more reliable resulting in an overall better offense even without DK to throw to...would you make that trade?
Loaded question Zag. Thats like asking if you would trade Spoon for a linebacker that could make the defense better.

If we’re talking strictly off of position value, no. I would not trade DK for a lineman.

Graham was a product of sack-o-potatoes wanting more weapons. Regardless of Grahams TDs that year, trading an all-pro center for him was dumb duh duh dumb.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
DK is a game changer who is also inconsistent. I used to think he could be a superstar, but now I feel like we know what he is. He's a guy who can take over a game or completely disappear in his head. It can be frustrating as a fan because you know that if he did put it altogether how great he can be.
I remember having similar frustrations with RW thinking next season he will be this excellent pocket passer in addition to his other skills and will just WRECK the NFL, okay next season, next season...and then realizing he is who he is and then his other skillset diminishing.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
I remember having similar frustrations with RW thinking next season he will be this excellent pocket passer in addition to his other skills and will just WRECK the NFL, okay next season, next season...and then realizing he is who he is and then his other skillset diminishing.

That being said...there was a point in time people could not FATHOM trading RW and I think most fans are good with that trade now. So no player is untradeable but of course the results on both sides really dictate that trade right?

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Loaded question Zag. Thats like asking if you would trade Spoon for a linebacker that could make the defense better.

If we’re talking strictly off of position value, no. I would not trade DK for a lineman.

Graham was a product of sack-o-potatoes wanting more weapons. Regardless of Grahams TDs that year, trading an all-pro center for him was dumb duh duh dumb.
I honestly think that trade was one of “knee-jerk” reactions, made in desperation, to “add” some “flare” to the team, but unknowingly, causing seismic tidal waves that collapsed the entire offense and identity of the team in more ways than one.

Yes, it was a horrible and horrible trade and Carroll continued with another horrible trade Jamal Adams….also in fact was another “knee-jerk” reaction made to “solidify” the defense cause Seattle was no longer an elite defense and Carroll was afraid his defensive backs were also not top tier….

This league is a “no guts, no glory” but these decisions still have a lingering impact on the team today (not so much Unger now but the Adams trade will always be hated).

Lennie

Reaction score
I guess I’m in the minority and still on the fence about DK. I get what you guys are saying but his performances seem so inconsistent.
Trading DK might be are only path to obtaining our QBOTF.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
Great player, team guy...etc.etc.

Just wish he'd mature some. Gotta play the game within the game, and he just gets worked. Sherm would have had a field day with DK.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Right now, NFL social media is buzzing about a Steelers WR taking a lot of heat for not blocking for his RB near the EZ.

Think that would happen with DK?

There is also a video of DK the moment that JSN scores his TD. He is thrilled and fist pumping w joy. Is that the attitude of a 'Me' player?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
DK is a hell of a blocker, he embraces it.
And yep, he always celebrates TD's scored by his opponents.
People just want to create him as some monster that's bringing down the team. Nope

Last edited: