DK Postgame

evergreen

Reaction score
DK was asked which catch was his favorite he said,”Jackson’s “. He is inconsistent and drops too many catchable passes. Still what a stud he’s been in the fourth quarter. People act like he’s not attractive to other teams as if they all know about our complaints. They don’t look at the RW trade. DK just showed the world how awesome he can be. He could be very tradable.

renofox

Reaction score
This team would have less wins without clutch DK.

He made tough catches and got the vast majority of yards for our last two wins. Without DK, the game winning drives against the Eagles and the Commanders don't happen.

He was also key in other wins this season, and he helped keep us in the game against the Cowboys.

Without DK, we're probably 4-10 or 5-9 right now.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
He really showed up Monday night.
Did anyone notice how DK was celebrating JSN's TD catch? That impressed me more than his own awesome catches on that drive.

He has it in him to be a leader . They have to use him right and keep him engaged .
I’ve noticed him celebrating his teammates success multiple times. Even in this last post game, a reporter was talking about how good his catch was…he still called out JSN as making the play of the game.

I don’t get the impression that he prioritizes personal gain more than he prioritizes winning. He does not come off as selfish.

We’re blessed to have him.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
This team would have less wins without clutch DK.

He made tough catches and got the vast majority of yards for our last two wins. Without DK, the game winning drives against the Eagles and the Commanders don't happen.

He was also key in other wins this season, and he helped keep us in the game against the Cowboys.

Without DK, we're probably 4-10 or 5-9 right now.
Right on Reno!!

renofox

Reaction score
I’ve noticed him celebrating his teammates success multiple times. Even in this last post game, a reporter was talking about how good his catch was…he still called out JSN as making the play of the game.

I don’t get the impression that he prioritizes personal gain more than he prioritizes winning. He does not come off as selfish.

We’re blessed to have him.
Agreed. I've never seen DK come off as selfish or anything other than fully supportive of all his teammates.

Every time I've seen the frustration build to the boiling point with him is when the Seahawks are losing and, for whatever reason, wide open plays are being missed for quarters at a time.

He is immature and ultra-competitive. A mix that can lead to some undesirable emotional displays. But add in his dedication and effort and you end up with far more, and more impactful, positives than the few minor negatives that come with it.

I've said before that trading him would be bad for the Seahawks but would be the best thing for DK. He is criminally misused here and, without change, his career will never be what it could under someone other than PC.

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
Agreed. I've never seen DK come off as selfish or anything other than fully supportive of all his teammates.

Every time I've seen the frustration build to the boiling point with him is when the Seahawks are losing and, for whatever reason, wide open plays are being missed for quarters at a time.

He is immature and ultra-competitive. A mix that can lead to some undesirable emotional displays. But add in his dedication and effort and you end up with far more, and more impactful, positives than the few minor negatives that come with it.

I've said before that trading him would be bad for the Seahawks but would be the best thing for DK. He is criminally misused here and, without change, his career will never be what it could under someone other than PC.
💯!!

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
He's the reason why we have success on offense. Can you imagine how teams would be all over our wr's without having a guy like Dk.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Wow so everyone is on board of having DK.

Except me. He's going to be a free agent again and you have to pay him more money.

The hawks aren't a SB contender for another 2-3 years, and why do you want to be stuck with his contract and his antics?

Trade him for a 1st and 3rd, small rebuild.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Some of you want to trade him? I’d entertain two firsts for every player on this team with the exception of Spoon.

Let’s appreciate our incredibly talented, passionate team leader. Yes, the penalties are asinine at times. But, there’s so many things he does…the double coverage he commands…the blocks….

He deserves more targets…as does JSN.

I hope he is a Seahawk his entire career.
Postgame - DK
DK gets a lot of targets.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I honestly think that trade was one of “knee-jerk” reactions, made in desperation, to “add” some “flare” to the team, but unknowingly, causing seismic tidal waves that collapsed the entire offense and identity of the team in more ways than one.

Yes, it was a horrible and horrible trade and Carroll continued with another horrible trade Jamal Adams….also in fact was another “knee-jerk” reaction made to “solidify” the defense cause Seattle was no longer an elite defense and Carroll was afraid his defensive backs were also not top tier….

This league is a “no guts, no glory” but these decisions still have a lingering impact on the team today (not so much Unger now but the Adams trade will always be hated).
I think that trade was the first appease RW move and it turned out like every other effort to turn the offense over to RW

OrangeGravy

Reaction score

He's a good teammate, he just has to used in very specific ways which at times make it easier for defenses to keep him quiet

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Some of you want to trade him? I’d entertain two firsts for every player on this team with the exception of Spoon.

Let’s appreciate our incredibly talented, passionate team leader. Yes, the penalties are asinine at times. But, there’s so many things he does…the double coverage he commands…the blocks….

He deserves more targets…as does JSN.

I hope he is a Seahawk his entire career.
Postgame - DK

Without DK, the eagles game was a loss. Period.

Watched his last presser last night briefly. Struck me how composed he was - and with a couple of his last interviews. No side eyes, no weird 'catch me if you can' grins. No bullshit.

Discussed frankly how his role is mainly to draw coverage for 16 and JSN. He knows his role, and he doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Not sure why he was constantly chirping at Me3/Geno for about a full season and a half - but whatever the problem was, recently he seems to have either accepted it or gotten over it.

He's our little version of Megatron - but in a different package. The thing that strikes me about his play this year - honestly is just how 'off camera' physical he is. He battles all ******* game long in the trenches for his seemingly little touches. I've seen him manhandle a bunch of DB's just out of camera/coverage range all season. He's in it to win it.

Dude earned my respect lately a little bit - I've been anti DK at times over the past season and a half.

People not to trade? DK. DK. DK. I've come around on the dude.

themunn

Reaction score

Exactly what you want from a WR!

DK Metcalf is a star who stands up when it counts, and I think if not for the O-line injuries this year would be having his best season (as it stands he's likely to put up statistically his 2nd best).

And if we get into the playoffs? One thing I know is that DK Metcalf LOVES playoff games - 4 games he averages 112 yards and 1.25 TDs

morgulon1

Reaction score
Wow so everyone is on board of having DK.

Except me. He's going to be a free agent again and you have to pay him more money.

The hawks aren't a SB contender for another 2-3 years, and why do you want to be stuck with his contract and his antics?

Trade him for a 1st and 3rd, small rebuild.
I see your point. I do like having him. He drives me batty with his antics but he has heart, something this team desperately needs. Yes , he's expensive when they're at a point of " not being there yet" AND his salary is going to rise significantly next season.
IDK, could Seattle get a mini haul for this scrapper?

cymatica

Reaction score
Would be nice to see him better utilized like a #1

OP
OP
GemCity

GemCity

Reaction score
I see your point. I do like having him. He drives me batty with his antics but he has heart, something this team desperately needs. Yes , he's expensive when they're at a point of " not being there yet" AND his salary is going to rise significantly next season.
IDK, could Seattle get a mini haul for this scrapper?
I thought we were headed to a complete rebuild…even at this stage in PCs career.

But, that was false.

Imo, we’re only 3-4 pieces away from being one of the most competitive teams in the league. I think we hit the playoffs this year and at a minimum, make it to the divisional. Even with that said, it feels like we need a change…at the coaching level.

Crazy talk right?

With that in mind, JS has been sharp in these last two drafts. Prior to that, I was left unimpressed. IF we get another draft like the last two, you keep DK home. He’s our biggest offensive threat.

It’s my hope that he plays his entire career here. I think he’s misunderstood and that his passion comes out as ‘flair’. People tend to not like that. But, he’s the ultimate teammate and with a bit of composure, can and will lead this team to success.

Now….I would entertain two first round picks for any/everyone on this team sans Spoon. Maybe JSN too (I’m biased as an OSU fan). But, who is going to cough that up?

Re-sign Leonard so that doesn’t end up being a terrible trade. Draft a safety, MLB, Center, DT…another edge wouldn’t hurt. Maybe a lower round Guard with potential.

I wanted AR last year. I’m happy I wasn’t GM as Spoon is a treasure (and is my favorite Seahawk now…love his game). I’m hoping we don’t draft a QB now. Not saying Lock is QBOTF but between him and Geno, I think this roster can do it with a few additions at other positions.

This team is so close…..

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
If we were in a straight up rebuild I’d still say no - you keep your best offensive player and build around him. Get some RBs and etc

Latest posts