Does anyone else notice...

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I think people see what they want to see and blame or point fingers at who they want to. I mean you don't think all the new coaches may have had something to do with it? Nope, it's got to be Wilson is gone. I think most of you are pathetic that you feel the need to continually bash the guy. For those wondering Denver is saying the same thing only that having Wilson has changed things for the better. That aside I understand some of you have decided Wilson is the devil, you bought into the fake narrative and are now fully entrenched. To bad.

Now back to actual football, no the changes you see are due to the new coaching staff, and the fact there are a lot of questions and very little pressure as no one expects much, and rightfully so. As to the season, this is at best as it stands now a 5-win team.

samwize77

Reaction score
He's not wrong. I HOPE he's wrong, but Russ is going to shred this Defense. And no, it has nothing to do with the fact that he was my favorite player. He's just gonna' come in here next level focused and we've seen what a pissed off Russ can do.
I keep thinking...if there is any coaching staff that knows Wilsons strengths and weaknesses its us right?? If any coaching staff can bait Wilson, its gotta be us. This has to account for something. Wilson will be seeing a 3-4 from us (mostly)so its not like he'll be looking at what he would during any normal practice for all those years. Its going to be interesting for sure.

Also....he is going against the 12's now....I can only imagine how loud its gonna be.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I think people see what they want to see and blame or point fingers at who they want to. I mean you don't think all the new coaches may have had something to do with it? Nope, it's got to be Wilson is gone. I think most of you are pathetic that you feel the need to continually bash the guy. For those wondering Denver is saying the same thing only that having Wilson has changed things for the better. That aside I understand some of you have decided Wilson is the devil, you bought into the fake narrative and are now fully entrenched. To bad.

Now back to actual football, no the changes you see are due to the new coaching staff, and the fact there are a lot of questions and very little pressure as no one expects much, and rightfully so. As to the season, this is at best as it stands now a 5-win team.
Deandc, is that you?

Hawknight

Reaction score

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
IF the running game can rock in that game, they obviously have a legit shot. But I can't imagine the Bronco's not just stacking the box for the run.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

I think most of you are pathetic that you feel the need to continually bash the guy.
I thought you had me blocked John. Great to hear from you, even it is you flaming me. I will say that I, and many others on here, simply have a different opinion. That's OK and I don't think it is pathetic. There seems to have been a significant culture change since Russ left. And I happen to think the reason is Russ leaving. Still like the guy though.

Aircrew

Reaction score
That the whole culture and attitude of the team has seemed to progressed leaps and bounds since Russ left? All of a sudden old players like Sherm are wanting to be involved again, renewed faith in Pete, guys seeming to have a great attitude...

I feel like this move has given Pete's career a much needed reset. He's free from being forced to run a team around Mr incredible. I know there are a lot of Pete haters but I really think that when it's all said and done there's a chance Pete looks better than Russ post divorce.

Anyone else feeling this about the clubs culture?

Absolutely, couldn't agree more. I've been saying for a long time that Russ became a cancer to this team and we're all better off now that he's gone. While the talent level at QB has certainly taken a big hit, the overall team health is exponentially better. Hell, I'm actually excited to watch the Hawks this year even though we're going to be a sub .500 team. Russ and his "team" were holding the Seahawks hostage and you could see it. I have no ill feelings toward RW, I'm just glad he's gone. This season is the beginning of a new era and it's going to be fun to watch.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The team is better off by losing a lot MORE? Um........ok.
It was time to move on for both sides. But a Cancer? This fanbase sure loves their drama. Cancer is a stretch.
The team is going to be average at best this year.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
So for game is the strategy going to be sit in cover 2 the majority of the game, take away the deep ball and hope for the best?

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
That the whole culture and attitude of the team has seemed to progressed leaps and bounds since Russ left? All of a sudden old players like Sherm are wanting to be involved again, renewed faith in Pete, guys seeming to have a great attitude...

I feel like this move has given Pete's career a much needed reset. He's free from being forced to run a team around Mr incredible. I know there are a lot of Pete haters but I really think that when it's all said and done there's a chance Pete looks better than Russ post divorce.

Anyone else feeling this about the clubs culture?
I've said it since 'let russ cook' began. He was toxic. He definately dragged the team down. Remember those pressers for the past couple of years where PC was looking confused, angry, and like he wanted to put a gun in his mouth?

Go back and watch "That's just russ being russ" from one of his pressers - when Russ obviously messed with him.

THEN - look at ANY presser from this preseason. PC is metamorphized. Back to his old self.

You can just SMELL the relief.

RW was a complete ******* douchebag. I'm 1000% relieved that he is gone. HE was the cancer. And we thought it was Sherm for a while.

Nope. Adios jackass. Have a nice life. And, oh, yea - suck it, and get pummeled in our game.

BamKam

Reaction score
Of course. The past few seasons became the Russ show. Russ this Russ that. Russ doesn't have this Russ doesn't have that. When you build a culture around everyone playing there part and being held accountable then you have one guy that needs to be protected from his poor play you completely de rail everything. It is so refreshing to be honest, I haven't been this excited about a season since probably Metcalf's 2nd year which turned out to be a disappointment. This feels very 2011/2012 like which is great and what this team needed.

toffee

Reaction score
Of course. The past few seasons became the Russ show. Russ this Russ that. Russ doesn't have this Russ doesn't have that. When you build a culture around everyone playing there part and being held accountable then you have one guy that needs to be protected from his poor play you completely de rail everything. It is so refreshing to be honest, I haven't been this excited about a season since probably Metcalf's 2nd year which turned out to be a disappointment. This feels very 2011/2012 like which is great and what this team needed.
I remember only Metcalf tweeted something if a farewell after Russ was traded, even then it mentioned both Bobby and Russ and Bobby got all the kind words.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
trying to imagine what .net would be like if Russ puts up a 40 burger on the hawks and we don't see the end zone once. Thats a far more likely outcome than our back up QB's getting a win against a pretty good defense.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I've said it since 'let russ cook' began. He was toxic. He definately dragged the team down. Remember those pressers for the past couple of years where PC was looking confused, angry, and like he wanted to put a gun in his mouth?

Go back and watch "That's just russ being russ" from one of his pressers - when Russ obviously messed with him.

THEN - look at ANY presser from this preseason. PC is metamorphized. Back to his old self.

You can just SMELL the relief.

RW was a complete ******* douchebag. I'm 1000% relieved that he is gone. HE was the cancer. And we thought it was Sherm for a while.

Nope. Adios jackass. Have a nice life. And, oh, yea - suck it, and get pummeled in our game.

Calgary, you sir, get it. Nail on the head.

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
First 12 seasons w/ team:

Sean Payton
118-74 (8-5)
7 playoffs, 5 divisions, 1 conf., 1 SB

John Harbaugh
118-74 (10-7)
9 playoffs, 4 divisions, 1 conf., 1 SB

Pete Carroll
119-73-1 (10-8)
9 playoffs, 5 divisions, 2 conf., 1 SB