Does DK Metcalf need a nickname?

ivotuk

Reaction score
What are those letters blowing around in the wind and scattered across the ground like fall leaves?

DK's nickname. Not even the speed of sound can keep up with him.

tifferradish

Reaction score
Guys, we all know his nickname will come from Russ in an interview. Somebody will ask him about his relationship with DK and Russ will gush about how awesome he is. Somewhere in his praise of DK, he will call him something. I’m thinking like “Black Hulk” or something. And if it’s “Black Hulk” I say we shorten it to “Bulk”. “Bulk” Metcalf. Has a nice ring to it...right?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
HawkSince87":10yma5ms said:
Your guys’ corny suggestions is why nicknames have to be created organically.
A million times this. Not everyone needs a nickname for this reason. A forced nickname is bush league.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
tifferradish":dxm46xpk said:
Guys, we all know his nickname will come from Russ in an interview. Somebody will ask him about his relationship with DK and Russ will gush about how awesome he is. Somewhere in his praise of DK, he will call him something. I’m thinking like “Black Hulk” or something. And if it’s “Black Hulk” I say we shorten it to “Bulk”. “Bulk” Metcalf. Has a nice ring to it...right?

It's hilarious how you "came up" with that! In my mind, anyway.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
I think Russ nicknamed him LeBron in the offseason.
But yea Hulk fits..
DeeHulk?
DK Muscles?
Decaf Muscles...Lol.
3Cones?

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
There’s a YouTube channel called Top Billin’ with a smart and funny as hell analysis. Mostly college but loves the Hawks, especially Chef Russell and DK. He called Tyler and DK “Turbo and Ozone” from Breakin’. Dunno which is which but I like it. That’s the kind of natural way a nickname emerges, IMO, rather than brainstorming for one. It’ll happen.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
FattyKnuckle":33f89ts4 said:
There’s a YouTube channel called Top Billin’ with a smart and funny as hell analysis. Mostly college but loves the Hawks, especially Chef Russell and DK. He called Tyler and DK “Turbo and Ozone” from Breakin’. Dunno which is which but I like it. That’s the kind of natural way a nickname emerges, IMO, rather than brainstorming for one. It’ll happen.

Top Billin' is EASILY one of my favorite YouTube subscriptions. Murf is on his way to a big bag in the near future. I watch all his shit. Dude is a 'natural'.

hoxrox

Reaction score
hgwellz12":1808ckst said:
FattyKnuckle":1808ckst said:

Top Billin' is EASILY one of my favorite YouTube subscriptions. Murf is on his way to a big bag in the near future. I watch all his $h!t. Dude is a 'natural'.

I watch his stuff every week. He's pretty funny.

Here's one he did on DK specifically:

https://youtu.be/jtKELHibmG8

Film study on the final drive vs Vikings:

https://youtu.be/BkwDWqLgGGM

SE174

Reaction score
I watched an interview from Barstool with DK, and he said his HS nickname was Optimus.

He TKO's opposing defenses.

Ergo, DKO.