Does DK Metcalf need a nickname?

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
SE174":1vbb32a3 said:
I watched an interview from Barstool with DK, and he said his HS nickname was Optimus.

He TKO's opposing defenses.

Ergo, DKO.
DKO is fitting.
In college they were NWO.

massari

Reaction score
Metcalf=The Freeze

[youtube]f8NEc3OmYKE[/youtube]

lol

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
That play he made on Baker is stuff that legends are made from. In his quote after the game Budda said he had never been hawked before. Seems like DK is....THE HAWK

hoxrox

Reaction score
DeeK the FreaK Show Metcalf.

Or "Freak Show" for short.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
LeBron James called him "Baby Bron" today so I guess that means the question has been answered.

LeBron has spoken. This is the way.

Idk how to get the tweet image on here

evergreen

Reaction score
[vine]you don’t want to change it Both the D and the K are nice hard syllables to say together. It’s alre like a good swear word. Very yellable. The only thing better is to add the obvious “f’ing” that just naturally makes it’s way in there [/vine]

jeremiah

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3rftqpr7 said:
DK Metcalf. The stud. A legend in the making.

We've all seen his incredible 6 pack. His gravity defying pre game workouts. His trail blazing speed.

He's a first ballot hall of famer in the infancy stages of his career. He will go down as a top 5 receiver all time.
To prepare for this inevitability, I find it of the up most importance to get DK Metcalf a nickname, coined by the fans.

Calvin Johnson was "Megatron." Terrell Owens was "T.O." Jerry Rice was....dang it never mind that.

What nickname would you suggest for DK Metcalf? Or is DK a cool enough name to call him?

I was thinking "Kong"
That awful MNF announcer last season called him "Decaf Metcalf" which was funny.

Donkey Kong....DK Donkey Kong...it is natural. His parents shouldn't have named him that. They must have known being he was born in 2000 more or less, and his parents must have played video games....

fenderbender123

Reaction score
Decaf is the only natural sounding one that I think most people would respond to positively.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Optimus Megacalf kind of roles off the tongue. :sarcasm_on:

sutz

Reaction score
Good nicknames grow naturally, and almost always come from the players, not the fans.

hoxrox

Reaction score
sutz":2hv2u66i said:
Good nicknames grow naturally, and almost always come from the players, not the fans.

Russ has referred to him as a Freak or "Freak Show" in interviews. Endearingly, of course.

He is a Freak Show in my book. Needs a name that other teams will have night mares about.