Does the bye help or hinder us?

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
My initial gut feeling was the bye has come at perfect time to allow us to get people fit and rested but now I wonder if we are going to lose some momentum that a huge win like last night will bring. Thoughts?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Perfect time, not only for then sake of healing injuries, especially Tyler, but it sidelines any chance of a letdown after such a gigantic win. Not saying the Hawks would let down but human nature is such that it would be possible imo.

whidbeast

Reaction score
Perfect timing. That game was a battle and a lot of guys are banged up.

getnasty

Reaction score
I think it's perfect, back to back OT games, week 11, guys need a break and coming of a big win can't hurt.

classicaaron

Reaction score
perfect timing. last night was an absolute battle and they need the rest. plus they don't have to deal with coming back on a short week. Even Clowney in his interview said he needed the break and his sigh of breathe while he said it definitely showed it. first quarter may be a little sluggish after the bye but when don't the seahawks have a bad first quarter :D

blazen2392

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":gxid3s4d said:
My initial gut feeling was the bye has come at perfect time to allow us to get people fit and rested but now I wonder if we are going to lose some momentum that a huge win like last night will bring. Thoughts?

Perfect timing. Now we can fully implement Gordon and Diggs and give Locketts legs some time to heal

chrispy

Reaction score
Lockett has time to heal. Others as well, but he's a pretty important piece of the offense.

sutz

Reaction score
I'm gonna go with "help." Reasons have been stated above.

Largent80

Reaction score
It couldn't be better. It lets the very few injured to heal. It gives Gordon and Diggs 2 extra weeks to get acclimated (obviously they already are) it puts pressure on SF to try to win next Sunday.

I am finding hard to find a negative about it especially after a huge WIN like that.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
9ers struggle against Arizona next week I think. Physical Monday night game that had an extra 10 minutes added on.
This bye week is perfect for us.

chris98251

Reaction score
It was a long ass game, they are physically and emotionally spent, human nature in that situation, gives them a chance to get their heads and bodies right and then re focus without a rush on next game, add the things listed above to the mix and they are re purposed and prepped for the stretch run.

D

DomeHawk

So much better than an early bye and with Lockett banged up, it is especially good.

For my money, Lockett is absolutely irreplaceable.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I think it definitely helps. That was a BRUTAL game and we had back to back overtime games. This gives our guys a chance to get back a bit of what was lost during this huge game last night.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":2jmtxhdr said:
I think it definitely helps. That was a BRUTAL game and we had back to back overtime games. This gives our guys a chance to get back a bit of what was lost during this huge game last night.
This!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This is not even up for debate for me, definitely helps us.

Did you see our players walking off the field last night? They were exhausted, physically and emotionally drained, and many were injured.

Perfect timing for a bye.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1xxprtgg said:
This is not even up for debate for me, definitely helps us.

Did you see our players walking off the field last night? They were exhausted, physically and emotionally drained, and many were injured.

Perfect timing for a bye.
They definitely left it all out there on the field. :irishdrinkers:

warden

Reaction score
Helps

Nurse all those nagging injuries, rest the body and mind. Get right for the playoff drive

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
We get to rest while our next opponent plays the Patriots. The bye helps.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I would have to say this is the best timing for a bye week for us in many years. Perfect timing this year. Those early bye weeks just kill us. The timing let’s this big win sink in. Gives us time to get healthy and relax and reload for the second half

It doesn’t get any easier for us. Go Hawks!