Dolphins bring in Malik Mcdowell

Basis4day

Reaction score
Rat":3k8pfz3o said:
Basis4day":3k8pfz3o said:
pittpnthrs":3k8pfz3o said:
KinesProf":3k8pfz3o said:
What were Malik's red flags coming into the draft?
In your opinion, what position would Budda play in the Seattle scheme?

Took plays off, unmotivated, lazy, horrible interview, etc,,,,,,

Strange. None of those negative traits involve a predisposition to crashing ATVs.

No, but they show a lack of commitment to being the best and maximizing his All-Pro potential. This specifically was unpredictable, but there’s a reason these things don’t happen to Russell Wilson.

And again, loved the pick at the time, happy when they swing for the fences, but it’s not SUPER shocking that his personal issues prevented a successful NFL career. They knew at the time that he was his own worst enemy.

And again, crashing a ATV isn’t a personal issue.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Basis4day":22qcmwyq said:
Rat":22qcmwyq said:
Basis4day":22qcmwyq said:
pittpnthrs":22qcmwyq said:

Strange. None of those negative traits involve a predisposition to crashing ATVs.

No, but they show a lack of commitment to being the best and maximizing his All-Pro potential. This specifically was unpredictable, but there’s a reason these things don’t happen to Russell Wilson.

And again, loved the pick at the time, happy when they swing for the fences, but it’s not SUPER shocking that his personal issues prevented a successful NFL career. They knew at the time that he was his own worst enemy.

And again, crashing a ATV isn’t a personal issue.

It is if he's on drugs, intoxicated or not wearing protective head gear.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Basis4day":39boaks5 said:
pittpnthrs":39boaks5 said:
KinesProf":39boaks5 said:

I dont think any player comes with a red flag for riding ATV's. He came with a red flag for not being very intelligent. Was it that far in the stars that he did something stupid and had an accident?

KinesProf

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2rjrhmmo said:
KinesProf":2rjrhmmo said:

Exactly. Nothing off the field or anything indicative of the unforseeable accident to come. Things that could have been said about Marshawn pre-Seahawks or Randy Moss before being acquired by the Patriots.

chris98251

Reaction score
He could have been riding a wild women and hit his head on a headboard and you guys would still harp on him.

Basis4day

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2fxg6iyg said:
I dont think any player comes with a red flag for riding ATV's. He came with a red flag for not being very intelligent. Was it that far in the stars that he did something stupid and had an accident?

To the extent that the Seahawks should have been worried that he would make a mistake that would end his career before he even took a snap? Yes. This is pure hindsite bias.

There are plenty of idiots in the NFL. If this was predicable it would happen a lot more.

The only comparable situation to McDowell i can think of off the top of my head is Jay Williams.

sdog1981

Reaction score
From the article:

"McDowell also was sentenced to 11 months in jail and three years of probation after pleading guilty in 2019 to a series of crimes in Michigan."

Holy hell that was 3 years ago. He was drafted 4 years ago. I just hope this guy got some help and would not really be mad if he made a roster.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Show me a person claiming to have predicted Malik would be severely injured in an off-field accident before it actually happened, and I'll show you an outright liar.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
PNW":25o11e4r said:
TheLegendOfBoom":25o11e4r said:
Carroll in his Thursday presser was asked was Budda Baker a possible pick for Seattle, and he said, he doesn’t remember the specifics of what happened with the picks, more or less.

Seattle whiffed and picked red flags galore, Malik McDowell.

Arizona then picked next and grabbed Budda Baker.

Boy, Seattle is still feeling the ill effects of that terrible pick.

Every time Budda Bakers plays Seattle, he is so motivated his hometown team did not pick him up.

This kills my soul......F*CKEN IDIOTS

Lol. F*ckin***

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And still dwelling on this crap years later. But, apparently it's the Hawks' front office who are supposed to be able to predict the future. While I have no problem saying they have had some serious busts early in the draft, blaming them for what this idiot did BY CHOICE is ridiculous. Good luck Miami, I'll believe the guy can turn it around when I see it.
Get over it...........

GeekHawk

Reaction score
sdog1981":11o4npxb said:
From the article:

"McDowell also was sentenced to 11 months in jail and three years of probation after pleading guilty in 2019 to a series of crimes in Michigan."

Holy hell that was 3 years ago. He was drafted 4 years ago. I just hope this guy got some help and would not really be mad if he made a roster.

Umm, 2021 - 2019 = 2 years. He's still on probation?

sdog1981

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1u4c3rob said:
sdog1981":1u4c3rob said:
From the article:

Umm, 2021 - 2019 = 2 years. He's still on probation?

I could not find anything that says it ended early. At the same time, he was able to move to Florida? So it is a little confusing.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
The guy is a meathead. Does anyone really believe that he has turned things around? I do not.

chris98251

Reaction score
Looks like the Browns signed him, now he can afford to buy a new ATV since the old one got wrecked..........

toffee

Reaction score
I wish him luck and become an all pro

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
He's absolutely destroying opposing centers, too. Looks like a star.

Hurts seeing that they probably picked a star player high up for once and had it foiled by the dude smashing his face on an ATV.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1iuviwml said:
He's absolutely destroying opposing centers, too. Looks like a star.

Hurts seeing that they probably picked a star player high up for once and had it foiled by the dude smashing his face on an ATV.
Just a matter of time before this knucklehead screws up again.
Aldon Smith 2.0, without the resume.