Dunlap traded to Seattle

iigakusei

Reaction score
Chapow":2z3snodr said:
Getting Dunlap for Finney and a 7th is way, waaaaaaayyy, better than Griffen for a 5th.

I wonder if any of the people that were so quick to criticize Pete and John for not getting a worse player for a steeper price are going to give them any credit for this very good move?

It is a brilliant trade - nobody could possibly argue the contrary. They put themselves in this position by multiple errors, but this move viewed on its own is a home run.

Reaction score
Dunlap was good in the past, but hasn't he become mostly a backup and rotational player for the Bengals?

Polk738

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2utg5kis said:
Seahawks made out with this deal - giving up a little used player, BJ Finney, and a 7th round pick for Carlos Dunlap. Nice job JS. Currently, Dunlap is a far better player than Griffen.

That is an understatement considering Griffen has one of the worst pressure win rate percentages in the league right now, this is a pretty damn good trade considering the Finney contract was pretty worthless since he couldn't beat out Pocic for the starting position. Snacks, Dunlap and Adams on the line should hopefully generate SOME pressure :D

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
QuickLightning":19svue2o said:
Dunlap was good in the past, but hasn't he become mostly a backup and rotational player for the Bengals?

Dunlap has 9 sacks last year, and was very effective.

He's been pissed off at the organization, the coaches and his role on the D-line, so Taylor's been benching him and limiting his snaps.

Which is good for us, at 32 he's fresh, pissed off and ready to play for a winner. This is a good trade.

misfit

Reaction score
QuickLightning":2s1ve9ew said:

Marshawn Lynch was a backup in buffalo

dont judge off that

getnasty

Reaction score
So is Hunt or Britt coming back to backup the center spot

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chapow":2iz8jngj said:
Getting Dunlap for Finney and a 7th is way, waaaaaaayyy, better than Griffen for a 5th.

I wonder if any of the people that were so quick to criticize Pete and John for not getting a worse player for a steeper price are going to give them any credit for this very good move?

They'll just move on and say something incoherent about Malik McDowell or Antonio Brown, most likely.

ivotuk

Reaction score
gowazzu02":3s3dr707 said:
Gio":3s3dr707 said:
Definitely Clay over Suggs. He's more versatile player , type of OLB/DE player. I also can't wait to see what Snacks will bring to the table.

I hate Mathews just me holding an old grudge though. Dirty player, tried to cuncuss Russ in the NFCCG. thank goodness for the bubbly water.

As for Snacks, if anything he takes some of the run game pressure off our other more rush type DTackles. I doubt we ever see 10 sacks again from the position, but keeping them fresher makes it more likely to get at least SOME pressure up the gut.

I'm right there with you on Matthews. I postulated earlier in the year that he wouldn't sign with Seattle because of the NFCCG. Those were some pissed off Packers, and you KNOW Aaron Rodgers still holds a grudge on that one.

Snacks is a very good player. Fluker was talking about going up against him and said "It'll be like 2 old Bears fighting in the woods, it's going to be a looongg day!"

PNW

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":377ux5gx said:
QuickLightning":377ux5gx said:

Dunlap has 9 sacks last year, and was very effective.

He's been pissed off at the organization, the coaches and his role on the D-line, so Taylor's been benching him and limiting his snaps.

Which is good for us, at 32 he's fresh, pissed off and ready to play for a winner. This is a good trade.
Not that it means much but he’s actually 31 still haha I’m stoked for this trade! If we can get another DE to go with *cough Mathews or Suggs it would complete me haha

ivotuk

Reaction score
I would have preferred Ryan Kerrigan, but after Ron Rivera's comments, I doubt he's available. Ryan also said he wants his whole career to be as a Redskin/Football team.

Stoked that we got Dunlap though. I had him right up there with Kerrigan.

After 2020, Dunlap has one season left on his contract with a cap hit of $11.1 million, however, he can be released or traded with no dead money.

In a little over 10 seasons with the Bengals, Dunlap totaled 82.5 sacks, 227 QB hits, and 103 tackles for loss. Through seven games this year, in a reduced role, he has just one sack. Now, Dunlap will get a fresh start in Seattle.

Dude is a monster!

Height - 6-6
Weight - 285
Arms - 34 5/8
Hands - 10

ivotuk

Reaction score
Examining Carlos Dunlap's Value Ahead of the Trade Deadline

If Cincinnati had traded Dunlap in the offseason, they could've gotten a third or fourth-round pick. He was easily the Bengals' best defensive player in 2019. Dunlap had eight sacks and 25 tackles in Cincinnati's final seven games.

He has one sack and 18 tackles in the Bengals' first seven games this season. Combine that with social media and his attitude and his trade value has taken a massive hit.

If you're a team like the Seahawks or Raiders, why give up anything of value for Dunlap when the Bengals may release him?

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/dun ... e-deadline

FearTheHawk

Reaction score
My guess is we get Kerrigan, Watt, McKinnley, or Gilmore. I know we are tight on cap but John will find a way.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Found an article that suggests Ryan Anderson of Washington:

https://dairylandexpress.com/2020/10/25 ... available/

NFL Draft -- 2017 NFL Draft Player Profiles: Alabama EDGE Ryan Anderson

Bio:

– 2016: 61 Tackles, 19 TFL, 9 Sacks, 4 Forced Fumbles & 1 INT
– SEC Defensive Player of the Week for Performance against LSU
– Had a pick-six vs Washington in Peach Bowl Playoff Semi-final
– Semi-finalist for Butkus Award which is given to Nation’s top linebacker
– 30.5 tackles for a loss and 15 sacks in last two seasons

https://steelersdepot.com/2017/02/2017- ... -anderson/

Ryan Anderson, EDGE
School: Alabama | Conference: SEC
College Experience: RS Senior | Age: 22
Height / Weight: 6-2 / 253 lbs
Projected Draft Status: Late 1st or 2nd Round
NFL Comparison: Nick Perry

https://steelersdepot.com/2017/02/2017- ... -anderson/

Strengths

A wild dog. Aggressive, mean. Anderson plays with good athleticism and great twitch quickness.
Terrific instincts and vision. Against the run, he can quickly find the ball in the scrum lock on, and make a stop.
Really improved his coverage ability, more than adequate ability to drop back and cover a receiver.
Leadership quality.
Scheme versatile, he can play both OLB positions in either a 3-4 or a 4-3.

https://www.hogshaven.com/2017/1/20/143 ... erson-edge

https://www.nfl.com/players/ryan-anderson/stats/

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
This pretty much means he’s the best in the market that is available.

That doesn’t make him the right choice, more or less the only choice.

But if your Carroll, not doing anything is the worst thing.

Something needed to happen.

Although I will expect little from him, at this point in the season you have to somewhat be all in and stack the deck with as much as you can cause your defense whether it is talent or coaching is just not at the level needed to win in playoffs.

You may as well give yourself an opportunity to improve and see what happens rather than hoping your team can win only with offense.

Great players aren’t growing on trees.

We’ll see what Dunlap brings.

Only the Seahawks winning this division and playoffs is all we want!

Hey, no pressure! Lol.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Funny I said we should nab him in a post a week or so ago when somebody posted available trades of four different players. Now it's happening. He will help. Now we just need to cover better.