Eagles to play in Brazil in Week 1

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
No different than any other team that donates a home game. Besides, if a season ticket can't go, they can re-sell their tickets for twice what they paid for it on the secondary market.

I really don't want to hear any whining from today's season ticket holders getting stuck with a ticket because they can't go to a game. From 1985-96, long before electronic tickets and Stub Hub, Ticketmaster, et al, I used to have season tickets and lived in Moses Lake, 2.5 hours over a mountain pass from Seattle. If I couldn't go to a game, I had to find someone willing to buy it and mail it to them at least 3-4 days in advance of the game or else I had to eat it.

Cry me a river!
It's not 1985. You don't want to hear whining but you went on and cried anyways.
You don't want to listen then don't bother reading.

I'm glad you have no problem with other people paying for tickets they can't access later. Good for you.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's not 1985. You don't want to hear whining but you went on and cried anyways.
You don't want to listen then don't bother reading.

I'm glad you have no problem with other people paying for tickets they can't access later. Good for you.
There's lots of situations where you pay for something in advance and end up not being able to use it. Be thankful that you can get your money back by reselling it on the open market.

I'd be a lot more concerned about the NFL's flex scheduling where you only get a couple of weeks warning when they reschedule a Sunday game to a Monday than I would knowing 6 months in advance that one of the games was going to be played overseas. Flex scheduling could cost a ticket holder...and not just season ticket holders...thousands of dollars of expenses in airline tickets, hotel reservations, work schedules, school, etc, some that might not be able to be refunded.

I'm not the one crying. You're the one who is complaining.

Last edited:

49ersNFCWsBest

Reaction score
There's lots of situations where you pay for something in advance and end up not being able to use it. Be thankful that you can get your money back by reselling it on the open market.

I'd be a lot more concerned about the NFL's flex scheduling where you only get a couple of weeks warning when they reschedule a Sunday game to a Monday than I would knowing 6 months in advance that one of the games was going to be played overseas. Flex scheduling could cost a ticket holder...and not just season ticket holders...thousands of dollars of expenses in airline tickets, hotel reservations, work schedules, school, etc, some that might not be able to be refunded.

I'm not the one crying. You're the one who is complaining.
Anyways.........

flv2

Reaction score
F1 has been going to Sao Paulo for a long time. There have been some issues in recent years with staff from some teams being robbed by armed gangs. Generally it's not a location where team members or the international press go wherever they like to sight-see or do fluff pieces to camera.

Most F1 races are partly funded by National governments. The British Grand Prix and it's Las Vegas counterpart are obvious exceptions. Recently national funding for the Brazilian Grand Prix was stopped and the local government in Sao Paulo had to step in to keep the race. They retaliated by changing the name to the Sao Paulo Grand Prix. Sao Paulo is likely funding this NFL game rather than the Brazilian government, and that's why the game will be there.

There is a topic NOT to be discussed on this site and that topic likely impacted the decision to have this game played as early in the year as possible.

OP
OP
RiverDog

RiverDog

Reaction score
It looks like the league is going to Madrid in 2025:

I'm a big advocate of the international series, but they need to even it up from a competitiveness aspect. Jacksonville has participated in one international game every year since 2012 while our Seahawks have played in just two, neither of which required us surrendering a home game.

I'd also like to see them use that 17th game to play in at an out of market domestic venue, such as Salt Lake City or Honolulu. The first NFL game I ever saw in person was in Spokane, WA, an exhibition game between the Niners and Broncos.