EPL 2014-15 Season

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":zvj6fe9a said:
peachesenregalia":zvj6fe9a said:
NJSeaHawk":zvj6fe9a said:
Dissapointing result for the lads. Matic was off, and if wasnt for Azpi we may have lost that one...ah well...

Courtois was your man of the match. Lallana scores that goal 9 times out of 10.

Also, shut up, GatePacker.

fify...

yeah, disappointed Liverpool arent holding a lead going into the 2nd leg, but very very encouraged at the play. such is the season.

and seriously NJ, what one player do you actually like on that Chelsea team? they are so punchable. Hazards a shame, Costa looks like a drunk uncle that shows up to family parties in a windowless van. and terry... well, f--- John terry

It's hard to like a bunch of mercs. The squad we won with Champs was my favorite. Except for la nina Torres. Drogba was my favorite..still is I guess, but a shelf of himself. I hate Costa. Just seems like a wanker. Player-wise, an absolute stud, but a dick regardless. David Luiz was awesome, but he's gone. I guess I will have to take Ramires by default, just because he did the Michael Jackson against Shitalona with the chip.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
good post.

i do like Oscar. honest, hard working player. he belongs at a different club.

drogba was just a beast. one of the best. i want to hear that he has choked costa out in a training session.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2w3rm5g5 said:
good post.

drogba was just a beast. one of the best. i want to hear that he has choked costa out in a training session.

LMFAO, I would pay to see that.

And Oscar's great. Made the Mata move a tad bit easier to swallow. Oh well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
:|
NJSeaHawk":1vg3tx5e said:
Uncle Si":1vg3tx5e said:
good post.

LMFAO, I would pay to see that.

And Oscar's great. Made the Mata move a tad bit easier to swallow. Oh well.

Mata is not a PL player. any team is better with him not on it. (even Leicester move too fast for him) Oscar would be a great fit for Liverpools mid, or Arsenal, Southampton. Perfect for Chelsea. dont know why Mourinho messes about with him. Works so hard off the ball. technically gifted. scores goals. gets forward, gets back.

Smurf

Reaction score
Seeing various reports all over the place that United is set to lose their best player as David De Gea seems to be on his way to Real Madrid.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Smurf":2ooh8xv7 said:
Seeing various reports all over the place that United is set to lose their best player as David De Gea seems to be on his way to Real Madrid.

Its looking that way - Sadly. Boyhood dream club comes-a-knocking. Saw the movie before.
Bale could help ease my pain though.

Word is we are in for Pogba too...61M (would have been cheaper if Freguson didn't abuse him the first time around)

In fact, United are linked to every player on the planet come to think of it!

Seabhac

Reaction score
Question for the dozen or so Seahawks fans (and one Packers one) that post on the EPL thread.

Are you Sounders Fans?
Are you Season Ticket holders for Sounders? Occasional match goer?
Do you support another MLS team.
Casual follower etc?

Smurf

Reaction score
Seabhac":2jw8b3g8 said:
Question for the dozen or so Seahawks fans (and one Packers one) that post on the EPL thread.

Are you Sounders Fans?
Casual follower etc?

Yes - Arguably the most fanatic on this site.
Yes, since 2010.

Smurf

Reaction score
Seabhac":10uo7p24 said:
Smurf":10uo7p24 said:

Its looking that way - Sadly. Boyhood dream club comes-a-knocking. Saw the movie before.
Bale could help ease my pain though.

Word is we are in for Pogba too...61M (would have been cheaper if Freguson didn't abuse him the first time around)

In fact, United are linked to every player on the planet come to think of it!

Agreed, if there is a player wearing a kit thats not Manchester red....we seem to be rumored to want to sign them.

Pogba would really start to turn the tide I think. That would be a signing that would really get us going back to where we need to be....

Losing De Gea would be suck...for sure...

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Seabhac":37aifkqr said:

Are you Sounders Fans?
Casual follower etc?
I am a Sounder fan. I live on the opposite side of the country, though, so I've never been to a match.

razgriz737

Reaction score
Seabhac":29zlozux said:

Are you Sounders Fans?
Casual follower etc?
Yes
No (but would like to be)
No
Follow them very closely

I read this thread all the time but rarely post. Think I'm still too much of an EPL noob. But I watch Everton matches whenever I get the chance (which isn't as often as I'd like it to be).

Seabhac

Reaction score
Smurf":35q7rrle said:
Seabhac":35q7rrle said:

Are you Sounders Fans?
Casual follower etc?

Yes, since 2010.

Section 122 since 2012
I've been a United Fan for many years, but I am enjoying supporting the local team.

When I moved to the US in 1985 Football (Soccer) was a non-entity. I used to have to pay $20 Bucks a week to "Hennessy Headquarters" in New York to Have the Premier League Weekly Videotapes mailed to me.
I moved to Seattle in 94 after the World Cup. There was talk of an MLS team and I was very excited about the prospect of seeing football played locally at a decent level. Right around that time, the Geroge and Dragon opened and that was (and probably still is) the best Soccer Pub in North America. - I was there for every United Match for about 5 years. Then Fox Sports got the rights...Little by little it caught on

I read the article in the Guardian on how the Sounders Saved the Seahawks - that alone is worth the Season Tix price.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jan/14/how-soccer-saved-the-seattle-seahawks

One other point - It costs me more for two pairs of Seahawks tix than my Sounders Season Tickets this year.
Hoping one day blue pride membership pays off.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":3cgbccdq said:
Uncle Si":3cgbccdq said:
Mata is not a PL player. any team is better with him not on it. (even Leicester move too fast for him).

Really?
So that's why the Express TODAY ran a story naming him the best Dead Ball Kicker in the history of the Premier League?

They should have checked with you first! :lol:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...vid-Beckham-Premier-League-Stats-Stars-Latest

well, me and Jose

I just dont rate him Seab. honest question, would you replace him with say Fabregas? what about Cazorla? Lallana? Schneiderlin?

maybe he can hit a deadball. i find it hard to believe he was better than Bale, Ronaldo or Gerrard (in his prime). But he moves slow through the middle, cant defend and seems to make slow decisions.

Maybe he'd make West Ham better :)

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":cxacxork said:

Are you Sounders Fans?
Casual follower etc?

Casual.

I was part of the "old guard". went to Sounders games in the Kingdome back in the late 70s, early 80s. went to their camps, played in their pre-game skills contests, etc. once they left, picked up the English league (my youth coach was in the Liverpool academy, or so he says, so Liverpool really was the only team i knew. this was 1984. not many English games on the TV then. they did run the table in the Seattle PI Sports section once a week though)

I am now "employed" by Sporting, so in that sense I do follow them. My club is an affiliate, so we work somewhat with their youth side, and they give us all kinds of gear. i like the atmosphere of the games, just not a fan of the product.

Have been going to alot of MN United (NASL) games the past couple years. Saw them play the Swans last summer. Fun times, when the weather is right.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2usejmzv said:
Seabhac":2usejmzv said:
Uncle Si":2usejmzv said:
I just dont rate him Seab. honest question, would you replace him with say Fabregas? what about Cazorla? Lallana? Schneiderlin?

maybe he can hit a deadball. i find it hard to believe he was better than Bale, Ronaldo or Gerrard (in his prime). But he moves slow through the middle, cant defend and seems to make slow decisions.

Well he is what we got - He wouldn't make my top 50 united midfielders

Uncle Si

Reaction score
i wouldnt want him starting in Liverpool's midfield. and that says alot.

whose your top 10 United mids of all time? i want to see if you're right :)

Smurf

Reaction score
Seabhac":een8eay0 said:
Smurf":een8eay0 said:
Seabhac":een8eay0 said:

Are you Sounders Fans?
Casual follower etc?

Yes, since 2010.

Section 122 since 2012
I've been a United Fan for many years, but I am enjoying supporting the local team.

When I moved to the US in 1985 Football (Soccer) was a non-entity. I used to have to pay $20 Bucks a week to "Hennessy Headquarters" in New York to Have the Premier League Weekly Videotapes mailed to me.
I moved to Seattle in 94 after the World Cup. There was talk of an MLS team and I was very excited about the prospect of seeing football played locally at a decent level. Right around that time, the Geroge and Dragon opened and that was (and probably still is) the best Soccer Pub in North America. - I was there for every United Match for about 5 years. Then Fox Sports got the rights...Little by little it caught on

I read the article in the Guardian on how the Sounders Saved the Seahawks - that alone is worth the Season Tix price.
http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jan/14/how-soccer-saved-the-seattle-seahawks

One other point - It costs me more for two pairs of Seahawks tix than my Sounders Season Tickets this year.

Upper or lower 122? I sit with the ECS is 121.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9jpyh2a2 said:
i wouldnt want him starting in Liverpool's midfield. and that says alot.

whose your top 10 United mids of all time? i want to see if you're right :)

My Favorites

1:George Best
2:Roy Keane
3:Steve Copell
4:Ronaldo
5:Bryan Robson
6:Giggsy
7:Scholes
8:Sammy McIlroy
9:Gerry Daly
10: Lou Macari

Seabhac

Reaction score
Smurf":22t7btht said:
Seabhac":22t7btht said:
Smurf":22t7btht said:
Seabhac":22t7btht said:

Are you Sounders Fans?
Casual follower etc?

Yes, since 2010.

Section 122 since 2012

Upper or lower 122? I sit with the ECS is 121.

Upper 122 Row DD