EPL 2014-15 Season

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1o5qm7aj said:
I hate Chelsea. I despise Arsenal. I wish horrible thing on United.

Kittens and rainbows compared to my feelings about 90 minutes of scoreless soccer...

I was forever blowin bubbles till they let Wank U back in it.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Batshit Balotelli ensures that pool fans wont be walking alone tonite!

Spurs sure cocked that one up, eh?

:stirthepot: Who saw what I did there?

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1hwiwkle said:
Seabhac":1hwiwkle said:
[vine]OUejVTgxPL5[/vine]

Does every Arsenal fan sound like the lead singer of the Streets?

I don't know, but I find the strange urge to go buy a stone island jacket now, that's for sure.

Storts

Reaction score
No idea how to react properly to that, feeling gutted, draw would have been a fair result but we could easily have nicked that as well. Lets get this straight, this isn't a Tottenham team of old, they kept fighting, they kept coming back and you could tell there was belief across the whole team. Unfortunately one of those nights where things don't go our way and the players were just a little too tired. You could tell that the schedule caught up with them finally in the last twenty minutes. Saturday's performance had taken it out on them and although their efforts were valiant, they couldn't quite see it through.

Saying that, Poch's subs ruined it for us. Paulinho's first contribution was to bottle a 50/50, set the tone for the rest of his performance. Desperately needed Stambouli to be fit to come off the bench. Chadli was at fault for the winner. Didn't track his man at all, as Eriksen would have done, and let them get the cross in. His goals and assists have covered up the fact he doesn't work anywhere near as hard as he should off the ball. Mystery taking off Eriksen as well, the man that scores late goals for fun. I know he was tired but we have 9 days till our next game, think he could have played another 10 minutes. Soldado is just a pointless sub as well, did he even touch the ball?

Compare to where these two teams were last year and the improvement is monumental, we are no worse than them at all, competed in a very equal game and on another day we win that. Gutted to lose because they get within a point of us, but we must move on. Only played 6 teams twice and three of those are Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Got a great opportunity to go on another run now starting with West Ham.

Don't want to spoil what was a great game but Dowd was absolutely atrocious, for both teams at times, but generally incredibly biased against us. 8 bookings or something ridiculous. It wasn't that sort of game at all, just handing out fouls and cards for no reason. That's 4 games in a row he's given a penalty against us for Liverpool. That is crazy, got sucked in by Liverpool. Also how can he give a penalty on Sturridge and then not the one on Kane first half? Mignolet got nowhere near the ball and took out Kane. He should not be allowed to ref at this level.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/RossLFC95/status/565262006211837952[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RossLFC95/status/565262229600493569[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/RossLFC95/status/565274054421393409[/tweet]

Typical...

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Was a great game Storts. And yes, that could've gone any way. Massive 3 points and the race for 3/4 gets tighter. Both clubs coming on strong.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
It's going to be a great finish to the season. It will be even better if we can keep Paulinho off the pitch.

It looks like anyone from Southampton, United, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal has a good shot at 3rd and 4th. City still have work to do as well.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":tsq5fxjx said:
Hawkspur":tsq5fxjx said:
It's going to be a great finish to the season. It will be even better if we can keep Paulinho off the pitch.

It looks like anyone from Southampton, United, Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal has a good shot at 3rd and 4th. City still have work to do as well.

Yeah, City are slipping big time here. In a couple of weeks, we could be talking about the battle for 2nd. 6 teams fighting for 3 places, should be epic.

The form the top 6 are in of late is ridiculous. West Ham and Southampton have dropped, but since late November the form table is Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal, United, City, Chelsea, with Liverpool a 4 point lead over Chelsea with a game in the plus.

That's tight.

On Liverpool, as peaches said, the Summer signings are starting to show their quality. This is a far different side than the Fall. The new formation has brought the best in players, including Sahko, Skrtel and Coutinho. The injection of Can has stabilized the back line (Kane's goal was the first conceded in 419 minutes) and Markovic and Moreno have stretched the wings. Mignolet is a whole new keeper with a fluid, possessive 3 back system in front of him. Now, with Sturridge, if goals can come, the team could really be on a push.

On Spurs, many improvements and a fun group to watch. I still see similar fissures however. They are aggressive going forward, and that is in deep contrast to last season's languishing efforts with Soldado leading their attack. Kane is a monster at the moment (a true poacher) and his form allows Spurs to race forward. Immediately dangerous.

But their midfield is still shambles, and that backline seems to only want to illustrate the world class of Lloris. A fit Sturridge probably ends that match within the first 15 minutes. The midfield (inlcuding Ericksen, who's only contributions again are free kicks) couldn't push past a Henderson/Gerrard pairing. Once Can moved up for Gerrard, Spurs attacking movements were done (a sign of the future).

All in all, a fascinating match. I don't necessarily agree that a draw was in the cards. I thought Liverpool a bit better throughout. But Spurs showed no signs of rolling over when hit, which is a massive change from even earlier in the year.

I think both teams offer a fantastic quality to their games that aren't being seen anywhere else right now. Hyperbole or not, Chelsea, United, Arsenal, City don't offer the same paces going forward, and only Chelsea and Liverpool seem organized in the back (yeah, Liverpool is organized in the back). February/March will loom very large with European fixtures coming

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1j8kcgym said:
Of course, United keep skipping by with ridiculously jammie last-minute goals and stupid bouts of luck. I don't rate what Van Gaal has done so far, Falcao is unimpressive, RVP is way past his best, as is Rooney, Di Maria is their best outfield player, but he's not being used correctly, Mata isn't great, Fellaini still sucks, Januzaj sucks now too. De Gea is far and away their best player this season. Without De Gea, they're sitting in probably 8th place right now, without a hope in hell of making the CL.

They will have to spend all the money from the Summer of 2014 again in the Summer of 2015. And I don't think LVG will be around beyond 2015 to see any of it take shape. His ridiculous rant regarding Big Sam's long ball comments are inexplicable. Right now, they are taking advantage of the poor starts by Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool. I don't think they have the horses to hold on.

Of course, it can all change. I'd be interested to hear from Seab or Smurf on who of the current United squad they would like held over. De Gea is certainly in Spain next season.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I do like De Gea. He is one of those keepers whose time should have come along time ago. It is one of those rare occasions where United are not big enough for the player. He deserves to be the #1 at Real and the #1 for Spain.

Seabhac

Reaction score
Uncle Si":6p4g68wg said:
I do like De Gea. He is one of those keepers whose time should have come along time ago. It is one of those rare occasions where United are not big enough for the player. He deserves to be the #1 at Real and the #1 for Spain.

Not Big enough? That's a joke , right?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Seabhac":tdtxab7t said:
Uncle Si":tdtxab7t said:

Not Big enough? That's a joke , right?

Not in terms of competing with Real and Barca (or Bayern), right? I don't think this is a stretch of logic. Not meant to be a damning statement or to trash United. I think it is the cold reality of where those three teams are compared to the rest of the world.

Smurf

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1tlo891h said:
peachesenregalia":1tlo891h said:
Of course, United keep skipping by with ridiculously jammie last-minute goals and stupid bouts of luck. I don't rate what Van Gaal has done so far, Falcao is unimpressive, RVP is way past his best, as is Rooney, Di Maria is their best outfield player, but he's not being used correctly, Mata isn't great, Fellaini still sucks, Januzaj sucks now too. De Gea is far and away their best player this season. Without De Gea, they're sitting in probably 8th place right now, without a hope in hell of making the CL.

They will have to spend all the money from the Summer of 2014 again in the Summer of 2015. And I don't think LVG will be around beyond 2015 to see any of it take shape. His ridiculous rant regarding Big Sam's long ball comments are inexplicable. Right now, they are taking advantage of the poor starts by Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool. I don't think they have the horses to hold on.

Of course, it can all change. I'd be interested to hear from Seab or Smurf on who of the current United squad they would like held over. De Gea is certainly in Spain next season.

Anyone who Van Gaal has purchased will be here another season or more.

Other than that, Rooney I don't see going anywhere. If he was going to have left, he would have already. He's a two club man I'm thinkin.

I think Phil Jones is decent, but dude cant stay fit. He's a bit like Wilshere and Ramsey in that way.

I really like Janazaj, but I fear he will leave.

De Gea is just about in Spain. I'd take Bale for him.

Other than that, Not too attached to any players. Many could leave. Many could stay.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Bale of De Gea? is that all? Not Ronaldo as well?

I could see Mata going. Fellaini maybe (but LvG uses him). Falcao is gone.

That said, the rest of the squad is aging and rather middling, which leaves a ridiculous indebted club left to shill out another huge expenditure in the Summer to get better.

Still tough times ahead for United. Outplayed by Burnley last night, at home.

(I am enjoying myself as I type this ofcourse. Liverpool's play has improved greatly, so I feel better. Still 5 points behind United for some damned reason.. oh yeah.. October)