EPL 2014-15 Season

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
This is equivalent to watching prize fighters standing in the middle of the ring and just slugging it out. Everton has been great to respond to Chelsea since the quick two goals at the beginning of the match.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ridiculous match..
now Eto'o's in on it

and another...

its real life FIFA

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
This match is insane. Chelsea goes up 4-2 and wouldn't you know it, Everton answers back within minutes to make it 4-3. As I type this, Chelsea scores another to make it 5-3.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":jobqp643 said:
was wrong about Costa...atlhough he's acting like a petulant little child at the moment. still, hes an energetic, slashing runner off the ball.

My issue with Fabregas is his lack of energy in defending, and we are seeing it this afternoon. Any time a team can push Chelsea with the ball players like Fabregas are going to struggle. This is where Chelsea will be strongest. They can bring in Oscar, who I rate, to spell the game when Fabregas loses impact

Edit: Costa is a b--ch

Lol I hate Costa! I love having him on the team though..You are dead on about Fabregas pussying out on D...hope he can get that straightened out...what a luxury to have Oscar on the bench.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":1gfjvi2e said:
So anyway. How long until Van Beavis is chucked out at United? The fans are already turning on him and he's nto inspiring a lot of confidence in the players. Seems the media already dislike him, too. It'll be interesting to see the FA cup draw. If they get turfed out in the 3rd round by another lower-division team and they're still not winning much, he could be gone before christmas. I think his hire was a mistake. He's too stubborn and arrogant to understand that the PL is a whole different ball game to the leagues he's used to managing in. 3-5-2 with that personnel is rubbish, and will continue to be. If United are in the top 10 by Christmas, I'll be surprised.

Lmao! I dont know but it's like a soap opera...LVG is a drama queen and I am happy to see him burning in flames..I say three more losses and Howard Webb will be new coach! Seriously though, I think he will get some leeway, but how funny will be that if he is gone before season's end?

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Can't help but feel that if Man Utds form keeps up this season that the glory hunters will drop them in their droves. I'm 26 and for as long as I remember they have always been successful or at least competing in the league and Europe. Their fans must have been spoiled by success and the last two years have been a wake up call. It's easy to support a team when all they know is success, lets see how they deal with adversity.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":nzlutrz9 said:
Can't help but feel that if Man Utds form keeps up this season that the glory hunters will drop them in their droves. I'm 26 and for as long as I remember they have always been successful or at least competing in the league and Europe. Their fans must have been spoiled by success and the last two years have been a wake up call. It's easy to support a team when all they know is success, lets see how they deal with adversity.

exactly! Oh well, they had a good ride...

as far as I go, I'm Not Racist, I only Hate Mancs!

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":2s8hqhq9 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":2s8hqhq9 said:

exactly! Oh well, they had a good ride...

as far as I go, I'm Not Racist, I only Hate Mancs!

on a serious note, I see Liverpool being a threat, and Arsenal...Balotelli is going rip EPL watch

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":f8m4l35m said:
Moreno...

Holy shit!

Fantastic stuff there.

Good 3 points. Comfortable for the most part. Balo looked good on his debut.

Satisfied with 6 of 9.

Think we may nab another cback and keeper before tomorrow is over

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3v65a686 said:

This is what happened to Liverpool in the 80's. As my Uncle said then, it's someone else's time to shine.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2kzelfb2 said:
Unimpressed by Arsenal here. Sanchez' goal was a bit flukey, and Leicester have looked the more dangerous side going forward. Arsenal really need to bring a striker in by tomorrow, because Sanogo isn't going to cut it.

I agree, Sanogo is not good enough for where Arsenal want to be.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3rscjicr said:
peachesenregalia":3rscjicr said:
Unimpressed by Arsenal here. Sanchez' goal was a bit flukey, and Leicester have looked the more dangerous side going forward. Arsenal really need to bring a striker in by tomorrow, because Sanogo isn't going to cut it.

I agree, Sanogo is not good enough for where Arsenal want to be.

no he is fine! :stirthepot:

Nog

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":7imgo2ei said:
Sanogo has no talents. I've seen him in the youth french teams and Auxerre. Never been impressed. That's what I called a "tout droit" (ask Uncle Si if you wanna know what does that mean :lol: )

Smurf

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":fwilmn1v said:
UK_Seahawk":fwilmn1v said:
Glasgow Seahawk":fwilmn1v said:

This is what happened to Liverpool in the 80's. As my Uncle said then, it's someone else's time to shine.

You mean the 90's. And yes, I agree. It's a downward spiral. We brought in Souness who set the team back years with poor league position, then the knock-on effect just continued. We had some high points with Houllier and Benitez, but never got back to the way it was and have had to build a team the hard way. United are going to find themselves in a similar position after this season, because there are at least 6 teams who are better than they are right now, and should be for the remainder of the season. No CL football for a second year in a row is going to cause havoc. Say goodbye to the likes of RVP, Di Maria, Blind, Mata, etc. Also look out for FFP and sponsorship trouble, as united's brand starts failing when the plastic fans jump off the bandwagon. Liverpool experienced it for sure after 1990, although United's support will maintain it's core just like Liverpool's did.

SInce Benitez left Liverpool have spent - for the most part (Kenny notwithstanding) - pretty wisely. THere have been some flops, but they've also gotten great value in other areas, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez, Moreno, Manquillo, etc. THis is what United will have to do. Stop going after all the big names to keep the fans happy, and start buying promising young talent at a good price. Build a team that functions well together and grows together, not a bunch of overpaid Di Maria's who all want their own personal glory. United's wage bill must be atrocious right now.
It is. This is going to be the most expensive 10th place side in history.

Adding Falcao to the mix. Wtf.

Uggggg

OP
OP
Gatehawk

Gatehawk

Reaction score
Nog":3c5nac65 said:
peachesenregalia":3c5nac65 said:
Sanogo has no talents. I've seen him in the youth french teams and Auxerre. Never been impressed. That's what I called a "tout droit" (ask Uncle Si if you wanna know what does that mean :lol: )

To me, Sanogo is just way to raw. He's shown he has potential in bits and pieces of some of his appearances, but it's like for 5 seconds and nothing else. He's incredibly awkward at times and quite honestly, it's nearly impossible to defend him in any way shape or form any more.

Nog

Reaction score
Gatehawk":3mgjer8c said:
Nog":3mgjer8c said:
peachesenregalia":3mgjer8c said:

To me, Sanogo is just way to raw. He's shown he has potential in bits and pieces of some of his appearances, but it's like for 5 seconds and nothing else. He's incredibly awkward at times and quite honestly, it's nearly impossible to defend him in any way shape or form any more.
I guess I should watch more Arsenal games then...

Latest posts