EPL 2015-16 Season

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SomersetHawk":3pdcmnir said:
peachesenregalia":3pdcmnir said:

Ridiculous game, I don't know what i just listened to.
Like the guy on TV said, Parental Controls should've been enabled on that game because the defending wasn't suitable for the eyes of children.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3gwlyz10 said:
Uncle Si":3gwlyz10 said:
peachesenregalia":3gwlyz10 said:

Wembley

Aye. hopefully Alex Teixeira and Matip to come.

And a CM in the Summer... this team needs some fresh blood. I don't think they are as far off as others, just hit by the injury bug and lack a proper CM and attacking player.. Tex, Matip and maybe Xhaka. If Sturridge never gets fit I suppose that position needs filling as well.

I do think if Couts, Lovren/Skrtel and one of Ings/Origi had remained fit the team would be a bit higher up the table. Not top 4 (Spurs are deserving of their place) but not that far off.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
London12":278b6jf5 said:
So, Leicester. Are they for real?

They are. Very similar to Liverpool (in terms of players) a couple years ago. Get forward with confidence, creativity and balance. Just enough defensively. Arsenal and United (and Chelsea I guess) all that's really left on their schedule.

Only thing that slows them is an injury to Vardy or Mahrez.

I'm pulling for them

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":68yl77gk said:
London12":68yl77gk said:
So, Leicester. Are they for real?

They are. Very similar to Liverpool (in terms of players) a couple years ago. Get forward with confidence, creativity and balance. Just enough defensively. Arsenal and United (and Chelsea I guess) all that's really left on their schedule.

Only thing that slows them is an injury to Vardy or Mahrez.

I'm pulling for them

Me too....I wonder if I was not just a casual fan when I first started watching the Prem, what team in what division would have I come up supporting? Would it be one of these minnows? Chelsea was it for me.

But no denying Leicester. Feel-good story. Cant help but root for the underdog!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Underdog... But they can play. Really remind me of Liverpools squad two years ago. 2 prolific scorers, some good players behind them exceeding expectations, scoring tons of goals and always looking like they'll concede just as many.

Big difference here is the manager. Ranieri won't piss this away like Rodgers did. If Leicester don't do it it will come down to simply running out of gas. They won't be out coached certainly, and rarely out played.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Big Sunday in the prem.

Thought the refs ruled the day, and maybe played far too big a role in the title chase

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Guess who's coming to town?

Conte kiss gif rovid

Here’s what Andrea Pirlo, had to say about the man himself in his book ‘I Think Therefore I Play’:

‘I consider myself particularly fortunate: I know Antonio Conte. I’ve worked with a lot of coaches in my time, and he’s the one who surprised me the most. One little speech, a few simple words, was all it took for him to win me over. Me and the whole of Juventus, a planet we disembarked on pretty much at the same time. On the first day of our training camp up in the mountains at Bardonecchia, he got everyone together in the gym to introduce himself. He had some venom ready for us and the altitude wasn’t causing him any trouble. I suppose that’s just how vipers roll.

"Lads, we’ve finished seventh each of the last two seasons. Crazy stuff; absolutely appalling. I’ve not come here for that. It’s time we stopped being crap."

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
we won!
hggbmc2lwvx1jor0zdbw.gif

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Great weekend...

Lots of goals, lots of controversy, some great goalkeeping, scoring and some very resolute play.

Most of all, the atmosphere across the stadiums was amazing. If you wonder how the BPL can attract 800 million viewers to a match on a Sunday turn up the volume on Arsenal-Spurs highlights. Kane's goal nearly tears a hole in the sky.

Leicester have extended their lead. Spurs look like they might finally trump Arsenal and still have a very important match with the league leaders coming. West Ham is truly in for European soccer, Liverpool gain a little ground on City and United's kids finally get pegged back a bit.

Whole host of new heroes in the league this year. Great stuff

http://www.timesoccer.com/video/011/20-arsenal-vs-tottenham-live-highlights.html

SeatownJay

Reaction score
So Zlatan has said he will not be returning to PSG next year and is rumored to be interested in moving to the EPL. So, who's going to throw boatloads of money at him, Man U, Man City, or Chelsea?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":er2z37so said:
I miss GatePacker. I wish he were here to be my emotional punching bag. Arsenal's inevitable collapse this season has been extra-special.

My favorite GatePacker moment was the selfie from mom's basement with the handwritten sign about finishing above Spurs. Apparently thats a holiday to those guys. He's fun. Needs to come back.

Run in looks really enticing. Top spot still up for grabs. Spots 3 and 4 legitimately up for grabs as well if the weekend pans out a certain way.

Europa league still has some quality matches left in it. Champs league quarters will have some fantastic ties as well.

Could be a really entertaining Spring

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2c3u8cur said:
Uncle Si":2c3u8cur said:
peachesenregalia":2c3u8cur said:
I miss GatePacker. I wish he were here to be my emotional punching bag. Arsenal's inevitable collapse this season has been extra-special.

My favorite GatePacker moment was the selfie from mom's basement with the handwritten sign about finishing above Spurs. Apparently thats a holiday to those guys. He's fun. Needs to come back.

Run in looks really enticing. Top spot still up for grabs. Spots 3 and 4 legitimately up for grabs as well if the weekend pans out a certain way.

Europa league still has some quality matches left in it. Champs league quarters will have some fantastic ties as well.

Could be a really entertaining Spring

Yeah, I agree. I'd say spots 3-4 are being fought for by 5 teams, legitimately. City look like they're just phoning it in for the rest of the season with Pellegrini, Arsenal are having their usual collapse, United are still the same woefully inconsistent boring team they've been all year, West Ham are deceptively dangerous, and Liverpool are on the rise under Klopp. Would love to see us keep progressing in the EL, and continue to climb in the league. 4th is still a big ask, but we're 7 points back with a game in hand. Worse places to be in.

Hope Benitez can keep Newcastle from the drop. Villa going down is crazy. they've been in every Premier League season since it's inception. Top-flight mainstays, going down.

And a team that was in 20th at this exact date last season the odds on favorite to win the league this year.

The Prem may finally be legitimizing itself competitively.

I'd say right now, on form, West Ham is a better team than City and United, with those two squaring off this weekend.

If Arsenal lose or draw, City/United draw and West Ham and/or Liverpool get 3 points there will be a real race for the last spots.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Leicester for no reason other than I want a team from someplace other than Manchester or London to win the title for once.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
The most romantic Premier League season ever and I had to bump this shit from March 20th? Come on guys! Big game tonight, Spurs have to win this one. 14/1 on West Brom to win if gambling isn't banned where you are. Looks a ridiculous price.

Latest posts