EPL 2015-16 Season

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score

Uncle Si

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":p2k2gy4j said:
Uncle Si":p2k2gy4j said:
Thread is sort of dying (as the EPL is boring at the moment)

Found this article on developing the first US superstar. Worth a read... comments section has some intelligent thoughts as well.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/who-will-develop-the-first-great-american-soccer-star-1671839617

Gboly Ariyibi scored for USA U-23 the other day. Seems to be getting better.

He's the one at Chesterfield, no?

Hows he doing there?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":2lbkc2w9 said:
Strong rumors that Rodgers is hanging onto his job by a thread at the moment and FSG have already made contact with Ancelotti. I'd be chuffed to bits if that switch happened, tbh.

I'm officially over Rodgers. I've tried and tried to remain hopeful he could turn it around, but its not happening. He's a mid tier manager and has the club achieving just that. It may be harsh and unfair, but it doesn't appear the players feel any different as well.

He's a confusing man to listen to and follow. Tactically, the team is always in some form of transition. He has never once set his team up to play the way he said he viewed the game should be played when he initially took over. His player purchases, development and relationships are also confusing. He buys players that fit a certain mold, plays them outside that mold, then sends them off with barely a chance.

He has yet to take action or accountability for the team's poor play, nor truly adjust to the rigors of the PL. Liverpool is not a job one can learn how to manage at. Its frustrating, but that's where its at.

Unfortunately, FSG are known for their patience. I'm hoping its worn thin at this point and the club can bring in a manager with the requisite experience it deserves.

That said, I don't think they've "spoken" to Ancelotti. That's not real news that gets leaked to the press, especially on game day.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1enqnap8 said:
UK_Seahawk":1enqnap8 said:
Uncle Si":1enqnap8 said:

Found this article on developing the first US superstar. Worth a read... comments section has some intelligent thoughts as well.

http://screamer.deadspin.com/who-will-develop-the-first-great-american-soccer-star-1671839617

Gboly Ariyibi scored for USA U-23 the other day. Seems to be getting better.

He's the one at Chesterfield, no?

Hows he doing there?

He's doing Ok so far. His career seems to be deciding which way to go at the minute. He has the talent and skill to go all the way, he needs to apply it better and make better choices on the ball.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Uncle Si":sowl1yll said:

Bumping this a bit... USSF is imposing two new rules on youth soccer by 2017.

One: Birth year teams. All youth soccer will be birthyear now. For those not in the know, only DAs played birth year. Everyone else assigned age groups (U16 for example) as being born Aug 1, 1998 to July 31, 1999. This will make a massive difference in the way clubs set up their competitive programs

Two: USSF has imposed a 100 mile radius on its DA rosters. This means that you cannot roster players whose home address is outside that radius. MLS academies (who are in the DAs from U14-U18) will circumvent the rule with their housing programs. Impact here is that the MLS DAs will have a much broader recruiting area to pull from and be far more attractive to top players.

The USSF serves to identify teams from national duty. I think they have done their self a disservice here, but in the end it will be better for soccer player development in the US.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Did I tell you guys I love the Cocks?

Kane for life, son!

Edit: Raheem, take some more quid and pay for a proper haircut.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
I wish Rodgers would pipe down...Take the three points and move forward.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Don't want to jinx it...but a certain team is currently beating a team that is favored. Be still my beating heart.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The spirit of Eva endures.... And she's pissed off

Gio

Reaction score
Chelsea is very bad this year !!
I belive EPL final ranking will be
1. Man city
2.Arsenal or United
3. Arsenal or United
4. Liverpool (maybe)
5. Chelsea