Everyone's Coming Back to Run it Back

OP
OP
W

Welshers

TwistedHusky":1henvppo said:
Not according to the great Bill Parcells:

"You are what your record says you are."
OK. And next season we will have a better record.

LTH

Reaction score
keasley45":1a44t8in said:
Fingers crossed Russ sees the potential the offense has and chooses facilitating what Waldron brings instead of the MVP chase.

He looked good today.

He did look good today... I'm hoping that this year was a wake up call for him.

Usually I would be sad looking at how this year has gone but I'm not.

I think this is a very well coached football team that has a lot of pride... I see upside to this team I'm looking forward to a VERY interesting off season...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Welshers":3bpdp1x9 said:
TwistedHusky":3bpdp1x9 said:
Not according to the great Bill Parcells:

"You are what your record says you are."
OK. And next season we will have a better record.
''

By a game or two maybe.

xray

Reaction score
Winning the last 2 games will make it difficult for ownership to decide on any changes , let alone big changes . Carroll will be assuring Jody Allen that everything is great and there are no real problems with the team and she will believe him . Carroll is lucky to have an owner that knows little about football and trusts him to run the team without interference from her . Things couldn't be better in ' Carroll-Land ' , just ask him .

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, it was a hell of a way to finish the season. Especially knocking the Cards out of the division title. They had everything to play for and the Hawks spoiled it. Good stuff. And considering that the Hawks handed them 14 points on turnovers, and Everett dropped an easy TD (another 4 points off the board by settling for a FG), that's 18 right there they squandered. Difference is, this time they fought thru and got the job done.
To me, they overachieved last year, didn't really look like a 12-4 team, just my opinion. But the fact is that they DID win most of those close games in 2020. Total opposite in 2021. 5 games they should have won. Saints, Steelers, WFT, Bears and Titans. Losing Russ for 3 games and then it taking a couple months to finally looked healed up didn't help. But, on to next season. Still pretty damn proud at how hard they played to finish the season. 7-10 flat out sucks, but they certainly didn't just fold tent. All in how you look at it, and I would LOVE to see a change at head coach, but I just don't see it happening. And while it COULD HAPPEN, I don't see Russ being traded. Unless they get some crazy offer they can't refuse. Just an opinion.

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
xray":11k2881u said:
Winning the last 2 games will make it difficult for ownership to decide on any changes , let alone big changes . Carroll will be assuring Jody Allen that everything is great and there are no real problems with the team and she will believe him . Carroll is lucky to have an owner that knows little about football and trusts him to run the team without interference from her . Things couldn't be better in ' Carroll-Land ' , just ask him .

None of us really know what Allen will do. We know so little I wouldn't presume to say what she does and does not know.

For example, you may not understand football very well, but if you can digest trend analysis, some bottom line statistics and disregard emotional points (like recency bias), then the need for change is very, very clear.

And that's before Allen talks to Wilson.

No, at this point I would not presume anything about Allen.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Someone’s got to go because everyone on the current roster wants more money. We can’t pay everyone.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3a8trqja said:
Someone’s got to go because everyone on the current roster wants more money. We can’t pay everyone.

Thats going to be Wagner.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Welshers":24f95bmg said:
Pete, Russ, the whole crew. This team was a couple plays from the playoffs. An injury screwed them over. But at the end of the day they were a very good team. Everyone is coming back and we're going to make a run at the SB next year
A run at the SB next year?

The defense is definitely not ready for that!

ZagHawk

Reaction score
DarkVictory23":fpmfdzju said:
This team is very similar to the 12-4 team last year... but that's the problem.

We got to 12-4 by catching every break there was and winning every close game. Now we've lost all of them. But the issue is, that 12-4 team got embarassed in the playoffs.

This team, had we made it, would have gotten likely embarassed in the playoffs. If our goal is to just be a one-and-done playoff team by hoping every FG and ref call goes our way, sure, we could probably run it back, but is that the extent of what we want?

This.

Chapow

Reaction score
Sac":4hhlwzsr said:
Seahawks lost 5 games by one score this year. Just food for thought.

Lions lost 5 games by 4 points or less this year and had a tie at Pittsburgh. I suppose they might not be as bad as their record would indicate, but they still suck and they're still one of the worst teams in the league. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think there's a lot of recency bias going on with this fanbase right now because we looked awfully good in our last 2 games. It was a great way to finish an otherwise very disappointing season. So that's nice and all, but it doesn't erase how incredibly poorly this team was playing for much of the season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
One of the worst teams in the league? Nah. Middle of the season, absolutely.
This team is better than it's record.

Being called a homer and that I'm somehow satisfied with a 7-10 season in 3....2.....1.......

GaiusMarius

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2rqjx4f0 said:

Being called a homer and that I'm somehow satisfied with a 7-10 season in 3....2.....1.......

I don't think that's being a homer. Not at all. Even out some luck and this year's team could have been 9-8. I don't think we're that good mind you, but the record could have been better. Last year I don't think we were nearly as good as our 12-4 record. It happens.

What we have is a decidedly middle of the road Seahawks team. I also think we have seen close to the floor (this year) and ceiling of what Carroll can bring.

Those happy with that (the ceiling being a winning record and playoff appearance, but NOT a deep run) will want the band back together next year. Those who want more and are willing to upset the apple cart want big changes.

The clay we start with is mediocre. Not awful, but not great.

Chapow

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3cuon564 said:

C'mon man. Really? Re-read my post.

I'm not sure how much more clear it could have been that I was referring to the Lions as one of the worst teams in the league, not the Seahawks.

Seymour

Reaction score
LTH":375ogr95 said:
Amazing at how much better this team is than their record

Under achieving doesn't bode well for Pete.....PERIOD.

Seymour

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ldp4o7i said:

Trade Percy Adams then!!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Sorry Chapow, I thought you were talking about the Hawks. Clearly you were talking about the Lions. What can I say, I missed that one like a perfectly thrown ball to Butterfingers Everett.

I'm getting old :mrgreen:

olyfan63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3ty8n8b3 said:
LTH":3ty8n8b3 said:
Amazing at how much better this team is than their record
Greatest 7-10 team ever right? Lol.

Correction 1: Greatest 7-10 team ever to miss the playoffs.
Correction 2: Actually, based on head-to-head results, you'd have to say WFT was the greatest 7-10 non-playoff team ever. Sadly, we have to say, 2021 Seahawks were "in the all time top 2 best teams of all 7-10 teams that didn't make the playoffs".

The year the Hawks made the playoffs and won (Beastquake game), if they had instead lost, the team would have been 7-10. I dunno if another 7-9 team ever made it but lost in the first round to finish 7-10.

:irishdrinkers:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
This team to move forward has to make big changes. Returning to a broken system doesn’t help anyone. Not the fans, not Russell who is concerned about his legacy, or for Pete in which every passing year fans sour on him more and more.

Latest posts