Expectations for the rest of the season

zetes

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":c8ycxftg said:
Same as before the season started. 10 to 12 wins with the usual early exit in the playoffs. The early quick start smoke and mirrors shouldnt have fooled anybody. This is the same old Seahawks from the past few years.

I had a more detailed post but it didnt post and I lost all of it so I decided to just quote you since it is the jist of what I said. I didnt put in "same old Seahawks" because posters will go crazy over that.
11-5 or 12-5 depending on if they play starters week 17. I think they probably lose 2 of the next 3 (win at Buffalo) and this forum goes crazy. We lead NFC West but are 0-3 in the division. But we win against Cardinals and then 3 more before losing to Washington and their crazy DL pass rush. This is the pattern of last few years and based on the fatal flaw of a terrible defense without Jamal Adam's. Injuries arent done for the season either so the lack of Depth will be crazy bad come mid December and January.
Z.

PNW

Reaction score
11-5 early playoff exit, unless we trade for some key D-line, i don’t have much faith that the front office will make any moves

Atradees

Reaction score
Sure is weird how the front office made minimum moves of substance on the D Line this year.

Early playoff exit but it is gonna be quite the show until then with the Fireworks on offense.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The NFC West is weird this year in that all the teams in the division span from good to very good, but just as there aren't any okay teams or bad teams I don't think there are any great teams in the division this year either.

Without there being any great teams in the division the Seahawks easily have the best QB in the division so they have the best team in the division too.

So far the Seahawks have two quality wins (against the Falcons and Dolphins) and are 3-1 in one score games.

So let's just bracket out the quality of the teams they've faced and the quality of their last ten opponents, and let's keep them at this pace.

That's 3 more quality wins, and we're going put them at .500 for the one score games, which is 7, but we'll make them 4-3 in those one score games rather than 3-4 b/c they're otherwise an above average team rather than a below average team (they're on the positives side of chance.)

Add everything back together and at the end of the year this puts them at 12-4. Because football is football say 11-5 or 13-3 if you want, but I think they're on pace to end up at 12-4, which IMO they'll win the division with.

I think the one hiccup with this is that the Seahawks have been winning by Wilson playing at a totally unsustainable pace. Like, he can (and will) slow down and still easily win the MVP. Once you start fiddling with those dials though I think it's unfair to fiddle with them in one direction and not consider all the counter-fiddling you could do in the other direction, so I'll just stick with 12-4 and winning the division as a prediction. :lol:

iigakusei

Reaction score
My expectation is we will have statistically the worst defense in the history of the NFL. The Seahawks are a sub .500 team masked by the absolute brilliance of their QB (albeit a terrible 2nd half performance last night). Definitely entertaining to watch at least.

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Hawkpower":rqti9gpu said:
zchurch74":rqti9gpu said:
10-6 at the best. But more likely 9-7 and make the last seed in playoffs but lose first game.

You think this team is going 4-6 down the stretch?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do realize we have games left against the Jets.....Redskins......Giants......Eagles........

:D :D :D :D :D
And we needed a miraculous come back at home (albeit deserted) to beat the vikings. We play up and down to our opponents way too often. People were calling the Cards game easy and see where that got us.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
16-0... I think the cardinals are going to have to forfeit their win because they clearly didn't deserve to take away that win from Lockett.

Latest posts