Fans of the Seahawks, be proud of what you've endured

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
AgentDib":1s2pyrg7 said:
Plenty of that stuff was indeed very bad, but come on we were still 9-7 and a couple of kicks away from 11-5. If that's rock bottom then we are ridiculously spoiled. I'm all for high expectations and optimism but having realistic expectations would go a long ways to making this place less toxic when we lose a game.

And that is EXACTLY what I am trying to improve.

Not just after games, though. All the time.

I want less of the 'doom and gloom' and more of the 'friendly atmosphere' around here. :2thumbs:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
original poster":92h0uuh7 said:
AgentDib":92h0uuh7 said:
Plenty of that stuff was indeed very bad, but come on we were still 9-7 and a couple of kicks away from 11-5. If that's rock bottom then we are ridiculously spoiled. I'm all for high expectations and optimism but having realistic expectations would go a long ways to making this place less toxic when we lose a game.

I want less of the 'doom and gloom' and more of the 'friendly atmosphere' around here. :2thumbs:
Nice post OP..
I notice in the first pic it looks like Aros to me in there(maybe not) and some of the other pics
are pretty cool.The Seahulk one made me laugh(Is he retired)?
I understand the gloom and toxic part ect .It seemed to pick up after those 2 SB years and I'm
not sure how much could have been done but really it has improved since then.
I'm looking foward to this season so we can shock some people but I'm not expecting a SB
and I will try to save any downer thoughts for after season.GO HAWKS!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
original poster":mla70fur said:
AgentDib":mla70fur said:

Then you must be taking happy pills, this board has always been this way to a variable of degrees, there no success that can't be dissected to find a fault and no failure that can't have a group find a positive in it and argue both till it has been beat to death.

But that also is why we get great posts with detailed breakdowns supporting aspects of arguements and help with better understanding of the team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Oh and as far as the bottom.

Seahawk Loading Dock1 440x340

The trucks loading to go to L.A.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
chris98251":82tu5pzh said:
original poster":82tu5pzh said:
AgentDib":82tu5pzh said:

Then you must be taking happy pills, this board has always been this way to a variable of degrees, there no success that can't be dissected to find a fault and no failure that can't have a group find a positive in it and argue both till it has been beat to death.

But that also is why we get great posts with detailed breakdowns supporting aspects of arguements and help with better understanding of the team.

So because it's always been like that we should just carry on as we are?

I disagree. Strongly.

Of course I don't have a problem with differing opinions, that's life. But in the words of many, this place has become toxic and just not 'fun'.

You can either join me in trying to improve it or you can sit down and shut up (figuratively speaking) and have no place to moan when more and more good posters leave and the place is left as a shadow of its former self.

This forum has a bad reputation. It has a reputation largely due to the negativity and seemingly people moaning for the sake of moaning. If you don't want this place to become the number 1 place for Seahawks fans to talk, discuss and debate about Seahawks related topics, you're probably part of the problem why it currently isn't the number 1 place to talk, discuss and debate.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
original poster":99mz6c40 said:
chris98251":99mz6c40 said:
original poster":99mz6c40 said:
AgentDib":99mz6c40 said:

So because it's always been like that we should just carry on as we are?

I disagree. Strongly.

Of course I don't have a problem with differing opinions, that's life. But in the words of many, this place has become toxic and just not 'fun'.

You can either join me in trying to improve it or you can sit down and shut up (figuratively speaking) and have no place to moan when more and more good posters leave and the place is left as a shadow of its former self.

This forum has a bad reputation. It has a reputation largely due to the negativity and seemingly people moaning for the sake of moaning. If you don't want this place to become the number 1 place for Seahawks fans to talk, discuss and debate about Seahawks related topics, you're probably part of the problem why it currently isn't the number 1 place to talk, discuss and debate.

Yup. It got to the point where people were not interested in discussing facts and solutions. They just wanted to complain . . . about everything. The constant complaining had a chilling effect on the participation and constructive nature of the board.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
It did, unfortunately.

But slowly but surely it seems to be going in the opposite direction and there seems to be far more interesting topics popping up with lots and lots (and lots!) of posters adding genuinely fantastic content. It's great to see, really is.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the negativity is next level. But I'm working on spending less time calling out the Debbie Downer crowd and just enjoying the page. One day at a time..... :lol:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
original poster":38b7no2q said:
It did, unfortunately.

But slowly but surely it seems to be going in the opposite direction and there seems to be far more interesting topics popping up with lots and lots (and lots!) of posters adding genuinely fantastic content. It's great to see, really is.

I agree with you, and while I'd love to know that you, OP, and other Mods have been providing more behind-the-scenes direction to the negative ones on what kind of posts will keep the place exciting to visit, and useful for all things Seahawks, I fear the positive change is the result of several other team changes:
1. The release of the main focus of negative talk: Bevell and Cable (and other assistants) I'm glad they're gone and we get a fresh start, but their departure brought great rejoicing from some of the most vocally negative, and far less to complain about. Secondary departures like Sherman and Bennett, both of whom are outspoken lightning rods for responses here, has contributed as well.
2. A new draft year: hope springs eternal in April for even the downerist of Debbies. Because we're not losing games right now, many feel that we have a chance to compete again. Losing games creates bad attitudes.
3. Pete and John drafted players that seem to harken back to the beginning of their tenure. We have much to be excited about.
4. The cap situation looks like it is under control, not descending toward deficit spending under large contracts.
5. Posters having enough with the hyperbole and emotion-based knee-jerk reactions are calling people on it, demanding facts to accompany the complaints. This should happen far more.
6. We kept Earl Thomas; good for most, bad thing for only a few.

We can be proud of the past decade of Hawks football, and we seem to be poised to keep the winning years going. I look forward to getting my Seahawk fix here--until we hit another run of poor games, and then it will all pick up again with the blame-game. Human nature, sadly.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":11gyj9t8 said:
original poster":11gyj9t8 said:
It did, unfortunately.

I agree with you, and while I'd love to know that you, OP, and other Mods have been providing more behind-the-scenes direction to the negative ones on what kind of posts will keep the place exciting to visit, and useful for all things Seahawks, I fear the positive change is the result of several other team changes:
1. The release of the main focus of negative talk: Bevell and Cable (and other assistants) I'm glad they're gone and we get a fresh start, but their departure brought great rejoicing from some of the most vocally negative, and far less to complain about. Secondary departures like Sherman and Bennett, both of whom are outspoken lightning rods for responses here, has contributed as well.
2. A new draft year: hope springs eternal in April for even the downerist of Debbies. Because we're not losing games right now, many feel that we have a chance to compete again. Losing games creates bad attitudes.
3. Pete and John drafted players that seem to harken back to the beginning of their tenure. We have much to be excited about.
4. The cap situation looks like it is under control, not descending toward deficit spending under large contracts.
5. Posters having enough with the hyperbole and emotion-based knee-jerk reactions are calling people on it, demanding facts to accompany the complaints. This should happen far more.
6. We kept Earl Thomas; good for most, bad thing for only a few.

We can be proud of the past decade of Hawks football, and we seem to be poised to keep the winning years going. I look forward to getting my Seahawk fix here--until we hit another run of poor games, and then it will all pick up again with the blame-game. Human nature, sadly.

Very good points, Ad Hawk.

I guess the state and feeling of the team is going to resonate through this forum given how linked we are to them.

Good points :2thumbs:

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
original poster":1z6ipvdb said:
Very good points, Ad Hawk.

I guess the state and feeling of the team is going to resonate through this forum given how linked we are to them.

Good points :2thumbs:

You said in one line what I tried to say in many lines.

We are linked to the team closely, and it's ups and downs will be echoed here.

Schadie001

Reaction score
And after all that we still were only one game short of making the playoffs. That should tell you something.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2018":2zkolkr5 said:
Great post! The beautiful thing about hitting rock bottom is that it forces you pick yourself back up.

Rock bottom?

2-14 is rock bottom

seeing moving vans moving your team to California is rock bottom

having Vinnie Testeverde's head being mistaken for a football and missing the playoffs is rock bottom

Stan Gelbaugh, Dan McGwire, Kelly Stouffer and Rick Mirer as your QB's in succession is rock bottom

Having the refs screw you in a SB is rock bottom

Hassellbeck calling the coin flip then throwing a pick is rock bottom

This? This isn't even in the top 30 of rock bottom off seasons.

chawx

Reaction score
I've been here since the 80s, I know what a 'low point' for this franchise is, 2017 was NOT a low point... maybe for the Pete Era, sure. But the Hawks still have the Coach, QB, and Defense QBs (Bobby and Earl) who brought us our only championship. This is a retool and a reload, we were 3 FGs away from the playoffs, even with all the drama. We're not going anywhere as long as Russell is alive and kicking. Onward to 2018 my friends, may it be filled with upsets and dominating blowouts! FRIGGIN GO HAWKS!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1npwtvma said:
The year before I finally got Season tickets (1992) they were 2-14. Now THAT is Rock Bottom :shock:

I knew it was your fault, I just couldn't prove it until now!!

j/k.........yeah this thread while well intentioned is funny to me that people think these are the dark days or something. IMO these are still the good times, cause I think Pete and John are on their way to rebuilding a contender.

Might take another 2-3 years, but I think it's gonna happen.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, it's gonna' be a very interesting year. First time in a very long time I'm not fully expecting playoffs. But, with Russ under center, we will likely be in most or all of the games. Watch out in 2019

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1382j8dj said:
Yeah, it's gonna' be a very interesting year. First time in a very long time I'm not fully expecting playoffs. But, with Russ under center, we will likely be in most or all of the games. Watch out in 2019

Such an interesting season ahead of us.

I'm rigid with excitement every offseason, but this one feels a whole lot different.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Just the overall massive changes to the roster and coaching staff makes for something to look forward to. A big learning curve for a lot of players, but a great opportunity for a lot of players.