FieldGulls predicts KJ won't be asked back

sdog1981

Reaction score
hawkfan68":2nplg270 said:
The only reason is to bring KJ back is because Barton sucks and Burr-Kirven isn't the answer either. However, if they plan to go to a 5-2 front

The Ol'52 defense. I see the Seahawks are worried about Texas and Oaklahoma running the wishbone next season.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
sdog1981":1pun1few said:
hawkfan68":1pun1few said:
The only reason is to bring KJ back is because Barton sucks and Burr-Kirven isn't the answer either. However, if they plan to go to a 5-2 front

The Ol'52 defense. I see the Seahawks are worried about Texas and Oaklahoma running the wishbone next season.

I like the Bear front. It plays to their strengths, personnel wise. Big ends playing at the 3T, SAM in the style of Bruce Irvin who can rush and play a bit in space, Leo rusher stays the same in prototype. Essentially 3 DTs. Gives hybrid guys like Hyder and Collier the best chance to shine.

Fade

Reaction score
With the current roster and scheme, KJ is a backup. I'd bring him back anyway to keep Barton from seeing the field. Brooks or Wagner could get hurt and then the Seahawks would be kicking themselves for not re-signing KJ. If he signs with the Rams that would be adding insult to injury.

Jville

Reaction score
We'll see what happens with KJ. I don't see any urgency by either party to resign prior to the regular season.

Pete Carroll has expressed regret that Cody Barton and Ben Burr-Kirven didn't get more opportunities. Jordyn Brooks can make good use of additional playing time. There are also the three 2021 undrafted rookies that need a fair opportunity to show what they can do.

Plenty of time to sort things out and find the right defensive mix for the upcoming campaign.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
This has more to do with Pete thinking Taylor can take over the LEO LB spot than BBK or Barton improving enough to be a starter......of which they've both proven they can't, not in Pete's hybrid defense where he wants the LEO LB to rush the passer more.

So we'll see. If Taylor's healthy and truly the player Pete and John thought he'd become when they drafted him? Should work out great and we won't miss KJ.

Jville

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1s8lomey said:
This has more to do with Pete thinking Taylor can take over the LEO LB spot than BBK or Barton improving enough to be a starter......of which they've both proven they can't, not in Pete's hybrid defense where he wants the LEO LB to rush the passer more.

So we'll see. If Taylor's healthy and truly the player Pete and John thought he'd become when they drafted him? Should work out great and we won't miss KJ.

Excellent point about Taylor. Taylor is probably the number one priority in looking at fit. Although the prospect of following up with a new age sequel to Clay Mathews is a tall order.