Fire Pete

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
really how many times did u see a wr running behind the qb like when our O was good or 3 tight end sets or play action or any of the many things we do when the offense works
this run the ball up the middle which we did all day today and short passes cause we didn't have time for deep shots ya that is pete ball so sick of ppl passing off blame to other ppl pete is a damn hype man with no more hype that works
Im also puzzled why we went away from using motion especially with the 2 and 3 TE sets, helps protection while opening things up and not allowing the D to pin their ears back. But cmon, if Pete was the problem these guys wouldn’t be all in with him like they are. Most could have mailed it in last year and didn’t.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
really how many times did u see a wr running behind the qb like when our O was good or 3 tight end sets or play action or any of the many things we do when the offense works
this run the ball up the middle which we did all day today and short passes cause we didn't have time for deep shots ya that is pete ball so sick of ppl passing off blame to other ppl pete is a damn hype man with no more hype that works
Ken Walker had 12 rushes, so your "all day" narrative is already blown out of the water. Just completely false.

I can see you're not ready to have a discussion, so I'll let ya keep venting. But yeah, fairly obvious you're bastardizing the term Peteball to simply mean everything you don't like.

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm not suggesting we fire Pete, but I will say I'm not feeling the best about hoping this is the off-season we fix our defense, because we have already been waiting for 6 years for it to be fixed, and this is what the result has been.

seahawks08

Reaction score
I would never fire Pete for his opportunity to finish what he started. If I had to, I would have thought about it 3 years ago and given a new coach 3 years to retool or build around Russ which in hindsight would have never worked. We cannot change surgeons midway now. We have to let this play out. Anyways when I say we, it’s not us fans. Jody will never make a change now because finding a new regime and building a roster along with winning can be a 3 to 20 year process if you look around the league. You have to get everything right from a HC to assistants to rosters. Yes we leave to accept some deficiencies in Pete like being very loyal to keeping his staff longer than he should. But that’s his culture we need to accept.

seahawks08

Reaction score
So tired of the fire someone crap after a loss from people here. It's at the point of being cringe.
It’s okay to react after a game. It’s totally understandable that passionate folks react differently and at the end everyone wants Hawks to win. After a loss, it’s okay for folks to vent as long as we are respectful to each other. I used to be reactive 10 years ago, but I realized we have no control and we adapt to situations. I love seeing fire threads all over depending on the outcome. As fans we all want to win, and some are better than others in handling losses. I would not let that mess your Friday👍🏼

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
It’s okay to react after a game. It’s totally understandable that passionate folks react differently and at the end everyone wants Hawks to win. After a loss, it’s okay for folks to vent as long as we are respectful to each other. I used to be reactive 10 years ago, but I realized we have no control and we adapt to situations. I love seeing fire threads all over depending on the outcome. As fans we all want to win, and some are better than others in handling losses. I would not let that mess your Friday👍🏼
It's childish and annoying and makes the fanbase look immature. It's not understandable nor okay. Just as you are entitled to your opinion on these antics, so am I. It's crap and needs to stop.

Want real change to help the team? They have got to nail the draft with the capital they have in hand. If they do, the Hawks are back in business.

Firing Pete would be the dumbest move.

cymatica

Reaction score
It's childish and annoying and makes the fanbase look immature. It's not understandable nor okay. Just as you are entitled to your opinion on these antics, so am I. It's crap and needs to stop.

Want real change to help the team? They have got to nail the draft with the capital they have in hand. If they do, the Hawks are back in business.

I would argue it's childish to even care what other fanbases think of you based on fan reactions to a sports game

JustTheTip

Reaction score
What does this hear say have anything to do with this topic? Should people discredit you for whatever you have going on in your personal life? Throw shade there guy, like you're invincible.
I am not being thrown out there as an authority whose opinion should be taken as fact. I am just trying to have a discussion. I take the words that come out of Sherman's mouth with a huge grain of salt. I did that even when he was playing here. Love what he did playing the position, but his shenanigans both on and off the field are a double edge sword (brought an attitude to a team that badly needed it but was also over the top and tiring.)

strohmin

Reaction score
What did he not let the defense cook??? Blame Pete again yet has done leaps and bounds over what most expected from this team all while the performance of the guy traded away is showing it wasn’t on Pete. Many called for his head, the team was tanking yet performing well above expectation. The swings of some of our fanbase are ridiculous… fire, ope we’re winning all on board to the point of boasting and once a tough stretch hits its fire again. Everyone had this team even getting 4 wins a stretch, I got looked at sideways when I said they would get 7 to wins and be a tough out regardless. Young team with holes yet minus Week 2 they've had an opportunity to win every single one.
I expected the defense to be the strength of this team while the offense atleast played more traditional to help them. That has not been the case. Pete is fielding the same trash defense he has been for the past 5 years and they aren't getting any better. It's one thing to suck in the beginning and get better as the season goes but Pete's team is no longer consistent in the way they play defense. They seem to be getting worse and some players seem to have just given up.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score

Would it though? Pete's defenses have woefully underperformed since the LOB has been dismantled. Seattle's record in the playoffs since 2015 is well below .500. In those games we won against a Matt Stafford with a bum throwing shoulder and sprained ankle, Teddy Bridgewater (we should have lost that game but we were handed a victory due to Walsh missing a chipshot) and 40 year old McCown.

In addition to this, the defense has been in the bottom quarter of the league almost every year but 2021, even then the defense was on the record of being historically bad until midway.

We've allocated more draft and monetary resources into the defense that just about every team in the NFL yet we're now among one of the worst defenses in the NFL. We've been rebuilding and retooling this defense since 2017/2018. That's about 4-5 years that Pete's had to rebuild this unit. Something has to give here. There is nobody to blame for these failures but Pete.

Should we fire Pete? I'm personally undecided. He is an elite franchise manager. He's probably the best in the NFL at cultivating culture. His players (not named Russ) all seem love him. That cannot be overlooked and it's something most fans don't look at. It's why elite coordinators don't always pan out as HC's. The ability to manage and craft a singular vision between all of the coaches and players, between so many pieces is SUPER hard.

Pete Carroll no doubt is elite at managing and crafting a program.

Where Carroll has failed greatly is on the X's and O's portion, in-game management and drafting aspect over the last 5 or so years. He's really missed on the defensive staff in particular. For the most part he's just promoted people from within his ranks. Drafts have really been poor outside of this year for quite some time and some game time decisions are sometimes baffling.

I think it is time Jody and Vulcan management need to have a serious talk with Carroll. Especially if the Seahawks lose out the rest of their games. It will be a collapse of epic proportions, especially given how the Seahawks looked really strong for a 4-5 game streak on offense and defense if we do lose out.

I think at the very least Carroll should be forced to surrender some of his powers like Holmgren did. No more authority over John Schneider, perhaps he should also be forced to bring in a third party DC of his choosing with strict constraints. I know with Schneider, Vulcan gave Carroll a list of 7 guys that he had to choose from. He interviewed them all and chose the guy he thought he worked best with. Maybe a similar constraint with DC's should be enacted with Vulcan overseeing who the potential DC candidates should be.

I think at the very least Carroll needs to be reigned in a bit. He's getting older and he has more responsibilities than most coaches in the NFL. Even Bill Belichick stepped back and gave some of his power up. I think the same needs to be done with Carroll at this point in time. I think he's at least bought himself a year with the RW trade, we fleeced those fools, this years draft and the Geno development. I do however think that given the ongoing defensive issues since 2017, the folks over at Vulcan do need to start asking Carroll some really hard questions.

Atradees

Reaction score
Idk. Run the ball, control the clock, limit turnovers........we have seen that before and Pete didnt invent it. Problem is, we havent been in contention for anything in a long while. The drafts have been poor and free agency a bust. Tabula Rosa. Simply time to move on. If it was 3rd and 75 yards...the Niners would have run up the middle for 76 yards. The linebackers are slow, toast and cant tackle. The D line trucked. Game Over Man. Bill Paxton

Last edited:

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I get really tired of coach hate. I think often a fresh coordinator can help an existing head coach though. I recall the year or maybe two before Holmgren took us to our first superb owl, there was a huge group wanted him gone. I've never seen letting a good coach go for the uncertainty of a new one. Pete is not incapable of putting together a winning team. Why folks think some unknown can jump in and do better, or even that it's likely we luck out on the hire, is beyond me.

Hiring some new coach is almost as risky as drafting a quarterback. No, I'm anxious to see what they can do with this huge upcoming draft and next season. I do hope they use this draft capital to get a QB while we have it. I think we can put some guy behind Geno for a year or two and still have plenty of draft capital for our other needs.

OP
OP
hawkcrazzed

hawkcrazzed

Reaction score
I get really tired of coach hate. I think often a fresh coordinator can help an existing head coach though. I recall the year or maybe two before Holmgren took us to our first superb owl, there was a huge group wanted him gone. I've never seen letting a good coach go for the uncertainty of a new one. Pete is not incapable of putting together a winning team. Why folks think some unknown can jump in and do better, or even that it's likely we luck out on the hire, is beyond me.

Hiring some new coach is almost as risky as drafting a quarterback. No, I'm anxious to see what they can do with this huge upcoming draft and next season. I do hope they use this draft capital to get a QB while we have it. I think we can put some guy behind Geno for a year or two and still have plenty of draft capital for our other needs.
i would agree with you if this was 2018 but its after this season 2023 a decade since we won the superb owl and atleast 5 since any kind of serious run i get the pete love but this is
starting to get sad he was a good coach 7 years ago now we are retooling every year this year just happens to be rw