Fitzmagic benched, Tua takes over

TypeSly

Reaction score
chris98251":2zrw41bo said:
Problem is unlike us they invested in a 1st round pick as QB and feel compelled to throw him in, taking a lesson from the Packers with Rodgers and letting him learn is lost these days or having a player like Wilson prove they are head and shoulders above the rest of the competition through proof of play.

Hubert in SD shows what a outlier can do, but seems like every team wants to push that kind of result whether the player is ready or not.

I hate when a team goes with what they invested in, whether it be because they drafted a player high, or paid a player high... rather than the win now mentality, especially at inopportune times. It's hardly ever worked out in the past, if the team was already winning. Rob Johnson over Doug Flutie, Matt Leinart over Kurt Warner etc. Thank god, the Seahawks didn't go with this philosophy or it would have been the 27 million dollar man (Matt Flynn) over Russell Wilson.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tua is going to get SMOKED by the Rams defense. Why would a coach do this to his rookie QB?

"Check out Aron Donald riding around on Alex Smith's back rookie!" "Don't be skeered!"

Alexsmith22

"Oh! And here's Aron trying to tear Alex's head off after he just had life threatening leg surgery!"

D six times in return from life threatening injury

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Maulbert":vxfj9di1 said:
Ramfan128":vxfj9di1 said:
I get that there's a bye week, but coming off that they'll be playing the Rams. Our D is 4th in yards and 4th in points.

Meanwhile they just played the Jets, who they could have beaten with anyone at QB. Why not start him last week if you were going to do this??

4th in yards and 4th in points.

Against the mighty hoards of the NFC East.

While you couldn't do jack in the first half against a gimpy Jimmy G.

Sit down before you strain your brain.

Your post seems a little aggressive for what I said. I'm not begging about the Rams defense, just stating that they're pretty good and that it's odd to me that they didn't just start him against the Jets.

But now I think this makes sense - their offense might be a little different which would give our defense less film to study on him.

On a side note, we played Monday, Dolphins had a bye week, were traveling across the country and the game is a 10am start....great chance our D comes out sluggish from all that so I actually do think this was the smart time to start him

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
fins just scored again on a kick return...game now gonna be 7-21 dolphins, one of those scores was on tua

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Thank you for the update, I've been watching the Steelers Ravens game and hoping to see Big Ben lose

Ramfan128

Reaction score
I'm just about done with Goff. The defense held them to 150 yards and 3 yards per play. We lost because Goff turned the ball over four times, and Rams fans want to blame McVay. If we never dropped back to pass, we probably win that game. That's how bad Goff was. Dolphins also dropped the easiest pick 6 you'll ever see.

The Dolphins sent zero blitzes play after play, and Goff just threw them the ball or fumbled, ignoring the very obvious blitzes they threw at us.

I think Goff's ceiling is Matt Ryan, but we don't have Julio to help unlock that ceiling.

To make matters worse, we drafted Taylor Rapp over Metcalf and he is essentially a sub package player now. If we can split the division games, we can get to 10 wins and make the playoffs - but at this rate, either way I'll want a new QB.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2n7yoe7p said:
I'm just about done with Goff. The defense held them to 150 yards and 3 yards per play. We lost because Goff turned the ball over four times, and Rams fans want to blame McVay. If we never dropped back to pass, we probably win that game. That's how bad Goff was. Dolphins also dropped the easiest pick 6 you'll ever see.

The Dolphins sent zero blitzes play after play, and Goff just threw them the ball or fumbled, ignoring the very obvious blitzes they threw at us.

I think Goff's ceiling is Matt Ryan, but we don't have Julio to help unlock that ceiling.

To make matters worse, we drafted Taylor Rapp over Metcalf and he is essentially a sub package player now. If we can split the division games, we can get to 10 wins and make the playoffs - but at this rate, either way I'll want a new QB.

McVay should dump the Rams, and go coach the Chargers. Him, Herbert at the WRs the Chargers have, would be great together.

Latest posts