Food for Thought

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chapow":2bmeonsb said:
Circumstances matter, and in this case the OP completely ignored literally everything other than stat line.

Not here it doesn't. Here you can cherry pick any stat you want in hindsight to prove an absolutely zeroburger of an opinion.

McKissic? Really? That's what we're criticizing?

Start all the "hey Penny's been a bust for a 1st round RB pick" you want, I'm all ears for that conversation because it hold merit. But McKissic? Lol, good god man.

Chapow

Reaction score
Since we're completely ignoring circumstances, how about this one?

N'Keal Harry, Patriots 1st round pick

3 receptions, 18 yards, 6 yards per reception, 0 TDs

D.K. Metcalf, Seahawks 2nd round pick (last pick in the 2nd round, 64th overall)

35 receptions, 595 yards, 17 yards per reception, 5 TDs

Dreadful for a 1st round pick on a WR needy team. Looks like Belichick really screwed the pooch. What an idiot.

sutz

Reaction score
Brain food

brainpower-guide-wholegrains.jpg

brainpower-guide-oily-fish.jpg

brainpower-guide-blueberries.jpg

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide ... brainpower

:twisted:

xray

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1nwdv7f3 said:
He's the leading candidate to US. But in the media and pretty much anywhere on TV or radio, nope. It's clear they are pushing HARD for Jackson. Russ isn't gonna' get it, no need to think he will. I hope to be wrong, but what would make anyone think he's actually going to get it at this point? Seems like the media has already made their mind up, and that likely WILL influence the decision. Pete has never won coach of the year, JS has never won Exec of the year, Russ not getting something he deserves like the MVP will be no surprise. Even if he SHOULD get it.

OMG...there it is again...everybody hates the Hawks . You should get MVP for HOMER of the year . I feel sorry for your dog listening to that whining of yours . :D

OP
OP
T

tersal

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1k9ofdea said:
What is the point of this thread? The Hawks drafted a player who has been outplayed by a later pick? Sometimes the team has castoff players who succeed to a degree elsewhere?

As we all know the draft is often a crapshoot. Look at all the young QB fails many teams have picked, Seattle is notably included. If we examine the history of our present FO they done well drafting and turning players into good fits for their scheme being run. They are by no stretch perfect though, but no team is. Not sure of the point of this thread. Sure wish the team hadn’t drafted player X or player Y, or had kept another dude? Well OK then, sure thing.

The team has done a good job finding players who fit and the record of the team under this regime is one of the best in all football. I sometimes think success in drafting is more to do with superior coaching than personnel evaluation but then players like Wilson or Sherman, or Carson or Baldwin, or Bennett or Poona appear that show how difficult it is to do personnel evaluation. Getting a player to succeed is often more important than where the player was drafted, yet there are guys that were simply missed out on. Keeping a team together is harder than just drafting good players.

The point of this post is exactly what I titled it Food for Thought. Judging by the response that is exactly what it has become!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Maybe you should shut your pie hole Xray. I don't think everyone hates the Hawks, that's just not the case. I just think Jackson is going to win it, largely due to it being pushed big time in the media. This isn't some new thing that has never happened.
Geezus, get over yourself gramps. Russ deserves it, and we'll see how these next 6 weeks play out. Jackson has a lot more to work with, but just because I think Russ is going to get shafted, somehow that equates to everyone hates the Hawks. :roll:
No, plenty of people are giving the Hawks a lot of love. Shoot, I'd much rather everyone talks about all the things the Hawks CAN'T do. That's just not how it is these days. The media is plenty on the Hawks wagon and what they can do. At least quite of few of them.
If I was homer of the year, I would be saying Russ is going to win it no matter what. I want him to win it big time, just not going to expect it. Do I need to spell out the big words for you?
But hey, go back to your doom and gloom posts, you are very good at that.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
What I think when I read the thread title:

double-oaked-steak-on-grill.jpg

Latest posts