Franco Harris RIP

Vesuve

Reaction score
A couple of days before the 50th anniversary of the "immaculate reception" and retiring his number he's passed away at 72.

I remember watching him and the Steelers as a kid.

RIP.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
As a kid, I admired Harris's work with the Steelers (who were not yet the Title Stealers).

The first Seahawks game I actually saw in the stadium was the one in Foxborough in September of 1984. Because Curt Warner's knee had exploded, the Seahawks were forced to sign the desiccated remains of Franco Harris to try to get some production out of him. It went about as well as you'd expect. I was a teenager, but I understood that Harris couldn't help the Seahawks, and I didn't let that stop me from asking him for his autograph after the game, nor from being really happy to have it.

Of course, the real highlight of that day for me was being able to tell my first childhood sports hero, Jim Zorn, to his face that I had had his autographed picture framed on my wall in Maine for years.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I just put on the NFL Network & they were talking about Franco Harris & the immaculate reception & I just assumed it was all about that & the leadup to the 50th anniversary.

I watched for probably 5 minutes before realizing it was a tribute & Franco had died & I was floored.

RIP Franco you were a true legend.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Remember everyone, keep getting those "completely safe" Fauci ouchies.

Franco Harris was embarrassed by his brief time as a Seahawk. Reportedly he would always steadfastly refuse to sign any Seahawk-related gear at autograph signings. He refused to talk about his time playing for the Seahawks. So, same to you, Franco.

He was probably a crappy player for the Seahawks largely because he was off of the steroids by then. Those first four "Super Bowl titles" that the Steelers "won" were won primarily because the entire team was 'roided out to the max. If you don't believe me just ask Seattle Sea Dragons head coach Jim Haslett. He knows all about it.

Last edited:

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

Franco Harris was embarrassed by his brief time as a Seahawk. Reportedly he would always steadfastly refuse to sign any Seahawk-related gear at autograph signings. He refused to talk about his time playing for the Seahawks. So, same to you, Franco.

He was probably a crappy player for the Seahawks largely because he was off of the steroids by then. Those first four "Super Bowl titles" that the Steelers "won" were won primarily because the entire team was 'roided out to the max. If you don't believe me just ask Seattle Sea Dragons head coach Jim Haslett. He knows all about it.
That's it Seahawk fans, stay classy just like the classless clown that posted this stupid sh**.

Biscanebay12

Reaction score

It was also in the days where you could hit the QB, they weren't the pampered little princesses they are today. The entire league was "roided up". Each era had different ways of dealing with the evolution of the game. Use to have stickum, now they have special gloves. I'm sure Franco just went along with what was normal for his era.

As far as his time with the Seahawks, its insignificant just like your whining about it.

rjdriver

Reaction score

I'm sure the other 27 teams were completely clean and 100% steroid free...

Hollandhawk

Reaction score

You surprise me every time with how much stupidity you can fit in one post. It’s honestly remarkable.

ZornLargentPatera

Reaction score
Remember also, the "immaculate reception" was completely fake! He "caught" the ball off of the turf. It wasn't a reception at all! He short-hopped it!