Status
Not open for further replies.

pmedic920

Reaction score
chris98251":2kear1vb said:
JustTheTip":2kear1vb said:
chris98251":2kear1vb said:
JustTheTip":2kear1vb said:
Don't want to deal with it, don't break the law. I have been pulled over for both tint and lack of front plate. Didn't fix either and don't blame the police for pulling me over. I blame the politicians for the stupid laws and take responsibility for ignoring them.

Ok you poke you stupid head in again talking out your ass, never got a ticket, never even failed an inspection, state patrol didn't even have a record of the warning i did get for no plate on the front end to sign off on.

Abuse of power is all it is, intimidation.

No go chase off more long time members..........

Still working on you, when you are gone I will move to the next one.

Yeah Wenhawk wants just empty headed members here now, I know that's your prime directive, thoughts that don't agree with the political leanings of him and 90 percent of his staff are frowned upon.
I find this humorous but probably not the way you probably think.

pmedic920

Reaction score
907Hawk":2lfn9zyf said:
Yup with a The exception of a few mods like Pmedic .. and others .. ones like this one make this place $h!t. Utter $h!t. The mainboard is cluttered and full of off topic posts, this place has utterly gone down hill to the $h!t hole levels 9ers webzone is like. I rarely login or even bother to visit at this point. Not worth starting at the $h!t called a forums when if I wanna stare at $h!t I’ll go outside or stare at a picture of belichick

Leave, you will not be missed. :irishdrinkers:[/quote]

This is not specifically directed at you but this is a good place to make the statement.

“Mods” are on a leash, they only operate within the guidelines set forth by the ownership.

Being a “mod” on this or any other forum is a crappy and thankless duty.
Hopefully those assigned to the task do it only for the love of the community.
Fact remains, we don’t make the rules we only enforce them to the best of our ability.

pmedic920

Reaction score
ivotuk":1omflttk said:
Why do these guys insist on carrying stupid guns like an Uzi? And why not carry it in the trunk? Idiotic!

I wonder about the California "pull overs" though. "An alleged code violation." "Not displaying a front license plate."

Is this really that important to pull someone over for? Or are they just excuses used to pull over whomever you want to?
A “gun” in the trunk is as useful as a gun locked in a safe, or one with a trigger lock on it.

I don’t know the details of this situation, I’m speaking in general terms.

pmedic920

Reaction score
And just for general information:

The term/name “Uzi” does NOT mean that Clark was in possession of a sub “machine gun”.
There are many “semi-auto” versions that would ultimately make them no different than any other semi-automatic 9mm pistols.

Again, I don’t know the details of this situation, I only know what the linked article tells us.
I’m not an expert, nor do I claim to even be familiar with most of California’s gun laws.
I’m simply giving y’all some information that the article failed to include, the article would have us believe that Clark had a “machine gun” but that’s not confirmed in any way. It’s possible that Clark was arrested because he broke whatever law California has in regards to concealed weapons in a vehicle.
Bottom line is, the article is vague and doesn’t provide critical details.
Based on what I read, the article wants us to believe that Clark was in possession of a “machine gun” and I have doubts that that is the case.

To own a “machine gun” there are tons of hoops to jump through, it’s a big deal, and although possible I don’t see his body guard or any other owner of a machine gun to just leave it laying around, or in a buddies/employer’s car.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":2sx7dhu5 said:
A “gun” in the trunk is as useful as a gun locked in a safe, or one with a trigger lock on it.

In WA, I'm fairly sure in CA, and I believe in most every state you can only have a loaded gun in the passenger compartment on a public road if you have a concealed carry permit. Otherwise either the gun or the ammo has to be in a separate place from each other (people tank vs. trunk). In WA there's an exception if you're hunting (with a hunting license) and not on a public road (i.e. you can be on a forest road or a logging road), you can have a gun in your lap with rounds in the magazine, but there can't be one in the chamber.

chris98251

Reaction score
pmedic920":2p7fl32j said:
chris98251":2p7fl32j said:
JustTheTip":2p7fl32j said:
chris98251":2p7fl32j said:
Ok you poke you stupid head in again talking out your ass, never got a ticket, never even failed an inspection, state patrol didn't even have a record of the warning i did get for no plate on the front end to sign off on.

Abuse of power is all it is, intimidation.

No go chase off more long time members..........

Still working on you, when you are gone I will move to the next one.

Yeah Wenhawk wants just empty headed members here now, I know that's your prime directive, thoughts that don't agree with the political leanings of him and 90 percent of his staff are frowned upon.
I find this humorous but probably not the way you probably think.

You could never understand how I think. Hell these days sometimes I don't.

pmedic920

Reaction score
GeekHawk":ek486jpz said:
pmedic920":ek486jpz said:

In WA, I'm fairly sure in CA, and I believe in most every state you can only have a loaded gun in the passenger compartment on a public road if you have a concealed carry permit. Otherwise either the gun or the ammo has to be in a separate place from each other (people tank vs. trunk). In WA there's an exception if you're hunting (with a hunting license) and not on a public road (i.e. you can be on a forest road or a logging road), you can have a gun in your lap with rounds in the magazine, but there can't be one in the chamber.

Your belief of “most every state”is not very accurate.
Many States have Castle Doctrine Laws and most of them include your work place, hotel rooms that you’re using as a temporary home, and your car while you are in it.
“Stand your ground” and “Constitutional Carry” laws many times also come into play.

This all can be/get very confusing and it’s my advice that a person becomes familiar with the laws where they live or intend to travel.

Texas as an example:
Our Laws are making big changes Sept. 1st. Texas is adopting “constitutional carry”.
Currently you have to have a “license to carry” to carry a gun on your person.

You do not have to have a license or permit to own a gun and “castle doctrine” allows you to use a gun for self/home defense without a license or permit. Castle Doctrine extends to workplace, temporary dwellings, and a vehicle you are occupying. Castle Doctrine also allows you to legally carry a gun from your dwelling/workplace to your car w/o a license/permit.

All of this gets even more confusing when traveling because different states reciprocate with each other differently.
Again, I don’t know the details of where Clark lives, California Law, or how Clark was or was not permitted.

Said all of that because I stand my ground, a gun locked in a trunk is useless.
Obviously if the law states it must be not doing so puts you at risk for arrest.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
In Indiana someone mentioned to me something I had not thought of.
A permit to carry is not the same as conceal and carry.
In these times having a gun out in the open doesn't appeal to me.
In this state also you cannot carry on fed property,banks,bars or liquor
stores.
As PM said there are rules you have to know and each state isn't going
to be the same.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":32e0exj9 said:
pmedic920":32e0exj9 said:

If Clark was driving around with a loaded firearm in an open duffle bag clearly visible to the cops, that's already illegal regardless of what specific type of firearm it is.

On top of that, California has an assault weapons ban. A lower court had thrown it out, but the 9th Circuit reinstated the law pending its own review of the matter.

pmedic920

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":1rnist9r said:
GeekHawk":1rnist9r said:
pmedic920":1rnist9r said:

If Clark was driving around with a loaded firearm in an open duffle bag clearly visible to the cops, that's already illegal regardless of what specific type of firearm it is.

On top of that, California has an assault weapons ban. A lower court had thrown it out, but the 9th Circuit reinstated the law pending its own review of the matter.
Fair enough if accurate, like I said I don’t know the specifics.

I was pretty much defending my stance that a gun (any type) is virtually useless locked in a trunk/safe. *Assuming said gun is for self defense.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3c1f3c7r said:
SantaClaraHawk":3c1f3c7r said:
GeekHawk":3c1f3c7r said:
pmedic920":3c1f3c7r said:

Fair enough if accurate, like I said I don’t know the specifics.

I was pretty much defending my stance that a gun (any type) is virtually useless locked in a trunk/safe. *Assuming said gun is for self defense.

Fully agree there. It's just that really, almost no civilian gets any kind of concealed carry like this in any urban area.

I know for a fact that Gavin Newsom did not have any permit like this while active in San Francisco. Kamala did have some permit at some time. But it is not the standard norm even for people like that. My guess is that people like that typically contract with Wackenhut-type firms that get that all taken care of behind the scenes so the missus or mister never has to worry about handling an actual gun on the regular.

Sealake80

Reaction score
pmedic920":2f14fkoo said:
907Hawk":2f14fkoo said:
Yup with a The exception of a few mods like Pmedic .. and others .. ones like this one make this place $h!t. Utter $h!t. The mainboard is cluttered and full of off topic posts, this place has utterly gone down hill to the $h!t hole levels 9ers webzone is like. I rarely login or even bother to visit at this point. Not worth starting at the $h!t called a forums when if I wanna stare at $h!t I’ll go outside or stare at a picture of belichick

Leave, you will not be missed. :irishdrinkers:

I wouldn’t miss u P med

Not anymore

But so what

What a trashy board

Good luck all

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
California is definitely a strange state as you can have a gun that is fully legal in 90% of the country, but if you put a toe in California you are a felon. That should sound crazy to anyone, no matter your political leanings. Even worse is the guy who’s flight was diverted to a NY airport because of some problem and was arrested for a gun in his checked luggage. The gun was legal when he checked it and legal where he was flying to. He eventually won the case but it took years and a ton of money.

California is also strange because there is no one standard for CCW issuance but instead there are 53 standards for issuance. Every county sheriff gets to decide on what criteria appeals to them. Surprisingly, most of California’s counties have gone “shall issue”, with only certain high crime counties where law abiding citizens are unable to protect themselves https://gs2ac.com/blogs/2018/03/ca-ccw-map-county/.

None of the stupidity of California exempts someone from knowing and following the laws though, and Clark should have been educated.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Clark has officially been charged with felony possession of an assault weapon. He faces up to three years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ree-years/

Outside of any discussion about what laws are fair, it's fair for anyone to be cognizant of what the laws are where they are. If I'm in Idaho, for example, I'm not waving my California pot vape pen around. Right? It's just common sense.

Jville

Reaction score
SantaClaraHawk":38gleqrs said:
Clark has officially been charged with felony possession of an assault weapon. He faces up to three years.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... ree-years/

Outside of any discussion about what laws are fair, it's fair for anyone to be cognizant of what the laws are where they are. If I'm in Idaho, for example, I'm not waving my California pot vape pen around. Right? It's just common sense.

John Schneider must be psychic.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Throwdown":2aim6p8t said:
If you’re a celebrity or someone with stature where people know you have money, you should ride around strapped.

I know some won’t agree with it, but that’s how I feel.

That's what tinted windows, errand boys, and body guards are for. Don't let them see you. Don't flaunt your wealth. Too many Meth heads and Crack Addicts out there who can't think past their needs.

...scary mo fos. They'd go after a Zombie if they thought he had a rock in his pocket.

This is a sticky subject. I own quite a few guns, but I don't like it when people wear them in public. It strikes me as immature and inconsiderate, when you're in a store or restaurant with families there.

If you really feel the need to carry, keep it to yourself. Anybody who does otherwise is looking for attention. And if the stuff really does hit the fan, the perpetrators won't let anyone know they're carrying until it's too late. And the first people they'll take out? The ones advertising their guns.

And an uzi? Useless. Mini-14 with 2 30 round clips, or a drum. Much more accurate and deadly.

Frank has millions. I love the guy because he avoided the pitfalls that got his mother, but take your personal security much more seriously and hire a security firm with your money.

Your buddy, or whoever he was could get you killed with his ignorance and a carelessly secured gun.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
I had a WA concealed carry permit until I let it lapse. I may get it again or not, I don't know. What I do know is the requirements for concealed carry in WA, and how they're different from open carry in WA. A permit will let you carry a loaded weapon in your car, so if you're considering that an unloaded gun is just a rock then you get a CWP. If not and you want to transport your gun from point A to point B you better unload it and store either the gun or the ammo in the trunk. WA allows open-carry, but you still can't have a gun in the car with ammo readily available. In today's world I wouldn't open-carry because some Karen would panic and call in the SWAT team. A CWP still doesn't let you carry in any place licensed to serve alcohol, which makes a lot of sense to me.

I kind of assume most (or several, at least) states have fairly similar laws. Frank should know the laws where he is or else have nothing to do with firearms.

Team Slapaho

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":5ilxfp11 said:
California is definitely a strange state as you can have a gun that is fully legal in 90% of the country, but if you put a toe in California you are a felon. That should sound crazy to anyone, no matter your political leanings. Even worse is the guy who’s flight was diverted to a NY airport because of some problem and was arrested for a gun in his checked luggage. The gun was legal when he checked it and legal where he was flying to. He eventually won the case but it took years and a ton of money.

California is also strange because there is no one standard for CCW issuance but instead there are 53 standards for issuance. Every county sheriff gets to decide on what criteria appeals to them. Surprisingly, most of California’s counties have gone “shall issue”, with only certain high crime counties where law abiding citizens are unable to protect themselves https://gs2ac.com/blogs/2018/03/ca-ccw-map-county/.

None of the stupidity of California exempts someone from knowing and following the laws though, and Clark should have been educated.

I still don’t understand how “California laws” supersede the constitution. Shall not be infringed is pretty clear on the right to bear arms, regardless of what those arms are. California is a communist crap hole and deserves who they vote for, whack jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.