Frank Clark returns to Seahawks

kidhawk

Reaction score
Clark is better than Taylor. Probably better than the guy we lost too.

And that improved pass rush will help our corners.

Frank is a different player than Nwosu. Maybe in his prime Frank was better, but even then it'd be a tough comparison. Right now though, when healthy, I'd take Nwosu over Clark every day and twice on Sunday. And this is coming from someone who is pro bringing Frank back here.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
There are reasons why Denver let him go and KC didn't renew him, and he wasn't snapped up immediately upon his release.

I agree with kidhawk, Nwosu is a very good player, Frank used to be.

I was advocating for his return and like Clark a great deal.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Frank played in 3 postseason games last year and had 2.5 sacks. Over his career he's played 17 postseason games and has 13.5 sacks, 2019 was his best postseason with 5 sacks in the three games played.

If you like postseason sacks, this guy isn't bad to have on the roster.

chris98251

Reaction score
Unless your washed up nobody is going to Denver soon, it's a fire sale about ready to happen with the current state of that situation.

Reactions: LTH

BASF

Reaction score
Why did Denver cut him? I'm hoping he's not washed.
Denver cut him because he has been a low effort vet in the regular season for a few seasons now. He could save his effort for the postseason while with KC because them making the playoffs was all but guaranteed with Mahomes and Reid. We do not have that luxury, especially with the Niners in division. Too many people here think they are getting Frank Clark from years ago. Massive if is his motivation. The next big if is the contract numbers. Anything more than vet minimum is too much. I am guessing that the guy who keeps insisting Clark is better than Taylor has me on ignore, as I have pointed out multiple times, Taylor has more impact on the stat sheet in two years than Clark in the past three with less than a thousand snaps difference.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I hope he does well of course but I'm skeptical. Never was a huge fan . He didn't really turn it on until his contract year during his initial stay in Seattle.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I hope he does well of course but I'm skeptical. Never was a huge fan . He didn't really turn it on until his contract year during his initial stay in Seattle.

His three seasons after his rookie year weren't that statistically different

2016 - 45 tackles and 10 sacks
2017 - 31 tackles and 9 sacks
2018 - 40 tackles and 13 sacks

Keep in mind that he only played 15 games in 2016 vs 16 in both 2017 and 2018.

Where his numbers drop is after he left us. In KC, his tackle count varied from 20-35 and his sack count from 4.5 - 8

Seattle totals

4 years (62 games) (including his rookie year which was his lowest) 131 tackles / 35 sacks
Per game - 2.11 tackles / .5645 sacks

KC Totals

4 years (58 games) 118 tackles / 23.5 sacks
Per game - 2.03 tackles / .405 sacks

bileever

Reaction score
Clark was injured at the beginning of the season, and with the season going sideways, the Broncos decided to try to get rid of some of their more expensive pieces, like Gregory and Clark. I don't think Denver's assessment means that much--they haven't been a good evaluator of talent recently.

I think we have Frank Clark under the best of situations. He's under contract only until the end of the year, meaning we can move on and no cap hit next year. He also has maximum incentive to show that he's still the man, and he has 11 games to do that. If he wants to get a decent offer for next year, he's going to have to do it now, and can't wait for the post-season because there's no guarantees there. He also is probably motivated by Sean Payton's remarks that the Broncos have better players than him.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I think our D is just now starting to gel, so in that sense better now than later adding a guy like Clark. He will NOT replace Nwosu. But he could mitigate that loss. Also think the price was less than required to get one of the three I would have preferred. I really feel like our depth could have covered, but having Clark will hopefully reinforce that ability. Also rejoining with Reed will help with the gel thing a bit.
As someone else said, at least we did SOMETHING.

Wartooth

Reaction score
Feels like when they've signed used up edge rushers in the past... Wistrom, Kerney, Clowny... They should have called Bruce, see if he was willing to get off the couch for a few snaps.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Clark is better than Taylor. Probably better than the guy we lost too.

And that improved pass rush will help our corners.
Peak Clark maybe. Certainly not this version. Nwosu is significantly better.

Atradees

Reaction score
I wasnt in favor of resigning Clark for 20 plus million a season back when the chiefs signed him away from us or whatever. This is one of them prove it deals and Reed as its been said= has done well with that. I felt like Frank also whiffed on too many plays.

Latest posts