Freeing up cap space?

hawk45

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2tj1xoac said:
This is insane.

"Box safety"

You know Kam was a box safety right? Never had 9 sacks in a season. Dam good safety.

Adams is nowhere near as bad as most of you say in coverage. He dropped some pics, but had consistently tight coverage on close plays. I have come to terms with poor coaching of db's in general in the whole nfl and college. No one in the league plays the ball and no one turns their head when covering. Not even the best supposed cb Ramsey does it.

I have been saying since the season began to switch to a 34. They would use less lineman and and more lbs. Adam's is a linebacker. Rolb or lolb. Ok in coverage, better at blitzing and playing in the backfield. Let neal and diggs play the back end. Think about Adam's, wags, wright and brooks all around the line of scrimmage in base d. That would be crazy.

Our dline and pressuring the qb is great. They got better as the season wore on. They will be fine. The only reason anybody still wants to bring it up is because the seahawks didnt trade for their favorite available dlineman and instead got a great safety.

Restructure a few higher paid. Sign carson back at lowely 8 million. Fact that some of you call that high is ridiculous for our most productive back in 5 years.

Let griffin walk, release brown, dunlap and jarran reed or get what you can in trade. Draft only oline and cb.

We will be fine.
Kam made the box a no go zone, could cover without looking lost (not talking just hands but also spatial awareness and body control with ball in the air), was healthy until the end, and, most importantly, never cost upwards of 16 mil.

I might take Adams for Kam money, although the injuries make even that dicey. But to compare the two as if they were the same situation despite contract values, skill sets, and injuries is laughable and that doesn’t even cover the switching to 3-4 and madden scenarios in the post.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
hawk45":28bd7u28 said:
jamescasey1124":28bd7u28 said:
This is insane.

"Box safety"

You know Kam was a box safety right? Never had 9 sacks in a season. Dam good safety.

Adams is nowhere near as bad as most of you say in coverage. He dropped some pics, but had consistently tight coverage on close plays. I have come to terms with poor coaching of db's in general in the whole nfl and college. No one in the league plays the ball and no one turns their head when covering. Not even the best supposed cb Ramsey does it.

I have been saying since the season began to switch to a 34. They would use less lineman and and more lbs. Adam's is a linebacker. Rolb or lolb. Ok in coverage, better at blitzing and playing in the backfield. Let neal and diggs play the back end. Think about Adam's, wags, wright and brooks all around the line of scrimmage in base d. That would be crazy.

Our dline and pressuring the qb is great. They got better as the season wore on. They will be fine. The only reason anybody still wants to bring it up is because the seahawks didnt trade for their favorite available dlineman and instead got a great safety.

Restructure a few higher paid. Sign carson back at lowely 8 million. Fact that some of you call that high is ridiculous for our most productive back in 5 years.

Let griffin walk, release brown, dunlap and jarran reed or get what you can in trade. Draft only oline and cb.

We will be fine.
Kam made the box a no go zone, could cover without looking lost (not talking just hands but also spatial awareness and body control with ball in the air), was healthy until the end, and, most importantly, never cost upwards of 16 mil.

I might take Adams for Kam money, although the injuries make even that dicey. But to compare the two as if they were the same situation despite contract values, skill sets, and injuries is laughable and that doesn’t even cover the switching to 3-4 and madden scenarios in the post.

Your wrong too. Kam wasnt the best in coverage either. He definitely had some plays he could of made instead of looking for the hit first. The secondary still got sliced and diced on occasion by really good tes to Kams side of the field. Both kam and Adam's can play outside linebacker cause both of them have in higher db packages. The coverage skills is what separates them, however if Adam's doesnt have several dropped interceptions this year everyone would be singing the different tune. Adam's has also made the box a no go zone. While not in hitting, but in ability which he has over kam. He is always around the play. Not a big hit here and there, but play after play around the ball. Specially behind the line of scrimmage. Oh...and dont assume you know more than anyone. I dont just play madden and come in here to rant. I'm really not any good at madden so I dont play much. I watch the games homie. Every play. Adams is worth the money and can play down permanently.

Fade

Reaction score
WarHawks":1u98kjso said:
If Russ is so concerned about getting more superstars, why doesn't he take a voluntary pay cut like Brady did? Why is this so rarely discussed?

Because Seattle will just blow it on JAGs. They spent $50M on JAGs last off-season. They had cap space. They had draft picks, wasted them on a box safety. They blew it.

The problem with the Seahawks hasn't been their lack of resources, it's been their horrible allocation of said resources. Then obtuse fans get pissed off and blame the QB for not being perfect on a snap to snap basis in a predictable, dinosaur scheme, behind a poorly built O-Line.

Rinse/Repeat for going on 6 seasons now. Pete's answer to this is to just keep on keeping on. Wilson doesn't want to go though it again. He wants change. He isn't insane.

Tom Brady's cap hit in 2020: $28M
Wilson's cap hit in 2020: $31M

What would the Seahawks have down with a measly $3M difference to put them over TB, GB, & the Rams this season?

This argument is lazy, and allows Pete to get away with his mismanagement of the roster year after year.