Frenzy keeps rolling

Scout

Reaction score
Mac isn't messing around. His goal is to have specialized defenders to play the run or pass. These players will be moved around based on what he is trying to do on certain down and distances.

The defense isn't going to be like years past where you rely solely on 11 "starters" but more so a deep bench of players you rotate in the front seven or back secondary.

Scout

Reaction score
Hawks can definitely go BAP now when drafting for defense and don't have to force a rookie into the starting lineup. That is actually better than I thought early on in the off season because it seems Mac has the players he needs to run his defense now without the team having to draft for need to fill a spot.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
With Hankins in the fold, I’m half expecting them to move on from Jones ether cut or traded post June 1st or possibly hold on to him until the deadline just in case and if they can afford to especially if they don’t get a draft body to replace him.

Reed is probably better suited to play the edge role in a 3-4 than at NT. We know this. Now with Williams, Hankins, and Reed you got guys that can both hold the line and shed vs the run game, as well as collapse the pocket vs the pass.

Scout

Reaction score
I am not sure why some people are convinced Jones is a cut or trade candidate. Mac is bringing a new scheme which may utilize Jones' skills far more.

If it is anything close to how Evero was using D. Jones in Denver I think Mac might want to hold onto D. Jones.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I am not sure why some people are convinced Jones is a cut or trade candidate. Mac is bringing a new scheme which may utilize Jones' skills far more.

If it is anything close to how Evero was using D. Jones in Denver I think Mac might want to hold onto D. Jones.
Interesting point but if they do get rid of Jones,I feel like they can replace
him in different ways.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score

I like Jones more than most and honestly it would be better for depth reasons to keep him, but 1) he will likely have quality value to someone who misses out in the draft that needs a player with his skill set.
2) Seahawks have to be close to their limit cap wise, if they need more cap for whatever reasons I think a post June departure frees up around $10-11m.

But I’ll stipulate that it depends really what they can get out of the draft if they bring on another player with a similar profile I think he’s probably gone.

BigMeach

Reaction score
The ups and downs of reactions in free agency is always hilarious

SPOHAWK

Reaction score
Jones is fine, gosh the haters...you realize he was playing out of position when Chena went down right move him back he'll be fine!

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Funny how we go from "never enough pass rushers" to "probably cut Jones now" in rapid succession. :LOL:
Probably would have helped Jones' case if he could rush the passer.

That said, like others are saying, I'll assume Mac has something in mind specifically for guys like Jones, Taylor, and Hankins.