Game Moved to Tuesday

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1oeqe6rh said:
has been THE MOST RESPONSIBLE TEAM in the league when it comes to Covid. Testing twice as much as any other team, wearing masks at times even in practice. Russell Wilson even tests every day. We have had amongst the fewest positive cases in the league.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

snackdaddy":1oeqe6rh said:
The Rams did everything right. All cases were vaccinated players. The league made it clear that forfeit was possible if players were not vaccinated. Not to mention some of the cases were false positives.

If you were hoping for a depleted roster or forfeit, that's pretty weak. Sounds like you think its the only way you can win.

I agree.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Probably best to follow the money, to be honest.

The idea of forfeiting a game loses probably a drop in the bucket of what the NFL rakes in every year, but it is after all a corporation.

Also, it would be a nightmare to suss out the playoff situation with forfeited games in the mix. It's already a nightmare.

I would be angry if the Hawks were in the mix for a #1 seed, or even making the playoffs, but really for me it's not getting angry about this year. Tuesday will have a reason to exist for once.

K

K.J WRIGHT

SoulfishHawk":uhzenyga said:
Didn't you hear, they have ZERO chance of winning. :roll:

Want to put your money where your mouth is ?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Anyone know why it was moved to Tuesday and not Monday? I think Monday would have been better to have the game but whatever. Especially since both the Seahawks and the Rams have a Sunday game the following week.

RiverDog

Reaction score
WmHBonney":8dmcx6bs said:
My question? How do we know that the Rams, Browns and WFT followed all of the protocols? If they did not, then these games should have been forfeited. As per the official NFL rules/policies. Also, I too am more concerned with the very short week before the Bears game. What about "player safety" for that game?

The major tool to fight the spread of the disease was vaccinations, and if the league is 95% vaccinated, we can be pretty sure that all the teams are relatively close to that mark.

If it were to come out that the Rams were only 60% vaccinated and the majority of their positives were from unvaccinated individuals, then I'd be outraged that they weren't forced to forfeit the game. But I'm pretty sure that the league looked at that scenario before they made their decision to reschedule the games. From what I understand, nearly all the positives are from vaccinated players.

RiverDog

Reaction score
hawkfan68":3nk5hd3n said:
Anyone know why it was moved to Tuesday and not Monday? I think Monday would have been better to have the game but whatever. Especially since both the Seahawks and the Rams have a Sunday game the following week.

They moved the Browns-Raiders game back two days and apparently wanted to do the same with Rams-Hawks and Eagles-WFT. It was better for television programming/ratings to have 2 games on Monday/Tuesday instead of 3 or 4 games on Monday.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
RiverDog":10j50wsn said:
WmHBonney":10j50wsn said:
My question? How do we know that the Rams, Browns and WFT followed all of the protocols? If they did not, then these games should have been forfeited. As per the official NFL rules/policies. Also, I too am more concerned with the very short week before the Bears game. What about "player safety" for that game?

The major tool to fight the spread of the disease was vaccinations, and if the league is 95% vaccinated, we can be pretty sure that all the teams are relatively close to that mark.

If it were to come out that the Rams were only 60% vaccinated and the majority of their positives were from unvaccinated individuals, then I'd be outraged that they weren't forced to forfeit the game. But I'm pretty sure that the league looked at that scenario before they made their decision to reschedule the games. From what I understand, nearly all the positives are from vaccinated players.

Yep for us every positive was from a vaxed player (only have one not vaxed).

Also, I think people complaining about this are missing the mark: the Seahawks would not want a forfeit. The players wouldn't be paid.

If give the choice between playing the game Tuesday or losing a game check, I'd bet they would all choose Tuesday. Part of the forfeit rules is that both teams lose the game checks.

And McVay said multiple times that the frustrating thing about this is that the Rams players have followed all the protocols

HawkOG70’

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3f0yvahx said:
Scorpion05":3f0yvahx said:
has been THE MOST RESPONSIBLE TEAM in the league when it comes to Covid. Testing twice as much as any other team, wearing masks at times even in practice. Russell Wilson even tests every day. We have had amongst the fewest positive cases in the league.

Somehow I'm not surprised.

snackdaddy":3f0yvahx said:
The Rams did everything right. All cases were vaccinated players. The league made it clear that forfeit was possible if players were not vaccinated. Not to mention some of the cases were false positives.

If you were hoping for a depleted roster or forfeit, that's pretty weak. Sounds like you think its the only way you can win.

I agree.
I'd like to see the dirty birds take the 49ers out to the woodshed on Sunday guy. Good luck. I like your squad tbh Falcons are starting to play well

cymatica

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":pillqxlc said:
Scorpion05":pillqxlc said:
The NFL released protocols in July, stating that games will not be postponed and that if a team has an outbreak, they risk forfeiting..

The protocols released in July that you're referring to were to specifically address unvaccinated player outbreaks in order to emphasize the importance of the players getting vaccinated.

Yeah because if you aren't vaccinated you might catch and spread the virus..... :34853_doh:

Elemas

Reaction score
Not risk, or could be…

WILL be forfeited.

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-covid-19-o ... elled-game

But, I don’t know if they have unvaccinated players that caught it.

Dumb rule…we all know the vax doesn’t prevent you from getting it. It is what it is though..

*Edit…just read that all but one player are fully vaccinated. Sorry if this was already in this post (trying to edit before getting shot down). Gotta agree, we’ve got to stop whining here.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
My biggest concern is everybody quoting everybody to make this thread so ******* unreadable.

Please, just post your original thought without quoting everything, bitches.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scorpion05":f3s4ltm1 said:
This is yet another example of media and league bias towards Seattle and the Seahawks that will of course go ignored by people who refuse to acknowledge that bias exists. Pathetic
I think it has less to do about screwing Seattle and more about helping one of the NFL darlings.
I guarantee if the Covid numbers were reversed Seattle would be told to suck it up and play or forfeit because they are not one of the NFL darlings.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Scorpion05":2abh2idg said:
Sgt. Largent":2abh2idg said:
This is yet another example of media and league bias towards Seattle and the Seahawks that will of course go ignored by people who refuse to acknowledge that bias exists. Pathetic

What about the other games that got moved, are there good conspiracy theories for those teams too. Or is it just us?

btw, without Lockett, we got no chance to beat the Rams, with our without covid protocol players.

So you better hope he's available by Tuesday.

BamKam":2abh2idg said:

I knew the anti Seattle tin foil hat conspiracy theories would be coming I just didn't realize it would be so soon.

The NFL released protocols in July, stating that games will not be postponed and that if a team has an outbreak, they risk forfeiting.

The Seattle Seahawks, in response, has been THE MOST RESPONSIBLE TEAM in the league when it comes to Covid. Testing twice as much as any other team, wearing masks at times even in practice. Russell Wilson even tests every day. We have had amongst the fewest positive cases in the league.

Three playoff teams are at risk of forfeit due to massive outbreaks (The Rams, Browns, Washington), and the league reschedules those games at the expense of the Raiders, Eagles, and Seahawks. And you want people to believe that this is all by the book, fully logical, and not based on any bias whatsoever in terms of how those teams are valued in 2021. Okay.

You are absolutely right that the NFL doesn't cater to certain owners and teams, and that there is no evidence of the NFL having a history of bias. It is all tin foil, conspiracy theory stuff.

It is absolutely disgusting that teams who have done things the right way, get zero reward for doing so. And yes, count me as someone who believes Russell Wilson can still perform well even without Lockett. Lockett playing isn't even the point, pretending as if the national media gives a crap about Seattle as a city is laughable. A basketball team is not coming back here, and if the next owner has the chance to sell the Seahawks they will. You should thank Paul Allen for that.

What other biases do we want to pretend doesn't exist in America? Political biases? Social biases? Since every criticism of bias is a conspiracy theory when there's a track record of Seattle getting the short end of the stick in sports. Have a conversation for once instead of dismissing people.
Yep, the rules get changed midsession to help out the better teams.
Play it by the rules, even if it hurts Seattle by Lockett may not being able to play if the game was on Sunday.

And some wonder why the NFL aid getting harder and harder to watch. Between the flagfests and crap like this.
Why don’t we just let Rog and his goons pick who they want to make the playoffs at the beginning of the season and cut out the middle man (regular season relevance). The other teams can just be minor league or feeder teams for the legacy teams.

cymatica

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2sjq2n4w said:
My biggest concern is everybody quoting everybody to make this thread so f*** unreadable.

Please, just post your original thought without quoting everything, b!@ch.

Sorry, won't happen again

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3j1y31o9 said:
Scorpion05":3j1y31o9 said:
The NFL released protocols in July, stating that games will not be postponed and that if a team has an outbreak, they risk forfeiting..

The protocols released in July that you're referring to were to specifically address unvaccinated player outbreaks in order to emphasize the importance of the players getting vaccinated.

Dan GrazianoDan Graziano @DanGrazianoESPN
Specifically, it said if a game cannot be rescheduled due to an outbreak among unvaxxed players, team would responsible would forfeit. These games could, in fact, be rescheduled, and outbreaks were not the result of unvaxxed individuals.

So if you're going to go down the tin foil hat conspiracy road, then again what vendetta or favorites are in play here for the Raiders and Eagles, who also got screwed cause their opponents had a big outbreak?

That is not the entirety of what the memo says:

"If a game is cancelled/ postponed because a club cannot play due to a Covid spike among or resulting from its non-vaccinated players/staff, then the burden of the cancellation or delay will fall on the club experiencing"

The "Resulting From" part could apply to all 3 teams here (the Rams, Browns, Washington). All 3 have at least one unvaccinated player, and the unvaccinated player on at least two of these teams have tested positive.

All three teams have opponents with very minimal Covid cases, because those teams actually follow protocols and are careful. Or at least, we know the Seahawks do.

So to review, we have a team in the Seahawks who busts its butt every week to prevent infections. And an LA team in playoff contention with a super bowl in SOFI stadium and the 3rd richest owner in the NFL...who has a severe outbreak and the Seahawks get punished for it.

And now...if the Seahawks get another positive test on Monday, that player may not play. Whereas from my understanding, Rams players who were already on the list this week will be eligible by Tuesday.

Like I said, never claimed a vendetta. But there are favorites in the NFL. And yes, the Raiders and Eagles are suffering from that lack of favoritism as well, but I would still argue they're in larger media markets and are not as overlooked as the Seahawks. So there's that too.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":34ko8kpw said:
Scorpion05":34ko8kpw said:
Dan Snyder and the WFT have more pull and are one of the most valuable teams in the league. The Browns ownership also have pull.

More than the the Davis or Lurie family? Those are both longtime old school ownership groups with storied franchises.

You guys are grasping at conspiracy straws. Kronke's had majority ownership in the Rams only since 2010, one of the most transient franchises in the NFL for decades.

THAT'S your poster child owner and franchise for a game being moved conspiracy theory? Jesus man.

Wait, you think the Davis and Lurie family, have more power and influence than the 3rd richest owner in the NFL? For the LA Rams?

Okay man. I'm grasping at conspiracy straws, absolutely no chance of favoritism there because Lurie has as much power as Snyder, Jones, and Kronke. Lurie doesn't even have more influence than John Mara.

Al Davis himself, and many in the Raiders organization have felt that the NFL doesn't respect them for years. The idea of certain owners having more influence than others isn't new. Next you're going to tell me that Robert Kraft wasn't shown any favoritism by the NFL for literally soliciting sex trafficking in a massage parlor.