Geno lost that game

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'm not saying Geno's no good or season's done or anything drastic like that but a lot of this one's on his decision making. Seemed was totally locked on one read red zone. That penalty on Walker before the first pick was a killer. But that was a terrible decision to throw to JSN. He had Walker wide open in the flat. It was only 2nd down.

Hopefully he learns from it.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Yep. Holding the ball, not seeing wide open receivers on too many plays, and running away from protection and into sacks.

O-line wasn't great today but Geno made.them look a lot worse than they actually were.

Reminded me of a former QB.
I don't disagree at all.

My Tiers for QBs are:

Elite - Example: Patrick Mahomes and Joe Burrow
Great - Example: Kirk Cousins and Justin Herbert
Very, Very Good - Example: Geno Smith and Derek Carr
Poor - Example: Desmond Ridder and Kenny Pickett

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I don't disagree at all.

My Tiers for QBs are:

Mahomes and Burrow have been anything but elite this year.

Even Mahomes hasn’t been great.

Have you seen Kansas City the past couple of weeks? They are not the same offensive powerhouse they once were. Mahomes has not been elite this year.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Mahomes and Burrow have been anything but elite this year.

Even Mahomes hasn’t been great.

Have you seen Kansas City the past couple of weeks? They are not the same offensive powerhouse they once were. Mahomes has not been elite this year.
They've earned a slow start to the year.

PeruHawk

Reaction score

beastalamode

We lost because pete didn't take the 3 pts right before the 2 min warning. He forgets who his qb is
That is exactly what I thought when I saw them going for the TD on 4th down. Take the 3, get a shot at another 3. Defense had been very good the 2nd half.

Also, Gino was under pressure all day. Not sure why they did not try more runs in the red zone. Surely there are some good running plays in their book that are not "shove it down their throat", a bit of misdirection to confuse the defense.

All game long I was thinking the offensive struggles were on the play calling not adapting to the defense. Sound familiar??

SF also lost, so we did not loose anything in the conference, but it sure would have been nice to be tied with them !!

Last edited:

OneLofaTatupu

Reaction score
We lost to the Bengals. It isn't like we lost to a good team. The Bengals are mediocre as it comes.

You lose to a team like that, it's on more than just the QB. It's like losing to the Browns...not good.
Oh the niners. Silly how they seem to be a mere product of their personnel configuration. Er….huh

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't disagree at all.

My Tiers for QBs are:

Burrow didn't look very "elite" today either.

Film12Hawk

Reaction score
Burrow didn't look very "elite" today either.
He has an injury to his calf. He's also lead the Bengals consistently to the playoffs and won in them. He also has lead them to a Super Bowl. They hadn't won in the playoffs since the 80's before he got there. Personally he also lead the league in completions one year. He's earned the right to an off start. Elite QBs can have slow starts to a season or years. Look at Tom Brady in 2013 before 2014.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
Time to stop wasting time and flogging a dead horse and time to start drafting qb's. They should have drafted one higher last year, but water under the bridge, Yada yada..

morgulon1

Reaction score
We lost to the Bengals. It isn't like we lost to a good team. The Bengals are mediocre as it comes.

You lose to a team like that, it's on more than just the QB. It's like losing to the Browns...not good.
I don't think the Bengals are a bad team. They have one of the best QBs in the league and they've been in the playoffs
Lately. Seattle definitely should have won this game.

acctingman

Reaction score

They are a superbowl level team...wtf are you smoking?????

PeruHawk

Reaction score
Geno is very, very good but he held onto the ball too long, took unnecessary sacks, threw two costly picks, and didn't get us a score once in three trips to the end zone. I just don't see a long term answer in him against elite teams. I'd like to be wrong but I just don't see it in him to be the guy.
Perhaps that was because there were no open receivers? Just a thought. Give the Bengals secondary some credit. They played a good game.

vladimirg98053

Reaction score
Geno is very, very good but he held onto the ball too long, took unnecessary sacks, threw two costly picks, and didn't get us a score once in three trips to the end zone. I just don't see a long term answer in him against elite teams. I'd like to be wrong but I just don't see it in him to be the guy.
You are absolutelly correct - Geno is not reliable QB we can count on.

12forlife

Reaction score

What rock did you just climb out from under? Cincy went to the SB 2 yrs ago, and AFC Championship last season. Not sure how u define mediocre? This loss is directly on Geno, and some poor play calling, and use of personnel. WIth Geno's limitations u have to use the PA, lean on our run game.

Latest posts