Why they lost this game

NoGain

Reaction score
We were 1 for 12 on third down. At some point your QB has to find a way to convert.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Wilson wouldn't have done JACK-SH*T against this Ravens Defense today, else he'd still be rockin' with the Donko's eh?
44 Efin' points given up to the Ravens Offense by THE SEAHAWKS DEFENSE today????????G-E-T ..A..C-L-U-E Pitt

Not saying he would have won the game, but i'm positive he would have done better than 3 freaking points. Your man crush on Geno blinds you buddy.

knownone

Reaction score
You know what they say: anytime your defense gives up 300 rushing yards on 7.3YPC, it's because your QB had a lousy game against the #1 defense in the league.

gmor

Reaction score
How often did Geno alert to a hot route?

I think I may have seen 1, but not sure.
This. At times Geno appears slow in his going through progressions. Could it be that Waldron has not programmed in good hot reads for him. Other than that, he's a good starter for us.

NoGain

Reaction score
Geno is not our QB going into the future. At some point we have to find out what Lock can do, check that box off as well. We've put off using draft capital on a college QB for far too long. And now, with Geno not being the answer, and Lock a very maybe at best, we've pushed ourselves into a corner this coming off season in terms of coming up with a potential solution to our QB problem.

strohmin

Reaction score
They lost because of Pete. Pete only gets them to play hard but does not care about them playing disciplined.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Fans can point the finger in a number of area's. But let's just be real here. Baltimore looks like the best team in Football at the moment. Straight up. No excuses. They we're playing on a different level today.

Last edited:

HawkinNY

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

Hawks got there ass kicked from a better team... it happens this is the NFL..

This loss doesn't matter. Learn from it and move on.

What matters is how they play down the stretch...

LTH
How many games is he going to stink before the blame goes to him? Once the videos come out dissecting his play everyone will see he made some really bad decisions. His play has taken a nose dive the past 3 weeks. If the team doesn’t run the ball like crazy he will not win the game.

hawks85

Reaction score
But you see that's the point. Geno is middling at best. He's never going to be the reason we win. Look at all the serious contenders and you'll see teams with good to great QBs.

Geno is middling.
Yup, If our D wasn't good we would be 2-6 or 1-7. Geno needs to figure this shit out real quick. Theres no more excuses now. Dude is getting paid.

NoGain

Reaction score
10.2 yard average is what we needed on third down.
That's kind of a bouncing ball stat, though. All you need is a couple of 3rd and very longs to skew it.

But yeah, we didn't help ourselves out in that regard.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The Seahawks lost this game because the O line got their ass kicked in the trenches. That Ravens D is a VERY special D.

Why everybody thinks it's Geno's fault is beyond me. It's just stupidity... the Hawks rushed 15 for 28 yards and that's Geno's fault?

Yeah Geno had an INT but it didn't affect the game as the Seahawk D took it right back Geno was sacked 4 times for 38 yards but the pressures he got were enormous!

TOP was 40 min Ravens ,20 min Seahawks that why the Seahawks gave up so many points because they were on the field for way more than they should have.

Did Geno have his best game ... no he did not but what do you really expect a QB to do under that amount of pressure?

Hawks got there ass kicked from a better team... it happens this is the NFL..

This loss doesn't matter. Learn from it and move on.

What matters is how they play down the stretch...

LTH
I agree. The Ravens defense has allowed only 10 — that’s 10 — TDs all season. Walker had 16 yards rushing. If you can’t run the ball or stop the run, you’re going to get your ass stomped no matter who’s playing QB.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Geno is not our QB going into the future. At some point we have to find out what Lock can do, check that box off as well. We've put off using draft capital on a college QB for far too long. And now, with Geno not being the answer, and Lock a very maybe at best, we've pushed ourselves into a corner this coming off season in terms of coming up with a potential solution to our QB problem.

Lock isnt the answer either. He's just another Geno.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I had the same thought . I do think Lock has a little more zip on his passes but I couldn't say that I think his decision making would be any better . A good chance it could be worse .
Exactly. I don't understand the clamoring for Lock.

The team is 5-3. They're not in a position to change QBs. If Lock truly was better, I'd imagine he'd be starting. I saw enough game film of him in Denver to understand why they were okay to move on from him.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Not to take anything away from what anyone has already posted but I will just say that Ravens defense is seriously for real and they were bringing pressure from EVERYWHERE it was insane, not sure if anyone else has noticed a defensive trend lately but a lot of teams are using these crazy Cover 0 blitz packages and the Ravens were no different today, I've never seen anything like that.
It's especially devastating against teams like us with poor guards. It collapses the middle of the pocket often, which is the death knell to an offense with a traditional pocket passer. If you can hold up in the middle and give the QB room to step up, you can gash them. Either that or pound them on the ground and mix in screens. The problem is our weakest unit on both sides of the ball is O-Line

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
I had the same thought . I do think Lock has a little more zip on his passes but I couldn't say that I think his decision making would be any better . A good chance it could be worse .
Lock gives you more bad decisions with more mobility and a huge downgrade in reading defenses. Geno is excellent at it. He just presses at times and like most pocket QBs, needs to be relatively clean more than 50% of the time he drops back.

BTW, 12 personal has seemingly disappeared conspicuously at the same time as our offensive production