Geno Smith resigned In April 2022, Not Today People.

Chawker

Reaction score
What this does is lesson the pressure of trading or drafting a QB and not over paying or over reaching.Geno is a sound back up who can handle the job just fine. I believe this was a good move for the Seahawks, Pete and john are heading in the right direction.

Cheers

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
If ever there was a poor fit between player and coach it is Baker Mayfield and Pete Carroll.
Totally disagree. Personality wise, I think they would get along. Carroll also likes players with a chip on their shoulder, and Mayfield definitely has one of those right now. To even be above mediocre in Cleveland is astonishing in and of itself. With consistent coaching and offensive strategy, Mayfield could definitely fit in Seattle.

Chawker

Reaction score
Totally disagree. Personality wise, I think they would get along. Carroll also likes players with a chip on their shoulder, and Mayfield definitely has one of those right now. To even be above mediocre in Cleveland is astonishing in and of itself. With consistent coaching and offensive strategy, Mayfield could definitely fit in Seattle.
Yeah, but at what cost.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom,

Are you implying you DIDN'T see people posting that Geno would get better results than Wilson, or that we would actually be a better offense under Geno than Wilson?

Just curious. No Geno Pumpers at all? It was all an illusion then?
I think you're creating a demographic that doesn't exist in basically any number whatsoever.

I think there are rational people who said that SOME facets of the offense would improve with Geno in. This is 100% not enough to be labeled a "pumper."

Did more passes get completed over the middle? Yeah. Did the passing game work in a fashion that was closer to how the plays were being drawn up? Almost certainly.

Did he and Russell finish with just about the exact same level of efficiency on the season? Yup.

Do I see anyone claiming that Geno is a long-term future starter in the league with these things in mind?

No lol

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Sidenote: Now that Geno's signed, salary cap wise that completely puts to rest trying to sign Bakerfield. Anyone know about how much cap space is left? We still have draft around the corner.
That's the best part of this signing. No giving up draft capital or cap room to sign Baker. The only question now is do they draft a QB this year or tank and draft next year

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Maelstrom,

Are you implying you DIDN'T see people posting that Geno would get better results than Wilson, or that we would actually be a better offense under Geno than Wilson?

Just curious. No Geno Pumpers at all? It was all an illusion then?
Maelstrom was one of them. He was all in on Geno in the game threads pumping him up like he did something good. Crapping on Russ the entire time. It was pretty hilarious and obtuse.

toffee

Reaction score
Good news about Geno being signed. I think he will be good for the Seahawks. His 103 rating was very encouraging for our future.
That's before DCs dissect Geno's game and make plans to counter. That said, offense did look smoother under him in game that he played

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Maelstrom was one of them. He was all in on Geno in the game threads pumping him up like he did something good. Crapping on Russ the entire time. It was pretty hilarious and obtuse.
Says the dude hyping Baker Mayfield. Hilarious and obtuse indeed.

This is all about managing expectation. Geno gets a glowing review from me because he played at a level much higher than any other point in his career, starting off with a TD drive from his endzone against the eventual Super Bowl champion. That's pretty baller for being a guy most famous for getting his jaw broken by his own teammate.

He came in and, over a 4 game stretch, posted statistics that were nearly on-par with Russell's averages. The reason he gets so much shit is because of his reputation, not his actual play. It's painfully obvious. It's the only reason an actual person could be this hurt over Geno while suggesting Baker Mayfield as a signing with a straight face and all.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Anyway, that's the second thread you've brought up the same game day threads in, so if you've got such a problem with them, my PM's are open. Otherwise, we can certainly play the post-combing game.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Again, Mayfield has been much better than Geno in the NFL. That is the reality. I don't love Mayfield at all. I just realize that if Pete truly wants to compete this year that is the only realistic route to winning. Not Geno, and not Lock.
Personally I'm fine if they sign Mayfield or they don't. I'm certainly not invested in it. You however, seem very strangely invested in a a guy who has never shown any ability to lead a team to winning.

Mix

Reaction score
Vet who has 1 year under the offense.

Mentor for whoever is in the QB room.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Are there actually people who think that Geno effin Smith is better than Baker Mayfield? Something tells me they do. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Are there actually people who think that Geno effin Smith is better than Maker Mayfield? Something tells me they do. :rolleyes:
Please, for the love of all that is good in this world, please tell me "Maker" was a typo and not a nickname for the dude that misses so many open targets that his wide receivers dads are campaigning for their sons to get traded away.

Latest posts