GoFalcons

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Injuries can absolutely account for losses. What they cannot account for, however, is your entire team looking flat and disinterested for the whole game.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13mtauet said:
Injuries can absolutely account for losses. What they cannot account for, however, is your entire team looking flat and disinterested for the whole game.

DUDE.

EXACTLY. THAT WAS MY ENTIRE POINT.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
chris98251":3oz73qmy said:
Marvin49":3oz73qmy said:
chris98251":3oz73qmy said:
Marvin49":3oz73qmy said:
So was at the game and am just now in a position to post.

So, to be clear, there were a number of factors that went into that loss...most notably being down Sherman, Tartt, Williams, Ford, and Jones and they were incapable of covering Julio Jones on the same damn crossing route or covering the TE on a screen all day...but reality is that it was much more than that.

They just looked lethargic all day. Perhaps the gauntlet of the last three weeks caught up? Perhaps it was a lull in the schedule between that aforementioned gauntlet and the Rams and Seahawks games...dunno. They just couldn't get anything going all day on either side of the ball. It was really the first time I saw them look like that all year. Yes the Ravens and Seahawks played them tough, but this was just different...like their energy was just sapped away. I mean the Saints lost to Atlanta and the Ravens lost to the Browns....stuff happens.

So yeah...while there were some factors personnel wise and there were some bad calls IMO (tho they largely went both ways and not in favor of one team over the other), the bottom line to me is they just had a pretty damn bad day at the office. Just wasn't to be today.

Good news from them is that the MASH unit didn't lose anyone new this week and that the Seahawks loss to the Rams last week meant the 49ers COULD lose to either the Rams or Falcons and still win the division with a win in Seattle.

Well, today eliminated the cushion. If Niners beat the Rams and Seahawks, they are still the #1 seed in the NFC. If they keep playing like they did today tho they will be eliminated in the Wild Card Round.

Poor 49ers lost because of injuries, pity they are the lone team that has them and uses them as a excuse every time they lose.

Did I say pity them? Did I say injuries were only factor? No. In fact I said the opposite.

Stop with the straw man arguments.

Niner lost and deserved to do so. It was their worst game of the season so far and it was far more than injuries....JUST. AS. I. SAID.

You have been using your injuries as an excuse and pre excuse all season, own it.
:snack:

Washington49er

Reaction score
Marvin49":3152z6mv said:
RolandDeschain":3152z6mv said:

DUDE.

Oooh all caps, watch out Marv means business now.

His problem is nothing that a little Vagisil won't take care of.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Marvin49":5r3kotcd said:
RolandDeschain":5r3kotcd said:

DUDE.

My reply was primarily directed at some other Niner fans in here. Chill, Marvin. :)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":3a5ah4zq said:
Marvin49":3a5ah4zq said:
chris98251":3a5ah4zq said:
Marvin49":3a5ah4zq said:
Please.

Injuries are real. Some teams are hit harder than others.

Are you going to sit there and suggest being down their starting DT, SS, #1CB, Slot CB, and DE had ZERO impact on the game?

Are you going to suggest being down BOTH starting tackles has zero impact earlier in the year. Are you suggesting that not having their #1 and #2 pass catchers vs Seattle had no effect? Of course they did. It would be obtuse to think otherwise.

Saying that being down THREE of your top 5 DBs MIGHT have been a factor isn't exactly earth shattering. Of course every team has injuries, but do you think its some sort of coincidence that suddenly the Niner D looks like a shadow of its former self.?

Pointing that out doesn't excuse the loss but it does explain part of it. I stated in my previous post and the response that injuries weren't the only reason...but instead you choose to attack anyway. If Russell Wilson broke his leg and couldn't play in week 17, is it your stance that you wouldn't even MENTION it as a factor? Please.

Spin as you will, our injuries have been prevalent since day one in one position or groups of positions or another yet you like others would be pissing all over us if we came of using that as the main excuse for losing.

In my mind the GM and coaching comes out when the depth has to be infused into a team to play. Everyone can have potential all stars playing and win, it's when they are not you see how good a staff you really have.

Who was comparing? Did I say "the Seahawks haven't had as many injuries"? Did I say "the Falcons haven't had as many injuries"?

No. I said the injuries were a factor. They were. At no point did I say they were the "main reason".

I ALSO said the team was off all day and lethargic...which had nothing to do with injuries. You are CHOOSING to spin what I'm saying.

As for what I would say had 'hawk fans blamed injury? DUnno...but neither do you. I've never done what you are saying I would do. Nope. You just made it up to make some point that I'm not yet grasping.

Niners lost because they were flat. They had very little life in them.

The injures were ALSO a factor. The entire point of my original post was to say, "yes, the Niners had a rash of injuries coming out of NO, but they were NOT the primary reason for losing".

And Saint 49er rides in again. Now I know why they call you spin Dr.

Oh no he didn’t....... LOL.......

This thread just got all kinds of delicious. :2thumbs:
Niner on Niner carnage!
I like it!

< in my best evil announcer voice >
2 Niner trolls walk into the steel cage, only one walks out!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":ynbp9wdh said:

Niner on Niner carnage!
I like it!

I'm pretty sure Marvin would whoop his bitch ass.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":37ni4qij said:
Marvin49":37ni4qij said:
RolandDeschain":37ni4qij said:

DUDE.

My reply was primarily directed at some other Niner fans in here. Chill, Marvin. :)

No need.

Wasn't directed at you either...more other Seahawk fans on this site.

As for that other Niner fan here...just ignore him. Its glorious. He's taken to PMing me now to tell me how to post and teach me the errors of my ways...to be more like him I suppose.

Right. M'Kay.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Washington49er":2rfu968c said:
Marvin49":2rfu968c said:
RolandDeschain":2rfu968c said:

DUDE.

Oooh all caps, watch out Marv means business now.

His problem is nothing that a little Vagisil won't take care of.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

:snack:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1vya6g7m said:
Sports Hernia":1vya6g7m said:

Niner on Niner carnage!
I like it!

I'm pretty sure Marvin would whoop his b!@ch ass.
On the surface you’d think so, but it’d be more like 2 ninnies slap fighting.
I could see LivinginHawktown/wa9’er “low blowing” Marvin, and then pulling a roll of quarters out of his own tights and popping him with a real wimpy sucker punch that slightly stuns Marvin but as LivinginHawktown tries to escape Marvin pulls him back in the cage. After a series of back handed bitch slaps back and forth......The match ends in a draw as they both pass out from exhaustion.

Washington49er

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3tpv2fg0 said:
Sports Hernia":3tpv2fg0 said:

Niner on Niner carnage!
I like it!

I'm pretty sure Marvin would whoop his b!@ch ass.

I'll take that bet, how much? You set it up.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Washington49er":sg8buq56 said:
I'll take that bet, how much? You set it up.

looks-like-we-got-a-badass-over-here.jpg

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yep it’s fun watching these guys go at each other but not as much fun as watching the last few minutes of that game.

Holy Catfish, I still smile when I think about it, and I’d bet a $ that most Hawk fans feel the same.

Washington49er

Reaction score
pmedic920":62oh413q said:
Yep it’s fun watching these guys go at each other but not as much fun as watching the last few minutes of that game.

Holy Catfish, I still smile when I think about it, and I’d bet a $ that most Hawk fans feel the same.

Probably almost as fun as it was for 49er fans watching the Hawks get rammed last week.

Any given Sunday

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
pmedic920":33ialmek said:

It was one hell of a finish. I was fairly sure we'd get screwed out of being fortunate enough to have that game go our way, but NOPE! :lol: