Gonzaga Basketball 2021-22

Crizilla

Reaction score
I'm picking DUKE to win it all. Coach K's final year? Too perfect of a story...even ESPN radio admitted Duke is going to get close calls late in games LOL...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
How funny would it be if Arizona won the championship in Tommy Lloyd's first season as head coach? That would have to upset Mark Few a bit.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":2sfk5ogh said:
How funny would it be if Arizona won the championship in Tommy Lloyd's first season as head coach? That would have to upset Mark Few a bit.

Uh, no? All that would do is cement Few's legacy even more. An ex-assistant coach from Gonzaga winning it all? That would give Gonzaga's program even more recognition.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Crizilla":24hbzfrh said:
Hawk-Lock":24hbzfrh said:

Uh, no? All that would do is cement Few's legacy even more. An ex-assistant coach from Gonzaga winning it all? That would give Gonzaga's program even more recognition.

Agree to disagree then. Obviously everyone knows Few is an elite coach, but if his assistant wins the championship in his first season that would at least be a slight jab at Few.

I don’t think this is the Zags year, just don’t like their guard play enough. At some point they will need scoring from someone other than Timme and Holmgren. If one of the wings or guards steps up, then they got a chance. But for now I don’t trust their outside guys.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I doubt that will be looked at as a stain on Few but I also doubt that Arizona wins it either. I agree that the Zags guard play just isn't quite what it needs to be this year. I would also say they have a shot just because of their backcourt. This team isn't quite as good as last years though. Last years team was amazing so that isn't a slight.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Zags have a tough match up against Memphis coming up. Long athletic team that can really defend. Their guard play is suspect though and that's a good thing for the Zags as that is where I feel that GU can be beat. I do think the Zags win this match up.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
If Lloyd wins it, it is not a slight against Few. I just think it will be funny that his assistant wins it in his first season whereas Few has been trying for more than 20 years.

Don’t see Memphis giving Gonzaga too much trouble. Memphis likes to play fast which plays into Gonzaga’s strength. The team that could give the trouble is Texas Tech. They are legit.

TransGenderHawkFan

Reaction score
If Lloyd wins it, it is not a slight against Few. I just think it will be funny that his assistant wins it in his first season whereas Few has been trying for more than 20 years.

Don’t see Memphis giving Gonzaga too much trouble. Memphis likes to play fast which plays into Gonzaga’s strength. The team that could give the trouble is Texas Tech. They are legit.
You were incorrect. Memphis gave Gonzaga trouble. In the end, Gonzaga put the boots to Memphis. Arkansas is the same team as Memphis, but not as deep with the big men.

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
WTF is the deal with Strawther? If that guy could make a shot, these games would be much easier.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Zags when they are hot can beat anyone. Hate relying on Timme, but he finally showed vs good competition that he can not only play well but be dominant. Chet needs to foul with some authority. Arkansas is going to be a tougher Memphis, but no one in this tournament can beat Gonzaga at its best.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
I'm picking DUKE to win it all. Coach K's final year? Too perfect of a story...even ESPN radio admitted Duke is going to get close calls late in games LO

I'm picking DUKE to win it all. Coach K's final year? Too perfect of a story...even ESPN radio admitted Duke is going to get close calls late in games LOL...
I actually had Texas Tech beating Duke before March madness even started once the brackets were out. And I'm gonna stand by that. IT will be Texas Tech versus Gonzaga to go to the final 4.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
If the Gonzaga bulldogs get past Arkansas razorbacks, Texas Tech scares me more than Duke. I fully believe this is a year for the Gonzaga bulldogs.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I like this match up for the zags. Only way I see them losing is if Notae disrupts our offensive flow and causes a lot of turnovers. They don't have the size down low to compete for 40 minutes. Eventually we will wear them down.
That said please hit your free throws!

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Zags down late. Always thought this was probably their weakest team in a long time.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Zags down late. Always thought this was probably their weakest team in a long time.
Its definitely their weakest guard play in a while. No real shooters either. This loss surprises me because GU is a vastly superior team than the Razorbacks but I did not see this team as a lock for the final four at all. The reffing in this game was atrocious by the way. Taking Chet out of that game both in the first and second halves made a really big difference. I really hate that the NCAA constantly rewards teams that foul constantly.

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
But to our/their credit Zags fans say the same things every year. I'm not shocked, but am again surprised by an early Zags exit. Hasn't been "our" year yet, but...next year is only a year away.

What? Lol.