Hall Of Shame

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":yg11mk5q said:
Posting in the Gameday forum. :mrgreen:

My wife and I did scare the living crap out of our special needs daughter (2 at that time) during the Beast Quake run too... screaming and jumping around like maniacs will do that.

Epic...

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
tacomahawk":3nw9n76y said:
I left the Green Bay hail Mary game about two minutes to early. I had to work graveyard :(

Better man than me :thirishdrinkers:

bkit29

Reaction score
HawkFan72":iu39zkwf said:
FlyingGreg":iu39zkwf said:

My wife and I did scare the living crap out of our special needs daughter (2 at that time) during the Beast Quake run too... screaming and jumping around like maniacs will do that.

haha I scared the crap out of my infant son too. He was bawling while I was jumping all over the house screaming.

I was in the bathroom taking a dump at that moment. To this day my wife gives me crap about taking a crap!

509hawk

Reaction score
RockHawk":2wwgikz1 said:
509hawk":2wwgikz1 said:
Passed out drunk at multiple games... :-/

Last year I had plans with the girlfriend after the Atlanta game but I just curled up into a ball and blew her off. She wasn't happy.

No offense, but I've never understood the folks that get drunk at a game. I want to be present and enjoy the game, and also the drunk people usually are the ones that act like idiots (getting kicked out, spilling beer all over people, ect). Guess I've never understood the reasoning for doing so.

This is the hall of shame thread right? I am not proud but it has happened a couple times, never spilled beer or been kicked out. :thirishdrinkers:

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
bkit29":rd7bjo2y said:
HawkFan72":rd7bjo2y said:
FlyingGreg":rd7bjo2y said:

haha I scared the crap out of my infant son too. He was bawling while I was jumping all over the house screaming.

I was in the bathroom taking a dump at that moment. To this day my wife gives me crap about taking a crap!

Now that's good!

MOCHawk

Reaction score
Anyone else own a Koren Robinson jersey?

I fairly routinely turned off games last year. My expectations are too high sometimes and I get sooo pissed when they do something stupid. Didn't watch the 2nd half of the final game last year, for instance.

Also created a thread last year asking everyone if they enjoyed watching the Seahawks play. I think that was after 4 games or so. Again, I guess I expected them to not only win, but destroy every game. I think I'm better now, but we will see. And I expect a close game tomorrow, so maybe that will help.

MOCHawk

Reaction score
Anyone else own a Koren Robinson jersey?

I fairly routinely turned off games last year. My expectations are too high sometimes and I get sooo pissed when they do something stupid. Didn't watch the 2nd half of the final game last year, for instance.

Also created a thread last year asking everyone if they enjoyed watching the Seahawks play. I think that was after 4 games or so. Again, I guess I expected them to not only win, but destroy every game. I think I'm better now, but we will see. And I expect a close game tomorrow, so maybe that will help.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
DrDiags... thank you for posting your story. I know what a nice, kind, thoughtful man you are. Hearing that you had the same "overdoing it" issues I did and had to take a break makes me feel a lot better. If the bug can get a guy like you, then I don't feel as bad. You did something about it, and that's what I'm doing too. I'm going to watch the game with my son, and I wear a little wristband that he and I each wear all the time that reminds us to use kind words, to not get angry (he has had some issues of imitating his dumb old dad the past few months), and if either of us gets worked up, we'll turn the game off and play a game or read a book together. We're going to make this a positive. :)

ivotuk

Reaction score
SharkHawk":ckd01nnu said:
DrDiags... thank you for posting your story. I know what a nice, kind, thoughtful man you are. Hearing that you had the same "overdoing it" issues I did and had to take a break makes me feel a lot better. If the bug can get a guy like you, then I don't feel as bad. You did something about it, and that's what I'm doing too. I'm going to watch the game with my son, and I wear a little wristband that he and I each wear all the time that reminds us to use kind words, to not get angry (he has had some issues of imitating his dumb old dad the past few months), and if either of us gets worked up, we'll turn the game off and play a game or read a book together. We're going to make this a positive. :)

Haha! I'll just take a Xanax if I get too worked up :p That is really cool though about the armband Shark, have a lot of respect for you, even with I disagree with your posts :D

SharkHawk

Reaction score
You agree with everything I say. You just haven't come to terms with the fact that you subconsciously know I am right. ;)

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I wore a hilariously bad Hulk Hogan costume to games for 5 years until
the man himself got a reality show and wrecked the fun of it.

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
I cried when we lost to the Bears in the divisional round in '06.....

Get off my back I was 12 years old.

I also punched a hole in a wall on another more recent occasion. I made sure to do it in a closet so it was less noticeable. My girl has yet to find said hole.

Yeah, I need to work on my football emotions.....

Greenhell

Reaction score
kearly":2f01vwd9 said:
I dropped my Seahawks allegiance for a couple weeks after we drafted Aaron Curry. I saw it coming, but I was still indescribably pissed over that.

I bought an Aaron Curry jersey before the start of his rookie season. :(

Greenhell

Reaction score
JSeahawks":1xr4j94x said:
I own a Julius Jones jersey. And yes, I paid for it. :oops:

I also do not yell when the team is on defense. I stand and watch silently (When i'm at the games).

I'm gonna one up you on the jersey purchase. I bought an Aaron Curry jersey before the start of his rookie season. To this day, it still hangs in my basement closet. Even tried to give it my buddy who's a Raider fan when Curry went to the Raiders. :oops:

camdawg

Reaction score
Ugh...something I feel ashamed for.....those of you who live in the Seattle area, remember the winter of 2008-09? How it seemed like the snow and ice shut the city down several times?

I had tickets to the Jets game-Holmgren's swan song....and didn't go...figuring I didn't know if I could make it to the stadium, especially on time-and the three win Seahawks were going to lose anyway. I learned to never, ever, count the Hawks out.

Atradees

Reaction score
Watched the game in my hotel (which angered my fiance'). We had a trip at the Oregon coast.

I still love the Seahawks. Thats the irony.

Mase

Reaction score
-- Someone mentioned watching a game with a girlfriend, and that reminded me of mine. I was dating a girl back in '95, and took her to a game at the Kingdome. It was vs. the Chiefs and we got absolutely crushed in that game, 41 or 38 to 3 or something like that. I had put on a "good face" as we were leaving, and keep in mind, I never drink at games. But when we got to the Thrift Store parking across the street, she was walking up the steps in front of me, and she says "Oooh no" then spins around, looks at me and says, "Wait, wait there sec". I of course keep coming up the stairs and look past her. Yep....uh oh. There is some stone drunk guy wearing a ratty Derrick Thomas jersey, and he is pissing on the grill of my truck.

-- Kaboom, I say what the f@$& are you doing, and he gives me some glassy eyed look, and says something like "not a good day, huh?" I lost it, head right for him. This girl jumps right in front of me, trying to calm me, saying ignore him he's drunk. She talks me into my truck, then as she is taking binoculars from around her neck the guy makes thumb and finger circles up by his eyes, in my opinion mocking her, so I am back out of the truck again. This girl is now sprawled across the front seat of my truck hanging on to me for dear life, first begging me to get in the truck, then threatening me with the predictable I will never speak to you again, we will never go out again. She says, there are four of them (referring to his 3 friends in the van beside us) but I respond, "I know that, f@#& them all" So after many more expletives, I get in the truck and as I am leaving, I roll down the window, flick a quarter at him and say " have another beer, and drive home real fast."

-- So 30 minutes of driving silence later, with me still seething, she says "what was that? You are a grown man willing to fight over a football game." I tried the lame defense of it had nothing to do with losing, it was the fact that he was pissing on my truck. But damn her for being smart, she responds "Really? if he had been wearing a Cortez jersey, would that have gone the same way? No, you would have put your arm around him, joked about his aim, and told him to have a nice day".

-- That day literally changed my life. There was still a lot of silence on that ride home, and although she was still a bit mad, I had become more reflective. It completely changed my viewpoint as a fan. I still go to every game I can, I get annoyed by obnoxious fans around me, whether they be Hawk or foe, but I dismiss it all as being the price you pay for live events. I will warn any of you that this has happened to more recently, or will in the next few years, people may be cheering, but that is just mob mentality. In the grand scheme of things, you're an idiot, just like I was. You can love the Hawks with all your heart, I know I do, but once you take that next step, you are a lesser person. We have undercovers in the stands now, because too many "fans" are letting the competition get off the field and into the stands.

-- This past July I celebrated being married to that woman for 15 years. And having perspective in sports is one of the best gifts she has ever given me, as now I can celebrate the highs just as high (tearing up with my Dad, in the stadium, 4th quarter, NFCCG) but I never get anywhere near the lows (friends I used to play football with on the weekends of all things, told me I was an a-hole after Hawk losses back then, and no one liked playing me those days). Now is better. I have coached sports for 8 years now, and I always ask for dicipline from my players. I can only do that because my wife helped ME find some 18 years ago.

Mase

rjdriver

Reaction score
Mase":3qmi3trr said:
-- Someone mentioned watching a game with a girlfriend, and that reminded me of mine. I was dating a girl back in '95, and took her to a game at the Kingdome. It was vs. the Chiefs and we got absolutely crushed in that game, 41 or 38 to 3 or something like that. I had put on a "good face" as we were leaving, and keep in mind, I never drink at games. But when we got to the Thrift Store parking across the street, she was walking up the steps in front of me, and she says "Oooh no" then spins around, looks at me and says, "Wait, wait there sec". I of course keep coming up the stairs and look past her. Yep....uh oh. There is some stone drunk guy wearing a ratty Derrick Thomas jersey, and he is pissing on the grill of my truck.

-- Kaboom, I say what the f@$& are you doing, and he gives me some glassy eyed look, and says something like "not a good day, huh?" I lost it, head right for him. This girl jumps right in front of me, trying to calm me, saying ignore him he's drunk. She talks me into my truck, then as she is taking binoculars from around her neck the guy makes thumb and finger circles up by his eyes, in my opinion mocking her, so I am back out of the truck again. This girl is now sprawled across the front seat of my truck hanging on to me for dear life, first begging me to get in the truck, then threatening me with the predictable I will never speak to you again, we will never go out again. She says, there are four of them (referring to his 3 friends in the van beside us) but I respond, "I know that, f@#& them all" So after many more expletives, I get in the truck and as I am leaving, I roll down the window, flick a quarter at him and say " have another beer, and drive home real fast."

-- So 30 minutes of driving silence later, with me still seething, she says "what was that? You are a grown man willing to fight over a football game." I tried the lame defense of it had nothing to do with losing, it was the fact that he was pissing on my truck. But damn her for being smart, she responds "Really? if he had been wearing a Cortez jersey, would that have gone the same way? No, you would have put your arm around him, joked about his aim, and told him to have a nice day".

-- That day literally changed my life. There was still a lot of silence on that ride home, and although she was still a bit mad, I had become more reflective. It completely changed my viewpoint as a fan. I still go to every game I can, I get annoyed by obnoxious fans around me, whether they be Hawk or foe, but I dismiss it all as being the price you pay for live events. I will warn any of you that this has happened to more recently, or will in the next few years, people may be cheering, but that is just mob mentality. In the grand scheme of things, you're an idiot, just like I was. You can love the Hawks with all your heart, I know I do, but once you take that next step, you are a lesser person. We have undercovers in the stands now, because too many "fans" are letting the competition get off the field and into the stands.

-- This past July I celebrated being married to that woman for 15 years. And having perspective in sports is one of the best gifts she has ever given me, as now I can celebrate the highs just as high (tearing up with my Dad, in the stadium, 4th quarter, NFCCG) but I never get anywhere near the lows (friends I used to play football with on the weekends of all things, told me I was an a-hole after Hawk losses back then, and no one liked playing me those days). Now is better. I have coached sports for 8 years now, and I always ask for dicipline from my players. I can only do that because my wife helped ME find some 18 years ago.

Mase

Cool story, thanks for sharing.

Mine came last year when we took the lead against Atlanta. I was so pumped I decided to head butt the closet door. Needless to say, I did it with bit too much force and my head went right through it. Lucky for me, my wife and kids started to laugh uncontrolably. Still haven't replaced the door. Probably wait for this season to end first.

A

Anonymous

I ran into Shawn Springs one time at a Starbucks, a time ago...

It was about 2:00 in the afternoon, and I was visiting my lube shops on a Monday, after lunch, and I wanted a coffee. I had on a Seahawks hat and a Jersey as I was going to a Monday Night Football party a co-worker was having later that evening and was min line waiting to order. He is ahead of me in line and had on some player's gear and a hat. He was with another guy dressed in a suit. I notice who it is, and he signs something for the two barista's, but me, the guy with the Hawks stuff on, didn't ask him for his autograph.

He gave me a look like "do you want something signed", and I say "hey man, how's it going?" and he says "great bro!" and I shake his hand, but I don't hand him anything to sign. I just didn't. I think it kinda miffed him a little.

He didn't know it then, but I had already met him before in Mill Creek at a signing and had three things signed by him already.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
It was about a dozen years or so ago after a home game against the Rams. Seahawks lost on a last second TD pass. I was so mad I kicked the chair I had been sitting in and ripped a big hole in the side. I was able to fix it well enough that my wife didn't notice it for a couple of years. I said I thought it must have happened the time we moved it and it was momentarily caught on the railing. She bought it. That event completely changed my mindset about the outcomes of a game. At least when I didn't like the outcome.The fact that I damaged something that I worked hard to pay for was eye opening. I finally came clean about the chair last year. She just looked at me and called me a dork. Another lesson learned, if you wait long enough and no longer even have the damaged item, you can just laugh about it. And your wife will be much more forgiving than if she witnessed it. That could have been ugly.