Happy draft day!

Rat

Reaction score
Bowers! Bowers! Bowers! Bowers!

I'm not expecting him to be there, but I said the same thing last year about JSN. I was even suggesting making a "slight" reach for him at 5 when I expected him to go in the 8-12 range.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I wish we would just pick a potential blue chipper at #16 and then quit making expensive trades that necessitate trading back for more picks. It's a big reason why this roster decayed over the years.
Not a bad point. There's just no guarantee. If they feel there's a surefire starter to be had at 16 and they are enamored with that player... sure, take him.
I just don't know if there will be a guy rated high enough on their board if the Tackles are gone. (I'm out on Fautana b/c of knee. We need a Tackle to move our other knee injury Tackle inside. Don't need two hobblely wobblely's.)

I'm all for BPA early r. There's a few players they could possibly get at 22 and might be same/similar guy value wise as 16. Plus, an extra pick or two. I think there's a lot of 2nd-3rd round grade guys. Not so many 1st.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Bowers! Bowers! Bowers! Bowers!

I'm not expecting him to be there, but I said the same thing last year about JSN. I was even suggesting making a "slight" reach for him at 5 when I expected him to go in the 8-12 range.
Would love this. We both know he won't be there. If he is and they take another player passing on him, conniption fit time. Not quite a conniption if they trade and get better than expected value.

Bowers will be gone around 9 or 10... at the latest. Erin Rodgers has got to be salivating.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The one mock that makes zero sense to me was Daniel Jeremiah who has us taking a corner (Arnold). Mind you I thought Chad Reuter was out of his mind when he mocked a corner to the Hawks at 5 last year but he was right. But this year, with all the other needs I can't see it.

sutz

Reaction score
I've always expected a trade back this year. They've at least plugged bodies into all the holes in FA. You can argue the quality of those pickups all you want, but at least there is depth and not really glaring holes on the roster.

So trading back for two 2d day picks makes more sense to me than going one 1st rounder and then sitting out the 2d. With a deep OL class, taking one so early doesn't make sense. You can get one later in the 1st if we land in the 20's and definitely can get some quality in the 2d round if we can score a pick there. Our worst holes on the roster can be filled in on Day 2/3.

One other thing is that JS always likes to bring in about 10 picks on draft day if he can do it. If we pick at #16, that would be much harder to expand our current 7 picks to 8 or 9 or so.

Rat

Reaction score
Would love this. We both know he won't be there. If he is and they take another player passing on him, conniption fit time. Not quite a conniption if they trade and get better than expected value.

Bowers will be gone around 9 or 10... at the latest. Erin Rodgers has got to be salivating.
The prevailing rumor with the Jets is that they're desperate to find a receiver to line up opposite Garrett Wilson (they signed Mike Williams, but his health is a big question mark) and are enamored with Odunze. Even if the Jets pass, there are other teams before us that will undoubtedly be considering him, but I don't think it'd be the most shocking thing ever if he were to fall outside the first 12 picks.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I wish we would just pick a potential blue chipper at #16 and then quit making expensive trades that necessitate trading back for more picks. It's a big reason why this roster decayed over the years.
Yes. Grab the 16th player off the board then move on. Don't get cute and collect a bunch of late picks that get thrown on the practice squad or simply get cut.

OP
OP
oldhawkfan

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Yes. Grab the 16th player off the board then move on. Don't get cute and collect a bunch of late picks that get thrown on the practice squad or simply get cut.
The 16th pick is no guarantee of success. No picks are. Might as well increase your odds by creating more draft capitol.

Chapow

Reaction score
It's my 10th wedding anniversary today! I'll have to be low key with draft information tonight. Ugh, why does it have to start so late? Noon Eastern seems like a good time to me.

The NFL wants the 1st round of the draft to be in "primetime", and for good reason. There's no way they would ever do it at noon ET / 9am PT on a weekday. Just absolutely no way. I don't think most fans would like that very much either.

metwelve

Reaction score
I'm all in on trading down if the draft is going our way. hoping the pick is OL, DT, or Edge.🤞

Jac

Reaction score
The 16th pick is no guarantee of success. No picks are. Might as well increase your odds by creating more draft capitol.
There are 3 (perhaps 4) QB's that will go before #16. That's going to push down legitimate playmakers to #16. I'd rather just they get one of them and go into next year's draft with a full slate (minus the 5th they still owe on Leonard Williams). Or if they insist on trading down, at least quit pissing away draft capital on expensive trades.

HOF Hater

Reaction score
This draft is deep enough that if you trade down you're still getting a great prospect, I'm fine with any scenario where we grab a top OL/DL prospect and if that requires trading down and getting that 2nd Rounder back and maybe adding a 3rd or 4th then I definitely wouldn't hate that