Hawks pertaining to Week 17 Power Rankings…

Hawker20

Reaction score
…and their record.

I was looking at Sporting News Power Rankings yesterday and it has as follows:

1. Ravens
2.Niners
3. Dolphins
4. Lions
5. Eagles
6. Browns
7. Bills
8. Chiefs
9. Cowgirls
10. Rams

I will admit it's been especially tough watching some of the Seahawks games this year. Much of that due to inconsistency of play on both sides of the ball and VERY predictable play calling. However, some of you have been so dang negative in regards to this team. We have BEATEN Teams 4, 5, 6 and almost beaten 9 and 10 on this list. 6 of our 7 losses have been to teams in the top 10 in Power Rankings. No real bad losses that the Seahawks usually have in prior years. (Knock on Wood). This team is yet to play it's best game from start to finish on both sides of the ball. This team deserves some credit with some very good wins and showing grit against several of the top teams in the league this year. Just my two cents. :)

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Can't argue with that. Although it's honestly the reason I, personally, have been down or negative towards the squad.

They do some mind numbingly dumb stuff in games, stuff that I feel that if they could just clean that stuff up, they would have likely won a min of 2 of those L's we took.

renofox

Reaction score
I won't "shit on the Seahawks" with my view, and I won't make a post that includes our games against 1. and 2. or note the nature of the wins against 4., 5., and 6. I'll even leave 9. and 10. alone.

I'll just go with the flow so as to avoid inflicting butthurt on the sensitives here.

🌈🦄🌈🦄🌈🦄

GO HAWKS!

I will note that it is very unusual to have played 9 of 15 games against the top-10 list but I won't note we are 3-6 in those games.

I hope I didn't hurt anyone's feels.

flv2

Reaction score
The 2023 Seahawks are a solid outfit but fans sense things aren't moving in the right direction. In 2020 the points differential was +88, In 2021 it dropped to +29. In 2022 it dropped to +6. In 2023 it's languishing at -32. It doesn't feel like progress.

morgulon1

Reaction score
I was looking at Sporting News Power Rankings yesterday and it has as follows:

1. Ravens
2.Niners
3. Dolphins
4. Lions
5. Eagles
6. Browns
7. Bills
8. Chiefs
9. Cowgirls
10. Rams

I will admit it's been especially tough watching some of the Seahawks games this year. Much of that due to inconsistency of play on both sides of the ball and VERY predictable play calling. However, some of you have been so dang negative in regards to this team. We have BEATEN Teams 4, 5, 6 and almost beaten 9 and 10 on this list. 6 of our 7 losses have been to teams in the top 10 in Power Rankings. No real bad losses that the Seahawks usually have in prior years. (Knock on Wood). This team is yet to play it's best game from start to finish on both sides of the ball. This team deserves some credit with some very good wins and showing grit against several of the top teams in the league this year. Just my two cents. :)

The only real beat down they took was Baltimore. The loses that bother me at this point we're the Rams games.

Ozzy

Reaction score
The 2023 Seahawks are a solid outfit but fans sense things aren't moving in the right direction. In 2020 the points differential was +88, In 2021 it dropped to +29. In 2022 it dropped to +6. In 2023 it's languishing at -32. It doesn't feel like progress.
Valid point. I hate blaming injuries because very team is battling them and we’ve benefited by playing a couple of teams who lost their QB but I think it hurt us losing guys on the offensive line.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Valid point. I hate blaming injuries because very team is battling them and we’ve benefited by playing a couple of teams who lost their QB but I think it hurt us losing guys on the offensive line.

It did hurt, particularly in the red zone when Geno needs that protection up front.

flv2

Reaction score
I think the injuries are a significant contributor. It's hard to quantify the effect of 1 team's injuries vs the effect on other teams. However, I think it's fair to say the Seahawks are worse off than league average in 2023.

keasley45

Reaction score
Not many lost their 2 best onlineman, and tackles at that

WarHawks

Reaction score
We are what our record says we are. An average to slightly above average team on our good days. Our D is average, our red zone offense is bad, and we dont put bad teams away. That's not being negative, that's just telling the truth. I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with acknowledging that.

xray

Reaction score
The Hawks will end the season with one of these 3 records . 10-7...9-8...or 8-9 . The last two records would mean the Hawks are just an average team . The 10-7 record would mean the Hawks are good team . In the words of Bill Parcells..." You are what your record says you are ". NFL standings are all about numbers ; and numbers don't lie or can be disputed . Every team experiences injuries , bad officiating , bad play calling , bad weather and unlucky bounces . The final score at the end is all that matters .

hawkfan68

Reaction score
They have 4 games with double digit losses - 49ers twice, Ravens, and Rams. But even so the -32 seems to be weighed heavily due to the 37-3 loss to the Ravens. Otherwise, the point diff would be relatively even.

flv2

Reaction score
They have 4 games with double digit losses - 49ers twice, Ravens, and Rams. But even so the -32 seems to be weighed heavily due to the 37-3 loss to the Ravens. Otherwise, the point diff would be relatively even.
I accept that points differential is just a guide rather than some definitive measuring stick. I also certainly accept the point about the Ravens game. 1 game can skew the stats to create a false picture. As regards to Power Rankings the Seahawks finished last season somewhere around 15. This season feels like more of a disappointment.