Hawks sign Snacks!

Own The West

Reaction score
Apparently he's getting $156k from the Seahawks -- after collecting $5M from Detroit.

He must really want to be here because that's chicken scratch for a guy that's made around $40M in his career.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’m terrible at interior evaluation. What does he bring that we’re not already getting? Does he help with pressure? We’re playing awesome against the run already. Not against it just curious, I don’t know a ton about snacks

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
austinslater25":a625d0j1 said:
I’m terrible at interior evaluation. What does he bring that we’re not already getting? Does he help with pressure? We’re playing awesome against the run already. Not against it just curious, I don’t know a ton about snacks
I think Snacks is a guarantee that the run defense should be on point. I idea may be that they can attempt to blitz or send more rushers while Snacks anchors the middle against the run just in case for draw plays or the like. Or they're hoping Snacks will pull an extra blocker to help a fledgling line.

rcaido

Reaction score
HawkerD":3ot3be1x said:
Per Field Gulls:
"However, the fact that he’s on the practice squad also means that he is free to negotiate with other teams at least through this week since the deadline for practice squad protections have closed for Week 5."

This is a bit worrisome, you would think a team would be protected for signing a player to go thru covid protocol.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
rcaido":3doeq5gn said:
HawkerD":3doeq5gn said:
Per Field Gulls:
"However, the fact that he’s on the practice squad also means that he is free to negotiate with other teams at least through this week since the deadline for practice squad protections have closed for Week 5."

This is a bit worrisome, you would think a team would be protected for signing a player to go thru covid protocol.

On the other hand why would another team negotiate with him without seeing him. If he's here and now going through his daily covid testing in order to be eligible to come off the practice squad next week, doesn't make sense for him to negotiate with other teams......and more importantly doesn't make sense for other teams to negotiate with him if they can't see him.

rcaido

Reaction score
Some teams just suck in negotiations...They see a player like Snack and notice the cheap signing...It would be easy for team to just send out a dumb money/offer that they can risk losing.

Like ebay listing when they say its untested, you chance it if its really cheap like Snacks contract. If he sucks no big deal, but the reward is far greater than the risk.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks Sgt.!!! I missed your post apparently.

Your assumption makes a lot of sense. Harrison will now be subject to team protocols. There could be other explanations such as roster management or contractual finalization though. Your explanation makes the most logical sense. The arrangement gets him paid something right away and ensures he's part of the team.

RCATES

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3r34x29l said:
rcaido":3r34x29l said:
HawkerD":3r34x29l said:
Per Field Gulls:

On the other hand why would another team negotiate with him without seeing him. If he's here and now going through his daily covid testing in order to be eligible to come off the practice squad next week, doesn't make sense for him to negotiate with other teams......and more importantly doesn't make sense for other teams to negotiate with him if they can't see him.

He's cleared and ready to go. Apparently he was here last week according to PC.

Carroll says Damon Harrison will practice today. Is fully cleared.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Is he good at collapsing the pocket? Not allowing QBs to step up could go a long way in helping the outside guys get home.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
rcaido":1vzhgq3o said:
HawkerD":1vzhgq3o said:
Per Field Gulls:

Teams can protect up to 4 practice squad players each week. I would assume that Snacks would be one of those 4.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
According to the Prof (and Wyman?) Snacks is ours, locked up. No one can snatch him off our PS unless he is waived? That was always my understanding until HawkerD jolted me upstream.
If nothing else Harrison will occupy blockers which should help our rushers, plus give guys like Reed a chance to stay fresher.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1zy382z5 said:
rcaido":1zy382z5 said:
HawkerD":1zy382z5 said:
Per Field Gulls:

Teams can protect up to 4 practice squad players each week. I would assume that Snacks would be one of those 4.

I think they can only protect two players/week.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Good luck, Demarcus Christmas, we hardly knew ye.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
jammerhawk":j50xw9me said:
XxXdragonXxX":j50xw9me said:
rcaido":j50xw9me said:
HawkerD":j50xw9me said:
Per Field Gulls:

Could be, I got that information from this article.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cincyj ... at-to-know

Also says that they're only protected from Tuesday through Sunday so I guess could be poached on Monday?

Chawker

Reaction score
Now with Harrison signed he still needs to clear the 5 days of covin test before he is allowed to join the team at the v-mac center. My guess is he'll be heald in reserve until week 7. At Which time the team will also have the return of Darrell Taylor which could be a remarkable combination for our defensive front four.

Cheers

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":ato6yod9 said:
RockinHawks":ato6yod9 said:
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/damon-harrison-seattle-bound

This is great news...helps the run D as well as the edge rushers!!!

Why is he signed to the practice squad? Is that the norm in these abnormal times?
They can flex him onto the roster for two weeks before having to cut someone or put him on the 53 man roster. They are taking advantage of the rule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1ny193ny said:
XxXdragonXxX":1ny193ny said:
rcaido":1ny193ny said:
HawkerD":1ny193ny said:
Per Field Gulls:

I believe the rules on the practice squad changed dramatically for this year... more players, protect up to 4, etc.

Not sure how that impacts all of this or what the specifics are.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Everyone knew it, you knew it, the media new it, I knew it.. Hawks were going to enter the season with out a pass rush. Is the Hawks the only ones who didn't know this? Why wait till a quarter of the way into the season to try to address this?.. Yeah I know we lost a lineman who they were counting on, but everyone knew he wasn't going to be the answer anyway.