Hawks To Sign AB?

sc85sis

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":21n1wv4l said:
JayhawkMike":21n1wv4l said:
He’d be much less of a distraction to the team than kaepernick would be.

I would take a chance on him. A Pro not a Joe.

Bet if we are going to be 27th in the league in pass vs run percentage don’t bother.

I wish a good player would become available in a position of true need rather than WR and Safety.

From the Article posted in the posted above.

Antonio Brown's trans.

• Threatening a reporter for writing a critical article about him
• Tossing furniture out of his apartment window, nearly hitting a toddler
• Driving over 100 MPH on a suburban highway
• Several domestic incidents, one of which he streamed live on Instagram
• An NSFW music video for a rap song that is just him repeating the phase “I gotta whole lotta money”
• A doctor sued him for unpaid fees
• An allegation of sexual misconduct, which led to Brown sending the alleged victim intimidating texts
• The aforementioned sexual assault allegation
• The aforementioned no contest plea to felony burglary with battery charge

In the locker room
• Broadcast his team’s celebration of a playoff victory despite his teammates requests to keep a low profile on social media
• Skipped practices leading up to a Week 17 must-win game to make the playoffs in 2018, and was benched
• Demanded a trade from Pittsburgh less than two years after signing a massive extension
• Got frostbite on his feet after not wearing proper footwear to a cryotherapy session
• Refused to practice after the NFL banned his helmet
• Missed several practices in Oakland, resulting in fines
• Reached out to social media consultants for advice on how to expedite his release
• Confronted Raiders general manager Mike Mayock in an altercation that nearly turned physical
• Apologized with a 20-second statement, then demanded his release the next day

As a teammate
• Got angry after A PRACTICE for a lack of targets in 2015
• Pouted after his teammate DeAngelo Williams scored Pittsburgh’s first TD of the 2017 AFC Championship game
• Threw a Gatorade cooler during a game in 2017 after a play in which he was open and didn’t get the ball
• Got angry at an assistant coach, sulked after a Ben Roethlisberger TD run, and was angry about his involvement in the offense all in one 2018 game against the Chiefs in which he was targeted 17 times

Kaepernick.

Knelt down during the national anthem.

What a world we live in when the latter is more of a distraction.
He also tried to start a Twitter beef with Juju by making fun of the fact that Juju had once asked him for advice when Juju was at USC. He’s toxic towards his own teammates and former teammates.

Pass.

Largent80

Reaction score
There's a difference from a "star" and a jackass. AB has proven he is a jackass and done it over a long period of time.

chris98251

Reaction score
Largent80":3pijgckx said:
There's a difference from a "star" and a jackass. AB has proven he is a jackass and done it over a long period of time.

Kind of why Jeff George who had talent off the charts could never make it work either.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
AB - Great Player. Is he worth the headache?
CK - Sucked as a player when he left the league. Is he worth the headache?

You are not signing CK for football reasons but only for other reasons.

You might not sign AB for non-football reasons but you might for what he can do on the field.

The Chargers coach spoke out about CK so I am hoping if anyone signs him that they do. I DESPISE that team since they turned traitor on Sand Diego and CK going their will diminish their paltry fan base a little more. Eff the Spanos!

dopeboy206

Reaction score
JayhawkMike":3aaghkxx said:

You might not sign AB for non-football reasons but you might for what he can do on the field.

The Chargers coach spoke out about CK so I am hoping if anyone signs him that they do. I DESPISE that team since they turned traitor on Sand Diego and CK going their will diminish their paltry fan base a little more. Eff the Spanos!
How can a player suck after he left the league when he’s not playing? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
dopeboy206":3g0y2ifl said:
JayhawkMike":3g0y2ifl said:

How can a player suck after he left the league when he’s not playing? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trying intentionally to look stupid? “Sucked as a player when he left the league” what sort of stupid CHAZ zombie are you?

beastalamode

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":5wpwzdtf said:
JayhawkMike":5wpwzdtf said:

Bet if we are going to be 27th in the league in pass vs run percentage don’t bother.

I wish a good player would become available in a position of true need rather than WR and Safety.

From the Article in the post above.

Antonio Brown's trans.

• An NSFW music video for a rap song that is just him repeating the phase “I gotta whole lotta money”
• An allegation of sexual misconduct, which led to Brown sending the alleged victim intimidating texts

In the locker room
• Broadcast his team’s celebration of a playoff victory despite his teammates requests to keep a low profile on social media
• Skipped practices leading up to a Week 17 must-win game to make the playoffs in 2018, and was benched
• Demanded a trade from Pittsburgh less than two years after signing a massive extension
• Got frostbite on his feet after not wearing proper footwear to a cryotherapy session
• Reached out to social media consultants for advice on how to expedite his release
• Confronted Raiders general manager Mike Mayock in an altercation that nearly turned physical

As a teammate
• Pouted after his teammate DeAngelo Williams scored Pittsburgh’s first TD of the 2017 AFC Championship game
• Threw a Gatorade cooler during a game in 2017 after a play in which he was open and didn’t get the ball
• Got angry at an assistant coach, sulked after a Ben Roethlisberger TD run, and was angry about his involvement in the offense all in one 2018 game against the Chiefs in which he was targeted 17 times

Kaepernick.

Pig socks, Fidel Castro love, and comparing Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner to Leo and Sam in Django Unchained.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
beastalamode":1cuxetnz said:
XxXdragonXxX":1cuxetnz said:
JayhawkMike":1cuxetnz said:

From the Article in the post above.

Antonio Brown's trans.

In the locker room

As a teammate

Kaepernick.

Pig socks, Fidel Castro love, and comparing Ray Lewis and the Ravens owner to Leo and Sam in Django Unchained.

Keep going, you're slowly inching him up to matching Antonio Brown...might get there in a few decades at this pace.

BTW, I am in no way advocating that we should sign Kaepernick, just saying that Brown is light-years beyond Kaep in terms of being a distraction.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Seems like a very Harvinesque signing to me but it feels like it would hardly matter.

Sure, what AB did to the Raiders was ridiculous. (And I hate the Raiders for moving to Vegas)

But would it even matter here?

We already HAVE the #1 QB+WR combination in the NFL. At least in terms of being the most effective + efficient combination.

We don't throw the ball enough for it to matter, but if we did - we have the horses. How is adding AB to the mix going to make much difference when we won't be throwing the ball unless down by 2 TDs?

beastalamode

Reaction score
I would think because it forces their #3 cb to cover AB, which seems good for us. He's crazy though so there's that.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I have always been against this idea. Dude is soooooooo selfish as a human being. Today I saw a report asking if AB and Russ are working out together. I thought about how I do t trust AB at all and then I thought what it could look like if he WAS trustworthy. I’m ashamed to say I think it would be amazing to have him if he behaved. That said I think I’ll be secretly happy if he ends up with us, but outwardly skeptical.

CPHawk

Reaction score
I guarantee we already have guys on the team, who are just as selfish, and say crazy stuff behind doors. People just know how nuts he is, because he is arguably the top WR in the nfl when he plays. Probably a top 10 player. So the media spotlight is on him all the time. Take him, and keep the media away. We would instantly have the top WR room in the nfl.

toffee

Reaction score
I am not convinced that AB wants to be any team's third receiver, not even second receiver. Is AB good enough to be our first and go to WR?

I can foresee locker room issues with Lockett and Metcalf, unless we change our MO into a pass first team, air Hawks?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

GeekHawk

Reaction score
If the choice is that the Seahawks sign AB, or I 'do' a leper prostitute with Covid-19, bring on the hooker. Screw that sociopathic narcissist! You might as well volunteer for terminal cancer.

xray

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3pyznurm said:
If the choice is that the Seahawks sign AB, or I 'do' a leper prostitute with Covid-19, bring on the hooker. Screw that sociopathic narcissist! You might as well volunteer for terminal cancer.

^^
Me too except the leper part or the virus, other than that I'm in . :2thumbs:

Bobblehead

Reaction score
I think the Hawks maybe waiting on Gordon to see what happens first.. AB could be a backup plan if Gordon doesn't work out. Gordon would possibly be a priority since he probably would come at a cheaper price... IDK.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
beastalamode":3nd5yvwc said:
I would think because it forces their #3 cb to cover AB, which seems good for us. He's crazy though so there's that.

#3 CB on AB? That’s a fantasy scenario. More realistic scenario is that #1 CB is on AB, while Metcalf or Lockett get the #3 CB on them and then RW throws their way. AB pouts because he isn’t getting all the passes. Causing a friction in the locker room. No thanks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1i0hai5o said:
beastalamode":1i0hai5o said:

#3 CB on AB? That’s a fantasy scenario. More realistic scenario is that #1 CB is on AB, while Metcalf or Lockett get the #3 CB on them and then RW throws their way. AB pouts because he isn’t getting all the passes. Causing a friction in the locker room. No thanks.
That is exactly what will happen eventually and I thought RW was
smart enough to understand that.
AB is like TO me me me and more me.He is never going to lose
the me part in him no matter how much he changes the action(s)
He will just quietly be selfish to collect a check while numbers go
down because he needs to be center of attention to thrive.