Hot names for the new OC

ducks41468

Reaction score
James in PA":138dsj8u said:
Sounds like Doug Pederson is out & will be taking the next year off. Damn. Today’s new name in the search for our next OC: Kirby Wilson from the Raiders.

Who? Also, this guy has been around Tom Cable! No thanks!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson is 59 and has no OC experience. I can't possibly think of a better candidate.

massari

Reaction score
If they don't give Wilson what he wants, then he demands a trade, I'll probably stop watching the Seahawks tbh.

dear diary

AgentDib

Reaction score
ducks41468":fft2oqe6 said:
Wilson is 59 and has no OC experience. I can't possibly think of a better candidate.
Do you actually know anything about Wilson or is this just ageism? You might be surprised by how much people can learn by the time they are 59.

ducks41468

Reaction score
AgentDib":24mlkesc said:
ducks41468":24mlkesc said:
Do you actually know anything about Wilson or is this just ageism? You might be surprised by how much people can learn by the time they are 59.

Nothing against him, but hiring someone with no OC experience just based on past ties to Pete would be a thoroughly underwhelming hire. And he hasn't even interviewed for an OC role in 7 years, so he doesn't come across as a hungry up-and-comer, regardless of age. Again, the guy could be building an elite repertoire that he's waiting to unleash, but the general indicators are against it and suggest that he's a career position coach.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bevell officially off the list. He wasn't coming back anyway, surely.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1352391454300266499[/tweet]

WmHBonney

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":31ibvdj6 said:

This makes absolutely no sense to me. Unless Bevell wasn't the problem here.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3f393abt said:
Maelstrom787":3f393abt said:

He draws up some great play action stuff. I don't think he's especially creative, and he wasn't doing great in Detroit either. If Jacksonville is going for Lawrence and wants to slow roll it with him like Russ in his first few years, Bevell might be alright.

Urban Meyer is a guy with an offensive background. Probably wants a specific element that Bevell excels at.

James in PA

Reaction score
I’m still hoping we land Chiefs QB coach Mike Kafka. He appears to be next in line to be the Chiefs OC, but if Bienemy gets screwed out of a head coaching job, Kafka couldn’t really get promoted there.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2lmdpvqc said:
WmHBonney":2lmdpvqc said:
Maelstrom787":2lmdpvqc said:

He draws up some great play action stuff. I don't think he's especially creative, and he wasn't doing great in Detroit either. If Jacksonville is going for Lawrence and wants to slow roll it with him like Russ in his first few years, Bevell might be alright.

Urban Meyer is a guy with an offensive background. Probably wants a specific element that Bevell excels at.
Exactly, Bevell is probably not going to have much of a hand in actually calling the offense, my bet is that Urban Meyer will be handling much of the offense. Afterall Urban Meyer has always been big at calling his own plays in college, I don't see much changing here.

I do know Bevell is seen around the league as being a good QB coach.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
WmHBonney":3f1m0yrz said:
Maelstrom787":3f1m0yrz said:

Teams are stupid. Chip Kelley coached a couple of NFL teams.

HagFaithful

Reaction score
I'd like to throw the name Mike McCoy out there. Former QB's coach (Panthers), Offensive Coord (Panthers, Cardinals), and former Chargers Head Coach.

Well-experienced, out of a job...he meets all requirements.

James in PA

Reaction score
jammerhawk":16siaye8 said:
Here is one that I find interesting indeed:

via Bob Condotta Twitter

Add Joe Lombardi to the mix of names for Seahawks’ offensive coordinator job https://seattletimes.com/sports/seahawk ... _inset_1.1… via
@seattletimes

I like the Saint's O schemes as they seem able to take advantage of an intermediate passing game and play action.
And Vince Lombardi’s grandson.

SOLD.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
James in PA":n2ub2k60 said:
jammerhawk":n2ub2k60 said:
Here is one that I find interesting indeed:

via Bob Condotta Twitter

Add Joe Lombardi to the mix of names for Seahawks’ offensive coordinator job https://seattletimes.com/sports/seahawk ... _inset_1.1… via
@seattletimes

I like the Saint's O schemes as they seem able to take advantage of an intermediate passing game and play action.
And Vince Lombardi’s grandson.

SOLD.

Double Sold

Born: Seattle in 1971
High School: Seattle Prep
College: Air Force Academy (I'm and Air Force Vet :D )

nanomoz

Reaction score
The hawks have one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL, and nobody wants this offensive coordinator job. That says everything. There gonna hire some 2nd string janitor to be Pete's lackey.

It s too bad there's no one to hold Pete accountable. If Russ is still here in Sepember, he won't be in 2022.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'd be more interested in Lombardi than in any of the others I've heard so far. But I hope we clear the shelves trying to find the right guy for this job. Much more important to do a complete vet job than get in a rush just to be done with it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I like the idea that the team is looking at quite a few candidates.

There are a lot of high quality coaches the team has spoken to so far. I highly doubt a single one is prepared to be a “yes man” like the Nellies around here are assuming Pete wants.

I want to see creativity and speed to adjust, the effective use of TEs, an innovative intermediate passing game that allows both an effective running game, and an ability to get schemed chunk plays. It’d be nice to see a running game that is more than pound it inside and depend upon the physicality of the RB, who absorbs the pounding b/c of the predictability of the running game. BS’ scheme beat up the backs so by year end they were less effective as a result. I’d also like to see edge busting speed as well. The team has talent and needs more imaginative innovation with the play calling to use the talent.

kf3339

Reaction score
I have no idea who the OC will be right now, but only ask for four things:

1. An OC who PC will trust completely and not feel the need to meddle with the calls or schemes.

2. An OC who understands and knows how to make a new gameplan each week taking into account the next teams defensive strengths and weaknesses.

3. An OC who know how to make in-game adjustments so the other team's defense isn't able to accurately guess our plays on a constant basis.

4. An OC who knows how to teach and call a creative game that caters to RW's strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.

If at the minimum these attributes are found in our new OC then we may have the seeds for another true SB contender, and not just another few years of being a pretender in a Hawk's uniform. That would make me very happy!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kf3339":2ajyd0ht said:
I have no idea who the OC will be right now, but only ask for four things:

1. An OC who PC will trust completely and not feel the need to meddle with the calls or schemes.

2. An OC who understands and knows how to make a new gameplan each week taking into account the next teams defensive strengths and weaknesses.

3. An OC who know how to make in-game adjustments so the other team's defense isn't able to accurately guess our plays on a constant basis.

4. An OC who knows how to teach and call a creative game that caters to RW's strengths and minimizes his weaknesses.

If at the minimum these attributes are found in our new OC then we may have the seeds for another true SB contender, and not just another few years of being a pretender in a Hawk's uniform. That would make me very happy!
This! Great post! :2thumbs: