How many teams interviewed Sean Desai?

toffee

Reaction score
Sounded like this guys really wants out of Seattle, how many interviews has he had in the last few weeks? We knew that he was passed over by the Broncos despite Fangio's recommendations; Viking went with Brian Flores after talking with him; and he has been on Eagle's list of interviewees for a week now; how many more interviews is lining up for him? He was also passed over repeatedly last off season before he 'settled' for Seattle, wasn't he?

What to do with him if he failed in all his interviews? Allow him to come and settle for Seahawks again?

Jville

Reaction score
Sounded like this guys really wants out of Seattle, how many interviews has he had in the last few weeks? We knew that he was passed over by the Broncos despite Fangio's recommendations; Viking went with Brian Flores after talking with him; and he has been on Eagle's list of interviewees for a week now; how many more interviews is lining up for him? He was also passed over repeatedly last off season before he 'settled' for Seattle, wasn't he?

What to do with him if he failed in all his interviews? Allow him to come and settle for Seahawks again?

A proper interview is not to be confused with some kind of pass/fail exam.

Perhaps you don't fully understand the purpose of an interview. As it applies to team sports, I would describe it as a bilateral exchange in which both parties are looking for how well they would potentially fit together in a collaborative commitment. That's the goal of player scouting. And, it's what staffing interviews are about. John Schneider is an obvious resource for insights on the subject via his many published interviews and archived podcasts.

And of course, there have been many academic and testimonial publications on the subject of the art of interviewing as well.

GGotskill

Reaction score
Sounded like this guys really wants out of Seattle, how many interviews has he had in the last few weeks?

That's not how any of this works. Coaches interview ALL the time as they are coming up in the league. Has nothing to do with Desai's desire to stay in Seattle.

Fail? Settle? What is going on here? JFC.

He thinks Pete’s philosophy sucks.

Why post bullshit like this?

Watching the games just like we do

By "watching the games" (doubtful you understand what's really going on anyway) you think you can read Desai's mind? I doubt many here could even pick Desai out of a lineup.

I guess all the doomers and groomers are coming out of the woodwork again. Was nice having them STFU for a while.

bileever

Reaction score
Sean Desai is an unusual guy, someone who never played college football making it big as an NFL coach. He's a smart guy, with a Ph.D. and thought of as a really good teacher as a coach. I would think that he wants to be a head coach someday, and would like to be a defensive coordinator somewhere in order to position himself better. He's blocked by Clint Hurtt here, so he'll have to go somewhere else to be a DC.

I'd rather have him than not have him, he seems like he's a good resource. Pete believes in having good teachers around, and he fits that bill. Hopefully the second year of Hurtt and Desai will be better than the first. But I also think the Seahawks' roster on the defensive side is terrible, and the coaches are not to blame for last year's lack of production. Let's get some better players for the front seven and see what these coaches can do.

balakoth

Reaction score
WHy does anyone want to fire DCs and such if its "pete's system" like gimme a break you all that daft?

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Sean Desai is an unusual guy, someone who never played college football making it big as an NFL coach. He's a smart guy, with a Ph.D. and thought of as a really good teacher as a coach. I would think that he wants to be a head coach someday, and would like to be a defensive coordinator somewhere in order to position himself better. He's blocked by Clint Hurtt here, so he'll have to go somewhere else to be a DC.

I'd rather have him than not have him, he seems like he's a good resource. Pete believes in having good teachers around, and he fits that bill. Hopefully the second year of Hurtt and Desai will be better than the first. But I also think the Seahawks' roster on the defensive side is terrible, and the coaches are not to blame for last year's lack of production. Let's get some better players for the front seven and see what these coaches can do.
So true, I was intrigued by someone who never played, now teaching players how to play. And he's doing good enough job at the highest level.